d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Detroit Pistons Fan Thread > 2016 And Beyond
Prev1293031323344Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Mar 16 2020 10:45pm
Quote (Vtrix @ Mar 17 2020 12:05am)
they are not that good? lol i mean must be sad times if this considered a young "core" lol....

My issue with the Pistons, is that they never seem to know what the fuck kind of direction they want to head in.

I still never understood why the fuck they even bothered going after Blake Griffin. They not only gave up Harris, Bradley, and Boban, but also tossed in 1st round pick. That is mind boggling. Like, the dude is getting paid over 35+ million... The Pistons should've been getting picks not giving them away.

James Edwards III

@JLEdwardsIII
It's interesting that so many people believe that SVG went to an underwater bunker to trade for Blake Griffin and didn't come back to land until it was done. Ownership wanted the deal done. They wanted a superstar.

3:26 PM - May 7, 2018

The Pistons should've realized Drummond was never the franchise player, moved on from him at least 2 years ago and try to develop their young players.

I think the Pistons should wise up, get rid of Dwayne Casey and go after Kenny Atkinson.

I also would've kept Stanley Johnson.

You may not like Sekou, Kennard, or Wood. But I wonder what they would look like with an actual coach.

This post was edited by ShampooMonK on Mar 16 2020 11:11pm
Gold: 6,479.31
Mar 17 2020 04:03am
Quote (Winlaw @ Mar 17 2020 12:02am)
Ew I think Cole Anthony is gonna be a bust imho.

Wood should definitely be a priority for y’all though. Should lock him up for a reasonable price before his value increases even more

Idk I kinda like his athleticism. He has a natural way of moving with the ball that I feel like, if he’s developed well he could really shine in the league. Pistons are not known for their player development rn though so maybe not lol

Quote (Vtrix @ Mar 17 2020 12:05am)
they are not that good? lol i mean must be sad times if this considered a young "core" lol....

Quote (Queefy @ Mar 17 2020 12:15am)
No, they wont be superstars, but they could be very promising role players to pair with a superstar (if the pistons could ever get one lol)

With the way the nba is headed and continuously gets intertwined with social media and 'celebrity status' with superstars all flocking to big city teams, alot of teams like the pistons who dont have much to lure them with will never have one and be stuck in mediocrity. And even if we drafted one, he'll just bolt first chance he gets

So guys at this skill level might be all we get for a while, which is why they are exciting to us.

/e
Atleast thats my take on it, as you obviously know the nba is my least followed league lol

I think Sekou and Wood could both be superstars. Kennard has a JJ Redick-esque ceiling.

Quote (ShampooMonK @ Mar 17 2020 12:45am)
My issue with the Pistons, is that they never seem to know what the fuck kind of direction they want to head in.

I still never understood why the fuck they even bothered going after Blake Griffin. They not only gave up Harris, Bradley, and Boban, but also tossed in 1st round pick. That is mind boggling. Like, the dude is getting paid over 35+ million... The Pistons should've been getting picks not giving them away.

The Pistons should've realized Drummond was never the franchise player, moved on from him at least 2 years ago and try to develop their young players.

I think the Pistons should wise up, get rid of Dwayne Casey and go after Kenny Atkinson.

I also would've kept Stanley Johnson.

You may not like Sekou, Kennard, or Wood. But I wonder what they would look like with an actual coach.

Agreed, and that first rounder turned into SGA iirc
Mar 17 2020 07:23am
Tweeted at the Pistons to resign Wood at whatever the cost. The ball is in their court, I’ve done all I can do.
Jr Admin
Gold: 7,900.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 16 2020 08:31am
Bump
Nov 16 2020 08:55am
Glad we just dealt a solid prospect in Bruce Brown for a random Euro and a 2nd round pick.

Excited for him to follow in the foot steps of Middleton and Dinwiddie and become an all-star/significant contributor on a contender.

🤦‍♂️
Gold: 10.55
Nov 16 2020 09:11am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ Nov 16 2020 06:55am)
Glad we just dealt a solid prospect in Bruce Brown for a random Euro and a 2nd round pick.

Excited for him to follow in the foot steps of Middleton and Dinwiddie and become an all-star/significant contributor on a contender.

🤦‍♂️

Fucking hell 🤬

And its not even a 2nd this year either... Though i guess next years draft is supposed to have a better crop of players so maybe its for the best. Still, i wouldve liked to see them pick up that 19th overall from the nets and take a chance on Cassius Winston.

This post was edited by Queefy on Nov 16 2020 09:14am
Nov 19 2020 08:49am
Really loved the aggressiveness Troy Weaver displayed in the draft last night, kept our 7th overall pick and added 3 others

7 - Killian Hayes
16 - Isaiah Stewart
19 - Saddiq Bey
38 - Saben Lee

2 guards, a wing/combo forward, and a big, covered all our bases and I believe we drafted positions of need.

I like that we drafted 2 solid shooters from range in Bey and Hayes. I'm not a huge fan of the Stewart pick, but his potential is definitely there. Not sure what to make of Saben Lee yet.

In trades we acquired Trevor Ariza, Tony Bradley, the 16th pick, 19th pick, and 38th pick for a total of 2 future picks, cash, and Luke Kennard. I feel like we got great value in those trades.

We also swapped Bruce Brown for Dzanan Musa and a 2021 2nd rounder earlier this week.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this team next season, I think we filled some areas of need, and Weaver seems to be assembling the pieces he wants to work with moving forward.

I'm most excited about Hayes and Bey. Bey looks like he could be an instant contributor and Hayes is a solid PG prospect.

This post was edited by WrathOfGod1337 on Nov 19 2020 08:51am
Nov 19 2020 09:31am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ Nov 19 2020 06:49am)
Really loved the aggressiveness Troy Weaver displayed in the draft last night, kept our 7th overall pick and added 3 others

7 - Killian Hayes
16 - Isaiah Stewart
19 - Saddiq Bey
38 - Saben Lee

2 guards, a wing/combo forward, and a big, covered all our bases and I believe we drafted positions of need.

I like that we drafted 2 solid shooters from range in Bey and Hayes. I'm not a huge fan of the Stewart pick, but his potential is definitely there. Not sure what to make of Saben Lee yet.

In trades we acquired Trevor Ariza, Tony Bradley, the 16th pick, 19th pick, and 38th pick for a total of 2 future picks, cash, and Luke Kennard. I feel like we got great value in those trades.

We also swapped Bruce Brown for Dzanan Musa and a 2021 2nd rounder earlier this week.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this team next season, I think we filled some areas of need, and Weaver seems to be assembling the pieces he wants to work with moving forward.

I'm most excited about Hayes and Bey. Bey looks like he could be an instant contributor and Hayes is a solid PG prospect.

Another point of note is Hayes and Doumbouya played together in france and are good friends. So theres certainly some familiarity and a little room for optimism there.
Nov 19 2020 09:50am
Quote (Queefy @ Nov 19 2020 10:31am)
Another point of note is Hayes and Doumbouya played together in france and are good friends. So theres certainly some familiarity and a little room for optimism there.

Definitely, could be a great tandem if they develop together. That’s probably a part of why we targeted him. I wasn’t really familiar with him before the draft but after doing some research a lot of people are pretty high on him, so hopefully he pans out!
Nov 19 2020 09:55am
Quote (WrathOfGod1337 @ Nov 19 2020 07:50am)
Definitely, could be a great tandem if they develop together. That’s probably a part of why we targeted him. I wasn’t really familiar with him before the draft but after doing some research a lot of people are pretty high on him, so hopefully he pans out!

Isiah loves the pick, so its good enough for me lol
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1293031323344Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll