d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Fire Arrow Sorceress Guide (lvl 18) > Not For The Faint Of Heart
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2014 07:41am
Let me preface this by saying that this build will not likely win any tournaments. If you have a hard time handling death, it's likely that this isn't the build for you. On the other hand if you are the type of person that loves looking for that perfect niche item and are willing to wait around for it, this might be just the new character you've been waiting to try.

Skills:

There is a lot of flexibility here. What I recommend can easily be changed to suit ones personal needs and dueling style.

Fire Tree:

Fire Bolt: 1 (prerequisite for Enchant)
Warmth: 18 max (Synergy for Enchant and Fire Wall)
Fire Ball: 1 (prerequisite for Enchant)
Inferno: 1 (prerequisite for Firewall)
Fire Wall: 1 (Protection Skill)
Enchant: 1 (Main damage skill)

Lightning Tree:

The benefit of Teleport here could be debatable. I would choose to have it, for mobility reasons, over the marginal increase in defense from a cold armor boost. If you get Teleport from orb, then pump cold armor skills.

Charged Bolt: 1 (Teleport prerequisite)
Lightning: 1 (Teleport prerequisite)
Teleport: 1 (Mobility Skill)

Cold Tree:

You could also choose to not skill enchant sacrificing damage for defense. This is generally not a good idea at level 18 though since your damage to life ratio will already be on the low side.

Frozen Armor: 2 (synergy for Shiver Armor)

Items:

Goals: Find a way to hit max life potential while maintaining 20-25 rep life. Max resists at all times. Max damage output from fire damage and additional skills. 5+ magic damage reduction. 70+ faster run walk.

Beginner Circlet: 20frw/fire damage/2os
Godly Circlet: 1fire skills/20frw/fire damage/rep life/life/2mdr/2os

Main Weapon: Ravenclaw socketed with Perfect Ruby or Nef Rune (I prefer the damage from P Ruby)
Beginner Switch Weapon: Orb with enchant/shiver armor
Godly Switch Weapon: Orb with 1fire/3enchant/1-3shiver amor/teleport/2mdr
Cube Swap Throw Weapon: With kb/amp/ed/eth/rep (this makes it possible to have 3 throw swaps and 2 orbs for buffing)

Beginner Shield: Swordback Hold or Pelta Lunata
Godly Shield: Bone shield with 30/20/life/resists/2mdr/2os

Armor 1: Twitchthrow with Pskull or Pruby or stats/fire damage jewel (It takes a perfect jewel to compete with the pskull or pruby)
Armor 2: Stealth (probably not going to compete with twitch for ias reasons, but the mdr/frw more than cancels out the life lost)
Armor 3: Rare breast plate with 35-40life/resists/2mdr/2os (probably not as good as twitch here for same ias reasons)

Boots: Cow Kings (look for 40-41 defense ones)

Gloves 1: Deaths combo (30ias+ cannot be frozen make these the best option here)
Gloves 2: Bloodfists (10ias + life/fhr make these worth trying out, but attack speed may be an issue along with any cold damage dealing opponent)

Belt 1: Deaths
Belt 2: Rare 35-40life/5rep/resists

Beginner Amulet: Angelic Wings
Godly Amulet: 1fire/10rep/30+life/resists/2mdr

Beginner rings: Angelics
Godly Rings: 10fcr/100+ar/5rep/20+fr/20+lr/2mdr

Beginner Charms: 4x 5frw large charms + 32x 15life small charms
Godly Charms: 3x 5frw/38ar large charms + 1x 5frw/3-5cold damage large charm + 32x 15life/1-3 fire damage charms (substitute 15life/7single resists charms as needed to maintain max resists in fire/light)

Dueling:

This character needs to keep its opponents at arms length to maintain proper attack position. Getting caught with you bow out against a melee character will = instadeath. Keep Firewall and blaze up whenever possible to discourage people from getting to close. Try to predict the path of your opponent and fire arrows accordingly. Be sure to drop a few bundles of arrows in the playing field in case you get low.

Your success will come with firing as many arrows as accurately as you can as quickly as you can. An opponent with high fire resists will be very difficult to compete with, along with the well known dominating builds. You can expect with Godly* gear this character will have a punchers chance vs other legitimate middle tier builds.

Please feel free to post if you have any suggestions or comments on how to improve the build. The more discussion we have the more knowledge can be shared. Cheers

This post was edited by mikeyjd on Jul 20 2014 08:04am
Gold: 70,000.00
Jul 20 2014 07:47am
Nice guide

What are your thoughts on sacrificing 3 slots for a war jav/balanced knife in your inventory, that way you can throw vs melees when you have your shield out instead of an orb that can't do much of anything?
Jul 20 2014 07:51am
Quote (Jerm @ 20 Jul 2014 05:47)
Nice guide

What are your thoughts on sacrificing 3 slots for a war jav/balanced knife in your inventory, that way you can throw vs melees when you have your shield out instead of an orb that can't do much of anything?

At that point I'd put a cube in there and have 3 throwing weapons and 2 buff orbs for max chant/shiver. This would would give you a source for knockback and amp along with making it easier to proc open wounds vs high life characters as well, if using Swordback. Added.

This post was edited by mikeyjd on Jul 20 2014 07:59am
Jul 20 2014 08:00am
Quote (mikeyjd @ Jul 20 2014 07:51am)
At that point I'd put a cube in there and have 3 throwing weapons and 2 buff orbs for max chant/shiver. This would would give you a source for knockback and amp along with making it easier to proc open wounds vs high life characters as well, if using Swordback. Added.

If its worth doing, its worth over doing ;)
Jul 20 2014 08:01am
Quote (Jerm @ 20 Jul 2014 06:00)
If its worth doing, its worth over doing  ;)

Haha. Too true. And with a build like this over doing it means just good enough to compete :D

This post was edited by mikeyjd on Jul 20 2014 08:18am
Gold: 565.30
Jul 20 2014 08:24am
I've had this char together a few times.. I liked it with a firewall orb switch you don't really lose much to make it part of the char. Char used a 1/20/10/ fiery mod circ.
nice guide mang

/would've seen that you included more on firewall if I read thru the whole thing first xD.
I did find that the char overall had less fire dmg per arrow than a ranger normally does but il was still a fun char to play.

This post was edited by SackShadow on Jul 20 2014 08:33am
Jul 20 2014 08:55am
Quote (SackShadow @ 20 Jul 2014 06:24)
I've had this char together a few times.. I liked it with a firewall orb switch you don't really lose much to make it part of the char. Char used a 1/20/10/ fiery mod circ.
nice guide mang

/would've seen that you included more on firewall if I read thru the whole thing first xD.
I did find that the char overall had less fire dmg per arrow than a ranger normally does but il was still a fun char to play.

Yes of course. I think firewall/blaze is a very important part of this build. It is crucial for keep close range opponents off you and adding to your overall damage potential. That being said, there are many duels where it offers little more than a a visual distraction, so adjust accordingly. I think maxing out the damage potential in every way on the arrows is critical to have a chance in most duels.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 20 2014 10:04am
You didn't even mention the number one reason to even build an exploding arrow char (sorc or pally) in the first place, which is strength glitching to make your arrows invisible
Otherwise you're just a strictly worse fireball sorc. But with your raven claw being strength or dex glitched to be invisible to other players, your exploding arrows are completely invisible and enemies will see you 'farcasting' and be unable to dodge your projectiles effectively

The sorc and pally builds are actually pretty similar. The sorcs get teleport, the pallies get charge. The sorcs get blaze, firewall, and extra attack rating from enchant. At the level 18 bracket, the sorcs get 54-80 enchant damage, but can prebuff enchant and don't need to wear the +skill items. The paladins at 18 get 255-299 damage from holy fire. Its closer for the 30 bracket builds. I don't think either build has any chance whatsoever at level 18 but the pallys are quite a bit better, but both are marginally viable at level 30 where they can do more meaningful damage.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jul 20 2014 10:05am
Jul 20 2014 10:11am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 20 2014 10:04am)
You didn't even mention the number one reason to even build an exploding arrow char (sorc or pally) in the first place, which is strength glitching to make your arrows invisible
Otherwise you're just a strictly worse fireball sorc. But with your raven claw being strength or dex glitched to be invisible to other players, your exploding arrows are completely invisible and enemies will see you 'farcasting' and be unable to dodge your projectiles effectively

The sorc and pally builds are actually pretty similar. The sorcs get teleport, the pallies get charge. The sorcs get blaze, firewall, and extra attack rating from enchant. At the level 18 bracket, the sorcs get 54-80 enchant damage, but can prebuff enchant and don't need to wear the +skill items. The paladins at 18 get 255-299 damage from holy fire. Its closer for the 30 bracket builds. I don't think either build has any chance whatsoever at level 18 but the pallys are quite a bit better, but both are marginally viable at level 30 where they can do more meaningful damage.

Paladins base stats allow him to use rclaw, sorc can still do it though.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 20 2014 10:21am
Great Guide Mikey!!

and very easy on the pocket book as well if you go the budget route, I've had and played a couple different rangers, now this looks fun to try!

strenght glitching sounds like a fun plan as well.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic