d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Playing For First Time Since Release
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,891.00
May 4 2016 08:33am
I played very briefly at release. Not enough to really learn to much.
I have a lv 60 Barb but that was only from exp exploiting my way to 60 then quitting.

So I haven't played since launch.

My buddy and I wanted a co-op pvm game to beat. So we reinstalled our d3s.

I know the game has changed a lot.
I don't intend to (at least not right away) learn all the gems, items, crafts etc. I just want a pvm co-op experience.

I was just wondering, since its been so long, is there anything in particular that we should know? Builds that are particularly good/bad right now?

We don't really know much about the game specifically. We just were going to beat it as a team straight through.

Does the game scale in a way that allows for walkthrough style play? Or will we be forced to stop at find out how/where to exp along the way?
Can we do it without mfing and just play with what we find?
Do we need to download reaper of souls to experience the "fixed game"?

Thanks for those of you that font troll me :)

This post was edited by Stealth on May 4 2016 08:39am
Gold: 55,110.50
May 4 2016 09:18am
U don't have gems or adventure mode if u don't buy ros.Game is pretty bad but even worse without ros.But if u playing it first time u will get money worth game time and experience in my opinion (I know u gonna get different opinions in this topic).It's casual, easy and U will get in "end game" in 1-2 evening.Its get boring fast since u don't have anything to do.

If u gonna buy ros, just Rush trought act 5 and u will get in adventure mode.U never gonna go back storymode after that cause its pointless. When u doing rifts,bounties etc. U gonna get fast items that is needed to play on higher difficults, there is no magic find in D3.U will be looking for class specifed set items.When u finish set u are able to build 1 build around that and play in "end game".

TL;Dr if u looking for real arpg or long lasting gaming experience.Download Poe, its all that d3 should be.Also it's 100% free.

Ohh and if u looking builds and guides check out diablofans.com

This post was edited by LolBastard on May 4 2016 09:21am
Gold: 13,891.00
May 4 2016 09:23am
Quote (LolBastard @ May 4 2016 11:18am)
U don't have gems or adventure mode if u don't buy ros.Game is pretty bad but even worse without ros.But if u playing it first time u will get money worth game time and experience in my opinion (I know u gonna get different opinions in this topic).It's casual, easy and U will get in "end game" in 1-2 evening.Its get boring fast since u don't have anything to do.

If u gonna buy ros, just Rush trought act 5 and u will get in adventure mode.U never gonna go back storymode after that cause its pointless. When u doing rifts,bounties etc. U gonna get fast items that is needed to play on higher difficults.U will be looking for class specifed set items.When u finish set u are able to build 1 build around that and play in "end game".

TL;Dr if u looking for real arpg or long lasting gaming experience.Download Poe, its all that d3 should be.Also it's 100% free.

I downloaded poe. It's alright. I'm sure its good of you want to study the ins and outs of how it all works. I'm not sure I want to do that.
Example: in d3 you can see what you are working for if you don't know the game. I mean I can look at my future skills and plan.

With Poe all the skills are from drops so I can't necessarily see what's coming. So it takes away from the planning and strategizing IMO.
I'm sure if you know what can drop it's different. But I don't know what can drop lol so I don't know what I'm playing towards skill wise -make sense?

Though I'd love for someone to clear that up for me lol
Gold: 701.02
May 4 2016 10:31am
Quote (Stealth @ May 4 2016 11:23am)

I downloaded poe. It's alright. I'm sure its good of you want to study the ins and outs of how it all works. I'm not sure I want to do that.
Example: in d3 you can see what you are working for if you don't know the game. I mean I can look at my future skills and plan.

With Poe all the skills are from drops so I can't necessarily see what's coming. So it takes away from the planning and strategizing IMO.
I'm sure if you know what can drop it's different. But I don't know what can drop lol so I don't know what I'm playing towards skill wise -make sense?

You buy poe skills at the vendor... So you find a build and play it.. So no doesnt make sense.

D3 is a pretty terrible game
Gold: 55,110.50
May 4 2016 12:38pm
Quote (Stealth @ May 4 2016 06:23pm)

Yeah, its much more complicated but that makes it more lasting.There hundreds builds what u can play on Poe.Diablo have only1-3 good builds/ char. Its ofc everyone own taste.

I have played hundreds hours D3 and totally got worth of it's cost by fun times.I also made char this season too.Played like 20 hours and Im already bored. D3 is easy to understand and its easy to start as a new player. If u gonna play it You should buy Ros Its like 80% of the game.

If u want chance char u can powerlevel it from level 1 to 70 in 20-30 mins.
Gold: 482.40
May 4 2016 12:39pm
Quote (Ontarian @ May 4 2016 09:31am)
You buy poe skills at the vendor... So you find a build and play it.. So no doesnt make sense.

D3 is a pretty terrible game

d3 is best game ever made even blizzard said so
Gold: 0.00
May 4 2016 02:18pm
Fk u u no need RoS 2 mak game Is so fkn fun n I luv d3 cus devs didn't pley d2 so is nothing like it!! Fk d2 rofl d2 sux

Activision rly did good 4 make d3
Gold: 276.00
May 4 2016 04:40pm
Quote (Numbers @ May 4 2016 12:18pm)
Fk u u no need RoS 2 mak game Is so fkn fun n I luv d3 cus devs didn't pley d2 so is nothing like it!! Fk d2 rofl d2 sux

Activision rly did good 4 make d3

engrish pwez
Gold: 3,621.69
May 5 2016 12:46am
Quote (Brawn @ 5 May 2016 10:40)
engrish pwez

games fixed
Gold: 860.00
May 5 2016 04:11am
Quote (LolBastard @ May 4 2016 03:18pm)

If u gonna buy ros, just Rush trought act 5 and u will get in adventure mode.U never gonna go back storymode after that cause its pointless. When u doing rifts,bounties etc. U gonna get fast items that is needed to play on higher difficults, there is no magic find in D3.U will be looking for class specifed set items.When u finish set u are able to build 1 build around that and play in "end game".

Ohh and if u looking builds and guides check out diablofans.com

lol POE is just as shit as D3 if not worse...
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll