d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1278427852786278727883169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.69
Feb 16 2019 04:56pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 16 2019 03:54pm)
nope. that wasn't it. i guess i'll go read back. hold on racist

that's my secret capn

I have way more in common as a brown liberal from sd with those rednecks and hillbillies and white boys in the midwest that gave Trump a chance than the snowflake starbucks conservatives that flood jsp with excuses for the worst parts of him

and I have very little in common with the people I politically agree with more often

This post was edited by Beowulf on Feb 16 2019 04:59pm
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2019 05:05pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 16 2019 05:56pm)
that's my secret capn

I have way more in common as a brown liberal from sd with those rednecks and hillbillies and white boys in the midwest that gave Trump a chance than the snowflake starbucks conservatives that flood jsp with excuses for the worst parts of him

and I have very little in common with the people I politically agree with more often

Quote (Beowulf @ Jan 11 2019 07:08pm)
Yeah

I want all those rural rednecks high as a kite to be left alone legally as well because of democrat voting

The idea that things like a failed and counter productive drug war and criminal justice reform need to be some sort of exclusively Democratic thing where conservatives can't be rational about the issues for a change is ridiculous

Quote (Beowulf @ Jan 11 2019 07:57pm)
I'm a rural redneck

You were thinking white. I wasn't

if just the "use" of a word is mocking a culture. you are mocking culture.
trump was mocking a person.
Feb 16 2019 05:13pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 16 2019 04:05pm)
if just the "use" of a word is mocking a culture. you are mocking culture.
trump was mocking a person.

My good jerk off hand is covered in duct tape right now to cover up burns I got a few nights ago in a snowstorm while I was getting a lady's car going and one of my dogs was running around and pulled the jumpers so the negative and positive touched and lit my shit up something fierce and rather than go to the doctor I just (as usual) cleaned it with snow and taped her up

Jeff Foxworthy himself couldn't make up more redneck stories than my weekly happenings

"mocking redneck culture" lol

our culture is mocking ourselves son

Don't cry about the scary muslim if you're going to excuse everything your King does
Feb 16 2019 05:16pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 16 2019 06:13pm)
My good jerk off hand is covered in duct tape right now to cover up burns I got a few nights ago in a snowstorm while I was getting a lady's car going and one of my dogs was running around and pulled the jumpers so the negative and positive touched and lit my shit up something fierce and rather than go to the doctor I just (as usual) cleaned it with snow and taped her up

Jeff Foxworthy himself couldn't make up more redneck stories than my weekly happenings

"mocking redneck culture" lol

our culture is mocking ourselves son

Don't cry about the scary muslim if you're going to excuse everything your King does

oh right. it's ok for you and jeff foxworthy to use racist terminology as a joke or description of people. but not trump when he's joking.
you're the one excusing trump by excusing your own actions.

k

edit:
there's actually a difference.
jeff and trump both used these as a joke. you used them descriptively. you used it more derogatorily towards a "race" of people than the other 2.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Feb 16 2019 05:19pm
Feb 16 2019 05:21pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 16 2019 04:16pm)
oh right. it's ok for you and jeff foxworthy to use racist terminology as a joke or description of people. but not trump when he's joking.
you're the one excusing trump by excusing your own actions.

k

lmao

country folk joke about country folk and/or use the words redneck and hillbilly (which people are super proud about in the country)

so it's ok for the President of the United States to mock massacres by the US government he controls

true dat

You conservatives are out yo damn minds on this Trump worship

///

Quote (Beowulf @ Jan 11 2019 05:08pm)
Yeah

I want all those rural rednecks high as a kite to be left alone legally as well because of democrat voting

The idea that things like a failed and counter productive drug war and criminal justice reform need to be some sort of exclusively Democratic thing where conservatives can't be rational about the issues for a change is ridiculous

Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jan 11 2019 05:52pm)
always racist

Quote (Beowulf @ Jan 11 2019 08:43pm)
there is more addiction in poor areas and poor rednecks are more conservative

my only interest on the subject is having less poor people (this includes all people) subjected to unjust punishment through the legal system for personal use of medication or recreational drug use

there is no racism in my view on the subject or views in general.

If I was talking about white boys I'd say white boys just as I have plenty of times in the past without batting an eye

Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jan 11 2019 08:47pm)
i get your point made. i am sorry and apologize for mine.

What kind of sleazy shit is this? I already explained it once and you accepted it and apologized and tried to take it out of context weeks later?

lmao, typical Trumpster

This post was edited by Beowulf on Feb 16 2019 05:47pm
Feb 16 2019 05:51pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 16 2019 06:21pm)
lmao

country folk joke about country folk and/or use the words redneck and hillbilly (which people are super proud about in the country)

so it's ok for the President of the United States to mock massacres by the US government he controls

true dat

You conservatives are out yo damn minds on this Trump worship

yes, a lot of people use the words. redneck and hillbilly specifically are used both positively by some, and negatively by others(CNN).
it's become a rather generalized term for a large group of people. i wonder what other words are similar to this for other races? right my ***ga?

context matters. if you remember the thread i quoted you from, i called you out and apologized for doing so. within the scope of the full topic, i thought you were mostly justified in your use of the phrase "rural redknecks"

so, i am not defending trump's use of the word pocahontas. i agreed that it was a bit racist to use the word in it's context.
but also in context, it was describing a woman "pretending" to be native american. pocahontas is mostly known and used in reference to the very popular disney film. it's the only native american woman's name most people can recognize.

ALSO in context, this was in comparison of Omar. which "you" stated has been misrepresented, and have been unable to state why.

i'll ask again since you probably forgot within 1 page's time.

1. how was omar's tweets misrepresented?
2. what tweet from trump is as openly racist as her whole career?
3. gives the quotes of how trump mocked people at wounded knee.

these are your 3 main points that you are unable to provide any actual info for.
you have answered with 1 pocahontas joke so far. describing a "woman" pretending to be "native american" as an incentive for her to gain votes for "POTUS2020". she also just happens to be guilty of claiming such on government documents for decades as well.
Feb 16 2019 05:54pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 16 2019 04:51pm)
yes, a lot of people use the words. redneck and hillbilly specifically are used both positively by some, and negatively by others(CNN).
it's become a rather generalized term for a large group of people. i wonder what other words are similar to this for other races? right my ***ga?

context matters. if you remember the thread i quoted you from, i called you out and apologized for doing so. within the scope of the full topic, i thought you were mostly justified in your use of the phrase "rural redknecks"

so, i am not defending trump's use of the word pocahontas. i agreed that it was a bit racist to use the word in it's context.
but also in context, it was describing a woman "pretending" to be native american. pocahontas is mostly known and used in reference to the very popular disney film. it's the only native american woman's name most people can recognize.

ALSO in context, this was in comparison of Omar. which "you" stated has been misrepresented, and have been unable to state why.

i'll ask again since you probably forgot within 1 page's time.

1. how was omar's tweets misrepresented?
2. what tweet from trump is as openly racist as her whole career?
3. gives the quotes of how trump mocked people at wounded knee.

these are your 3 main points that you are unable to provide any actual info for.
you have answered with 1 pocahontas joke so far. describing a "woman" pretending to be "native american" as an incentive for her to gain votes for "POTUS2020". she also just happens to be guilty of claiming such on government documents for decades as well.

Negative tweeting about lobbying and lobbyist groups is not antisemitic

for like the 5th time
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 16 2019 05:56pm
https://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/the-failure-of-the-deal/

Jonah nails it. Read the whole article, but this excerpt is great:

But there is a point that I think needs to be made. The reason President Trump finds it necessary to declare a national emergency stems from the fact that he is not the world’s greatest dealmaker.

If President Trump had signed the budget deal last December, he would have gotten more wall funding than he did after forcing a government shutdown. For two years, Republicans controlled Congress, and no wall was built. If you want to blame the congressional GOP for that, be my guest. But then don’t give sole credit to the president for everything Congress did pass.

What I mean is there’s a weird heads-Trump-wins, tails-the-establishment-RINO-cuck-Congress-loses dynamic to how Trump’s defenders talk about his record. If Trump is responsible for getting tax cuts — or anything else — through a GOP-controlled Congress, presumably he’s also responsible for the things he didn’t get through Congress, too. But when he wins, it’s proof of his deal-making prowess. When he loses, it’s because of the Deep State, the weak-kneed establishment, Democratic obstruction, polarization, gridlock, CHUDs, whatever.

All you needed was eyes to see to know that he wasn’t going to score some great deal in that December 11 Oval Office meeting. He preemptively took credit for a shutdown, and he got a shutdown and came out the other end worse off.

The reason I point this out isn’t to gloat or say, “I told you so.” It’s to point out that Trump — and his fans — get into trouble by constantly switching rationales for his presidency. In 2016, there were two central themes to the case for Trump. The first was that he was a fighter, a counter-puncher, a paladin against political correctness and all that. The second was that he was a dealmaker who could cut through the stupid dysfunction in Washington. As he said when he announced he was running: “So I’ve watched the politicians. I’ve dealt with them all my life. If you can’t make a good deal with a politician, then there’s something wrong with you. You’re certainly not very good. And that’s what we have representing us.” Or in a presidential debate in February of 2016:

"No, a good deal maker will make great deals, but we’ll do it the way our founders thought it should be done. People get together, they make deals. Ronald Reagan did it with Tip O’Neil very successfully, you didn’t hear so much about executive orders, if you heard about it at all. You have to be able to get a consensus."

And it’s worth noting that he didn’t say, “This is going to be tough and I’m going to need your help.” He didn’t say “These problems are hard and they’re going to require compromise or sacrifice.” He said it would all be “so easy.”

These two rationales overlapped each other with the promise of endless winning. He’ll fight to make deals, and he’ll make deals to win. And it worked — on the campaign trail. But campaigning and governing are different things, and as time has gone by, the two rationales have coiled around each other like a two-headed snake fighting itself.

By wanting to seem like a fighter, he makes it harder to be a dealmaker, because being a fighter has come to be defined as not giving in, not compromising, and not earning the wrath of Ann Coulter’s Twitter feed.
Gold: 1,551.00
Feb 16 2019 06:03pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2019 04:56pm)
https://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/the-failure-of-the-deal/

Jonah nails it. Read the whole article, but this excerpt is great:

I just went to her twitter feed after you posted this and she posted Patrick Caddell died

RIP
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1278427852786278727883169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll