d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1303330343035303630373169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 23 2019 10:24am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 23 2019 11:15am)
It depends on the issue. On most yes quite moderate in policy.

The deportations are actually rather popular. A wide majority support deportations.

Bush didn't seem big on them but Obama was bout it. Trump seems to have focused more on non-criminal undocumented workers rather than those committing actual crimes so far but we're new to this.

I know that many rural jails are being used as ICE detention centers. You search inmates incarcerated per county as it is public record and see who is where and under what charges and a lot of jails are filled to the brim with Central Americans eating on our dime instead of theirs as they would be if they were unincarcerated. They would be out working and not costing people how don't get their taxes returned so much money. Hillbillies collecting SSDI in the trailer parks cost us way more than the fucking Mexicans lol. Incarceration makes it more expensive. Get them paying taxes.

Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 23 2019 11:18am)
-we aren't going to kill 150 people over an unmanned drone- = good all around, moderates happy

-hey everyone happy ice raid day we are going to deport the shit outta people in a big reality show way and media is going show all the sob stories and images and I'm gonna look really shitty when I should be looking good on iran- = bad moderates won't be happy

Wasn't it over the Strait of Hormuz or whatever that is Iran's territorial water? It was probably spying on them. You can shoot down things spying on you if you're capable and strong enough to resist attack. The US has a weak sovereign right now and foreign powers are all making great strides relative to the US in their region right now. We are going to get a drone shot down and not do anything and Iran will prove it is too big to fail.

Democracies don't go to war with one another anyway I doubt it will happen. Hard to say if the US is still a democracy though only one president had the majority of votes out of the past three.

That being said, how many draft dodgers are going to be commander in chief? We have had some presidents that would be hard to salute. That one marine got nked because he didn't salute Bill Clinton if anyone remembers.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 23 2019 10:29am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 23 2019 10:38am
Quote (Skinned @ Jun 23 2019 11:24am)
https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FT_Deportations2013.png

Bush didn't seem big on them but Obama was bout it. Trump seems to have focused more on non-criminal undocumented workers rather than those committing actual crimes so far but we're new to this.

I know that many rural jails are being used as ICE detention centers. You search inmates incarcerated per county as it is public record and see who is where and under what charges and a lot of jails are filled to the brim with Central Americans eating on our dime instead of theirs as they would be if they were unincarcerated. They would be out working and not costing people how don't get their taxes returned so much money. Hillbillies collecting SSDI in the trailer parks cost us way more than the fucking Mexicans lol. Incarceration makes it more expensive. Get them paying taxes.

Wasn't it over the Strait of Hormuz or whatever that is Iran's territorial water? It was probably spying on them. You can shoot down things spying on you if you're capable and strong enough to resist attack. The US has a weak sovereign right now and foreign powers are all making great strides relative to the US in their region right now. We are going to get a drone shot down and not do anything and Iran will prove it is too big to fail.

Democracies don't go to war with one another anyway I doubt it will happen. Hard to say if the US is still a democracy though only one president had the majority of votes out of the past three.

That being said, how many draft dodgers are going to be commander in chief? We have had some presidents that would be hard to salute. That one marine got nked because he didn't salute Bill Clinton if anyone remembers.

Immigrating illegally is a crime *headscratch*

-we aren't going to kill 150 people over an unmanned drone- = good all around, moderates happy

-hey everyone happy ice raid day we are going to deport the shit outta people in a big reality show way and media is going show all the sob stories and images and I'm gonna look really shitty when I should be looking good on iran- = bad moderates won't be happy

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2019/03/14/around-the-world-more-say-immigrants-are-a-strength-than-a-burden/pgmd_2019-03-14_global-migration-attitudes_0-08/

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jun 23 2019 10:39am
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 23 2019 10:45am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 23 2019 09:38am)
Immigrating illegally is a crime *headscratch*

it's enforcement of the crime that matters and does the enforcement make sense

most people have no issue with deporting trouble makers.

it makes much more sense to get established non trouble making immigrants on the books and not disturb communities where they coexist fine and are a part of said communities

these big public ice raids don't really do any good especially when you give them weeks of winter is coming warning

all it does is give people that have a certain idea of or feeling about undocumented immigrants something to chant about at a trump rally, it's not changing anything
Jun 23 2019 10:47am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 23 2019 11:45am)
it's enforcement of the crime that matters and does the enforcement make sense

most people have no issue with deporting trouble makers.

it makes much more sense to get established non trouble making immigrants on the books and not disturb communities where they coexist fine and are a part of said communities

these big public ice raids don't really do any good especially when you give them weeks of winter is coming warning

all it does is give people that have a certain idea of or feeling about undocumented immigrants something to chant about at a trump rally, it's not changing anything

Thats moving the goal posts. You lost the argument.
Jun 23 2019 10:50am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 23 2019 09:47am)
Thats moving the goal posts. You lost the argument.

You talking about deportations being popular?

out of sight out of mind for many people when people are faced with things especially non extreme people it changes

but if you think moderates support trump reality show raids and all that comes with it I think you're definitely off on that

even Ice doesn't want him doing all that hyping it just makes it harder for them to catch people anyway
Jun 23 2019 11:07am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 23 2019 11:50am)
You talking about deportations being popular?

out of sight out of mind for many people when people are faced with things especially non extreme people it changes

but if you think moderates support trump reality show raids and all that comes with it I think you're definitely off on that

even Ice doesn't want him doing all that hyping it just makes it harder for them to catch people anyway

We keep changing the subject. The deportations arent unpopular though.

Hes forcing the Democrats to take extreme positions if anything.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 23 2019 11:19am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 23 2019 11:38am)

I understand you are in the realm of concrete operational and this issue is in the realm of abstraction.

*pats head

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 23 2019 11:19am
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 23 2019 11:33am

I got a chuckle out of Trump's description of his advisors

CHUCK TODD:

If you, are you, do you feel like you were being pushed into military action against Iran by any of your advisors?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP:

I have two groups of people. I have doves and I have hawks.

CHUCK TODD:

Yeah, you have some serious hawks.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP:

I have some hawks. Yeah, John Bolton is absolutely a hawk. If it was up to him he'd take on the whole world at one time, okay? But that doesn't matter because I want both sides. You know, some people said, “Why did you put --” You know, I was against going into Iraq for years and years. And before it ever happened I was against going into Iraq. And some people said, "Oh I don't know." I was totally against and I was a private citizen. It never made sense to me. I was against going into the Middle East. Chuck, we've spent $7 trillion in the Middle East right now.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 23 2019 12:15pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 23 Jun 2019 12:38)

commie skinned and furyball beowulf think all immigrants are illegal immigrants :wacko: Fairly loathsome behavior by those two
Jun 23 2019 12:22pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 23 2019 10:33am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBglxa6K8gc

I got a chuckle out of Trump's description of his advisors

the transparency and friendly fire slams that get through without a filter certainly never lack entertainment value

If he gets rid of Bolton in one way or another I have another kudos ready for him
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303330343035303630373169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll