d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1293294295296297528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
May 31 2019 07:56am

Pennsylvania suspect shoved man onto train tracks for being white: police

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-suspect-shoved-man-onto-train-tracks-for-being-white-police

A Pennsylvania man is behind bars after shoving another man onto train tracks last week for being white, police said.

Willie Hayes – who is black – was taken into custody Thursday on charges of ethnic intimidation, attempted homicide and aggravated assault, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.
Willie Hayes is accused of shoving another man onto train tracks for being white.

Police said the incident happened around 9 p.m. last Saturday at the Wood Street Light Rail Transit in Pittsburgh. A criminal complaint cited two witnesses who told police that the victim “was assaulted and then thrown onto the trolley tracks by an unknown black male.”

The victim – later identified as Charles Basarab – was punched three times, then shoved, and thrown onto the tracks, police said. Basarab was hospitalized with broken bones, bruises, cuts, and facial injuries and required surgery for internal bleed, the Post-Gazette reported.

VIDEO: POLICE RELEASE FOOTAGE OF ELDERLY MAN BEING SHOVED OFF CITY BUS; PASSENGER NOW FACING MURDER CHARGE, POLICE SAY

According to the criminal complaint, cited by KDKA, the victim told police from the hospital that the suspect said: “he was assaulting him because he was white.”

Authorities identified the suspect as Willie Hayes through a surveillance video. A SWAT team surrounded Hayes’ Sharpsburg home Thursday morning and he was arrested. Hayes was booked into the Allegheny County Jail on a $50,000 bond. Hayes’ next court appearance will be in June because he was unable to make bail.

VIDEO: Police release footage of elderly man being shoved off city bus; passenger now facing murder charge, police say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/surveillance-video-shows-woman-allegedly-violently-shove-74-year-old-man-off-bus

Video showing a woman violently pushing a 74-year-old man out the door of a stopped bus in downtown Las Vegas on March 21 was released by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on Tuesday.

Serge Fournier initially survived the fall but later died of his injuries at a hospital on April 21.

UNRULY PASSENGER, 25, NOW FACES MURDER CHARGE AFTER MAN, 74, SHE PUSHED OFF BUS DIES OF HEAD INJURY: POLICE

The woman, identified by police as Cadesha Bishop, 25, now faces murder charges, police say.

But I guess these aren't hate crimes because the perps were blacks. :/
Gold: 2,489.69
May 31 2019 07:59am
Quote (Ghot @ May 31 2019 07:56am)
Pennsylvania suspect shoved man onto train tracks for being white: police

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-suspect-shoved-man-onto-train-tracks-for-being-white-police

VIDEO: Police release footage of elderly man being shoved off city bus; passenger now facing murder charge, police say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/surveillance-video-shows-woman-allegedly-violently-shove-74-year-old-man-off-bus

But I guess these aren't hate crimes because the perps were blacks. :/

The assault charge should 100% be charged as a hate crime.

The homicide should not. proving homicide is already going to be a high enough burden of proof given how the indecent happened, adding in hate crime requirements would give a high chance she walks because they can't convince a jury or grand jury of it. I'd rather her take 20+ years for top level manslaughter or bottom tier murder than do 5 years for an aggravated assault charge that a grand jury comes up with.
May 31 2019 08:10am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 31 2019 09:59am)
The assault charge should 100% be charged as a hate crime.

The homicide should not. proving homicide is already going to be a high enough burden of proof given how the indecent happened, adding in hate crime requirements would give a high chance she walks because they can't convince a jury or grand jury of it. I'd rather her take 20+ years for top level manslaughter or bottom tier murder than do 5 years for an aggravated assault charge that a grand jury comes up with.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting they be charged for hate crimes, but rather they be labeled as hate crimes and splattered all over ALL the US media, like if the colors were reversed.
Cause we all know the media isn't biased. :/
Gold: 28,296.69
May 31 2019 08:12am
Quote (Ghot @ May 31 2019 07:10am)
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting they be charged for hate crimes, but rather they be labeled as hate crimes and splattered all over ALL the US media, like if the colors were reversed.
Cause we all know the media isn't biased. :/

make a white victim thread

May 31 2019 08:25am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:12am)
make a white victim thread

Oh I figured you would. We all know how unbiased you are. :/
May 31 2019 08:29am
Quote (Ghot @ May 31 2019 07:25am)
Oh I figured you would. We all know how unbiased you are. :/

I don't need a thread about one color of people harming another color over their color

I'm consistent on violence and excessive force you are not but you're welcome to start a black people harming white people thread if that's how you want to approach it and feel nobody else is covering it
May 31 2019 08:31am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:29am)
I don't need a thread about one color of people harming another color over their color

I'm consistent on violence and excessive force you are not but you're welcome to start a black people harming white people thread if that's how you want to approach it and feel nobody else is covering it

Yeah, you're consistent alright. You're spamming as fast as you can to prevent anyone from actually SEEING that post.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 31 2019 08:52am
Quote (Ghot @ May 31 2019 08:31am)
Yeah, you're consistent alright. You're spamming as fast as you can to prevent anyone from actually SEEING that post.

oh brother. break out the tinfoil.

beo now spends his days burying stories so like 12 people wont read a nationally published story?

eeeeeeeeeeeek. sad.
May 31 2019 09:04am
Quote (Ghot @ May 31 2019 07:31am)

the thread is for satire do you wish for your news stories to be seen as satire?

I'm only being partially snarky when I suggest a thread for it. If you think these types of stories are not being properly covered and want to share them make a thread

I'm one of the few people that actually read your posts anyway so it's not like I'm preventing your voice from being heard
Gold: 107.77
May 31 2019 10:13am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:04am)
the thread is for satire

No it is for real news. Post real news pls.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/30/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-executes-envoy-hanoi-summit-trump-amid/
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1293294295296297528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll