d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Gears of War Series > Man..
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 542.20
Jun 10 2014 12:15pm
it just seems like the gow series is going down the drain.

sure gow 2 was decent, tried to do some cool things..

gow 3 they tried to expand on what they did in 2, but the strength of such weapons as the hammerburst and retro lancer? its kind of a joke. those weapons are so overpowered and really killed the original style of the gears series online.( which lets be honest, was all about the sniper and shotgun battles.) now people just rush key strongholds of the map, retro or hammer u down, and camp there with those weapons waiting for you to spawn and try and move around ( this is of course on tdm, im sure its a little different in exe or w/e but still the weapons are cheap) They kinda brought back the blindfire style of gears 1, which was ruined in 2, but now the shotgun battles are a lot more random and just not as fun, imo.

another point I thought I would make, is that they changed the game format from 4v4 to 5v5. I think this is another problem. it just seems like whenever ur trying to battle someone with the shotgun, there is someone camping with a rifle waiting to just shoot you from across the map, I think the game would benefit from going back to 4v4.

This is based on my experience with gears 3, I haven't played the newest (judgement) and I only really play tdm online so it could be based off of that.

Bottom line they changed the style of the game to where u couldn't run around much and try to battle people with the shotgun. People who camp or sit back and try to hammerburst or retro are the ones who have most success. IF lancer was the only weapon allowed to start with in ranked mode, and retro and hammerburst were weapons on the map, (similar to gears 1) I think that would also benefit the game.

just the other day I put the original gears of war in my xbox, and had a enjoyable experience playing online. I honestly think I will just continue to play gears 1 until I get Xbox One and a new gears is released. Hopefully they can balance the game better and revitalize the franchize, because I just do not enjoy gears 3 as much as I did gears 1... Maybe because I am just getting older or something... but its just not the same fun );
Gold: 624.51
Aug 20 2014 03:11pm
I know right. Gears one was unreal..
I hope they can revive the series with gears of war 4, but its an entirely new team of developers
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 4 2014 05:09am
Just need friends to play with
Go Back To Gears of War Series Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll