d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > D2 Installation Failed
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 23 2015 11:09am
The file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Diablo II" could not be renamed to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Diablo II.Trash". If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3)

This is the message i get, im running on windows 10, if thats a problem?

Need your help folks
Gold: 5.55
Trader: Trusted
Nov 23 2015 11:19am
Did you try removing the whole folder then try to install again?

Let me know.
Gold: 8,740.00
Nov 23 2015 11:32am
Hello,

Try doing a full uninstall and reinstalling. The game writes information into your Windows registry, so deleting the folder will likely not work on it's own.

If this doesn't work, I would recommend reaching out to Blizzard Technical Support via their LiveChat service. They are very helpful in my personal experience and will quickly resolve your issue.

Hope this helps :)

This post was edited by cyrusthegreat on Nov 23 2015 11:34am
Nov 23 2015 12:08pm
so i uninstalled everything, now installed it again, and i get this message(on lod install):
Installation program could not copy the file: Setupdat/files100/games.exe Error 0x00000005: acces refused. (E:/d2fra/tools/diablnst/source/diskundo.cpp:246) installation cancelled.
Nov 23 2015 12:15pm
Hello,

Based on your other thread, it looks as if you are trying to install the CD-Free version that you can download directly from Battle.net.

If you have uninstalled all previous copies of the game and are still having issues installing, definitely give Blizzard's Technical Support a try. I had issues installing Diablo 2 from their downloadable installer as well and they were able to quickly resolve my issues. You can find them by Googling Blizzard Live Chat.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

This post was edited by cyrusthegreat on Nov 23 2015 12:16pm
Nov 23 2015 12:20pm
Quote (cyrusthegreat @ Nov 23 2015 02:15pm)
Hello,

Based on your other thread, it looks as if you are trying to install the CD-Free version that you can download directly from Battle.net.

If you have uninstalled all previous copies of the game and are still having issues installing, definitely give Blizzard's Technical Support a try. I had issues installing Diablo 2 from their downloadable installer as well and they were able to quickly resolve my issues. You can find them by Googling Blizzard Live Chat.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

actually ive stopepd trying the blizzard installer for now... for a dumb reaosn haha: i'm not able to relocate the 26 digits cd keys they gave me, caus eid idnt save them the first time i saw them, now if i enter my 16 dig cd key they say diablo2 etc.. but then give me an error instead of the cdkey when i press continue because ive already entered it... seems dumb and there must be a way to fix that, for now im giving a second try to the lod install. lets say i manage to find my cd key on their site, can i install Lod with their installer if i used the cd version for diablo 2 classic? or do i have to do it all over again, your help is much appreciated!

/e same error, will have to use the no disc install for lod
/e found my keys lel

This post was edited by turcotte99 on Nov 23 2015 12:22pm
Nov 23 2015 12:24pm
Quote (turcotte99 @ Nov 23 2015 01:20pm)
actually ive stopepd trying the blizzard installer for now... for a dumb reaosn haha: i'm not able to relocate the 26 digits cd keys they gave me, caus eid idnt save them the first time i saw them, now if i enter my 16 dig cd key they say diablo2 etc.. but then give me an error instead of the cdkey when i press continue because ive already entered it... seems dumb and there must be a way to fix that, for now im giving a second try to the lod install. lets say i manage to find my cd key on their site, can i install Lod with their installer if i used the cd version for diablo 2 classic? or do i have to do it all over again, your help is much appreciated!

/e same error, will have to use the no disc install for lod
/e found my keys lel

Oh good - I was just about to give you some instructions on how to find them - glad you were able to.

Try the installer downloaded from Battle.net. If no luck, then definitely try support. I am also running Windows 10 and had some hiccups while trying to get Diablo 2 installed and they were very helpful in rectifying the issue :)

This post was edited by cyrusthegreat on Nov 23 2015 12:24pm
Nov 23 2015 12:28pm
Quote (cyrusthegreat @ Nov 23 2015 02:24pm)
Oh good - I was just about to give you some instructions on how to find them - glad you were able to.

Try the installer downloaded from Battle.net. If no luck, then definitely try support. I am also running Windows 10 and had some hiccups while trying to get Diablo 2 installed and they were very helpful in rectifying the issue :)

do you get fast answers, rly want to do reset tomorrow haha
Nov 23 2015 12:35pm
Yep - sure do. Blizzard's Technical Support service offers LiveChat, so you'll get instantaneous responses.

All you have to do is Google Blizzard Live Chat and you'll be all set. :)
Nov 23 2015 12:47pm
Quote (cyrusthegreat @ Nov 23 2015 02:35pm)
Yep - sure do. Blizzard's Technical Support service offers LiveChat, so you'll get instantaneous responses.

All you have to do is Google Blizzard Live Chat and you'll be all set. :)

That brought me to the support, i made my ticket and sent all the files they required, didnt see any live chat tho :0, and they say 24-48 hrs for an answer
Go Back To General Help Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic