d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > United Guilds Melee Ladder Bets > U. S. East Non-ladder | Forum Gold Only
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 43,841.33
Feb 6 2014 04:48am
United Guilds Melee Ladder Bets
U.S. East Non-Ladder

United Guilds Council Members (Guild Leaders) and Guild Representatives

Emperor_Brennon of the Palapk Nation

United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Guidelines:
    1. All ranks have a forum gold value with a minimum of 25.00 (Lowest Rank) and increase in increments of 25.00 for each new player that joins the ladder.
    2. For example, with four players added, Rank #4, the lowest rank, will continue to have a value of 25.00 forum gold, but Rank #3 would now be valued at 50.00, Rank #2 75.00 and Rank #1 100.00.
    3. At the start of the ladder, the top-three ranks have the following forum gold values: Ranked 1st 75.00, Ranked 2nd 50.00 and Ranked 3rd 25.00.
    4. To make a challenge, you must, at minimum, bet the player and value of the rank you are challenging (You may bet higher as long as both players agree).
    5. The losing player of a UGMLB match must send forum gold to the winning player equal to the rank value that was challenged, not the challenger's rank value!
    6. You cannot challenge and bet a rank that is below your own rank. All challenges must go up the ladder.
    7. If you find that you do not have sufficient forum gold funds to cover the defense of your rank by challengers or challenges that you can make, you are requested to drop-out from the ladder and rejoin when you have sufficient funds once again.
    8. The United Guilds Council Members and Guild Representatives have the authority to discuss, debate and vote on new melee policy, guidelines and rules concerning United Guilds Melee Ladder Bets.
United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules:
    1. To join the ladder, post your d2jsp name, Diablo II account, melee player name and melee class.
    2. You are allowed to challenge up to two ranks above you until you reach rank #3, then you must challenge ranks 3, 2 and 1 one-at-a-time.
    3. You must PM the other player about the challenge first and then post the challenge in this topic.
    4. GM melee rules strictly apply to all duels because this is a melee betting ladder.
    5. Challenges will be the best two-out-of-three sets, first to six wins and must win by two duels.
    6. Because this is a betting ladder, you may change gear before each duel to attempt to be at your best at all times.
    7. If you issued the challenge, you must wait 12 hours after completing the challenge before issuing another challenge.
    8. If you lose a challenge, you must wait 48 hours to challenge that same player.
    9. Two-day Dodge Rule: AFK, no-reply, no-show = Auto-loss. Two consecutive dodges = Removal from the ladder.
    10. If you cannot complete your challenge on time, it is your responsibility to PM your challenger and inform them. Then post in this thread asking for an extension. If you fail to do this, the dodge rule will be enforced to keep the ladder moving. * symbol for a single dodge applied.
    11. An extension lasts for 48 hours (Two days).
    12. If you cancel your match, you must wait 12 hours before you can challenge another player.

Present Melee Ladder Bet Rankings

Ranked 1st (Valued at 75.00 Forum Gold) d2jsp/Diablo II Account/Melee Player Name/Melee Class — Guild Allegiance

Ranked 2nd (Valued at 50.00 Forum Gold) d2jsp/Diablo II Account/Melee Player Name/Melee Class — Guild Allegiance

Ranked 3rd (Valued at 25.00 Forum Gold) d2jsp/Diablo II Account/Melee Player Name/Melee Class — Guild Allegiance

Present and Pending Duels

Top-Three Record-Setting Melee Ladder Bets

X,XXX.XX Won by First Name/d2jsp/Melee Character — Guild Allegiance vs. First Name/d2jsp/Melee Character — Guild Allegiance

X,XXX.XX Won by First Name/d2jsp/Melee Character — Guild Allegiance vs. First Name/d2jsp/Melee Character — Guild Allegiance

Additional United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules:
    1. No exiles are allowed to be used against non-Zeal players, such as Concentrate-Barbarians, Fury-Druids and Jab-Amazons.
    2. No running.
    3. You must say go at the same time and the go must still be up when contact is made.
    4. If you miss-click, the duel must still continue.

Common United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules:
    Bad Manner (Code BM):

BM1. Do not commit acts of bad manner.
    BM2. Do not angle (Both must be parallel to town).
    BM3. Do not buff.
    BM4. Do not pre-cast.
    BM5. Do not use poison.
    BM6. Do not use slow.
    BM7. Do not enchant.
    BM8. Do not smite.
    BM9. Do not charge.
    BM10. Do not jump.
    BM11. Do not pot.
    BM12. Do not run.
    BM13. Do not use whirlwind.
    BM14. Do not knock-back.
    BM15. Do not use items that emit auras which affect player versus player (PvP) and cause physical and/or elemental damage.
    BM16. Do not emit the holy freeze aura.
    BM17. Do not change gear more than once before dueling in any event (Changing gear is allowed before every duel).

List of BM Items:
    Runeword Weapons:
    Grief
    Doom
    Eternity
    Death

Unique Weapons:
    Cranebeak (War Spike)
    Hell Slayer (Decapitator)
    Messerschmidt's Reaver (Champion Axe)
    Fleshripper (Fanged Knifte)
    Nord's Tenderizer (Truncheon)
    Demon Limb (Tyrant Club)
    Baranar's Star (Devil Star)
    Horizon's Tornado (Scourge)
    Stormlash (Scourge)
    Schaefer's Hammer (Legendary Mallet)
    Windhammer (Ogre Maul)
    Astreon's Iron Ward (Caduceus)
    Djinn Slayer (Ataghan)
    Lightsabre (Phase Blade)
    Azurewrath (Phase Blade)
    Frostwind (Cryptic Sword)
    Flamebellow (Balrog Blade)

Rare/Magic Weapons:
    Any weapon with poison damage (Vouch civic for this rule)
    Any weapon with more than 200 total elemental damage
    Any weapon that casts an elemental skill over level 5
    Any weapon that casts amplify curses (Same with any armor)
    Any poison on gear

Armor:
    Nosferatu's Coil (Vampirefang Belt)
    Arachnid Mesh (Spiderweb Sash)
    Cleglaw's Pincers (Set gloves)
    Andariel's Visage (Demonhead)
    Blackhorn's Face (Death Mask)
    Giant Skull (Bone Visage)
    Ethereal Fort
    Ethereal Stone
    Any armor that casts slow or an elemental skill over level 5
    Any ethereal armor with no self-repair mod or Zod rune (Breakable armor)

Special Mention:
    Starting Duel: Both players must have "go" over their head at same time when action begins. If one "go" drops first, wait for them to put it up again.

Miss-Clicking: Do not stop dueling. No re-dos.

Glitched Strength: Auto-Disqualification and a loss of a single duel will result if you are killed and cannot pick up your gear.

Chilling Armor: Must not be on prior to a duel. The Referee will kill off the surviving player with chilling armor.

Holy Shield: Do not cast holy shield prior to making a gear change. If holy shield is casted, the Referee will kill off the player and then have the player re-cast holy shield.

Running Before/During Duel: A point will be awarded to the opponent.

Draws: If both players are killed during a duel (Very rare), the player whom made the first-kill will be awarded the winning point.

Exile/Tap Armor: Zeal vs. Zeal only (You may choose not to use tap yourself, but you cannot force an opponent not to use tap).

Anything not shown here is subject to a Referee's decision and is final.

Final Notes:

The Additional United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules, Common United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules, List of BM Items and Special Mention are only to be posted on this first new topic page and is not meant to be carried over with the rest of the ladder statistics to new and additional pages.

I cite SirSteve1 as the source and author of the Common United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Rules, List of BM Items and Special Mention sections of this topic.

I call upon the Leaders of the Melee Guilds and their Representatives to invite them to be added to the United Guilds Melee Ladder Betting Council for assistance with discussions, debates and votes on UGMLB policy and melee policy. This is not a one-person job.

Lastly, I hope that the Melee Community finds new life in a new idea such as this ladder and that it joins the greatness that the original United Guilds Melee Ladder and Single Elimination Team Bets have attained.

—Emperor_Brennon

This post was edited by Emperor_Brennon on Feb 6 2014 04:56am
Feb 6 2014 07:26am
Quote (hengster @ 6 Feb 2014 08:01)
Steve (SirSteve1) did not make the list of rules, bm items and special mention. I did, based on information i gathered from Brad (dark-soul), which he based on other people before him.

reference: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=32275568&f=147

I think it's important to get this information correct: So I apologize to Adam, Brad and anyone else who was involved in developing the list of rules, BM items and special mention. I based all of the information on the present UGML topic created by SirSteve1. I did make slight changes to some of the rules, though.

I do give credit where credit is due.

This post was edited by Emperor_Brennon on Feb 6 2014 07:28am
Gold: 36,894.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 6 2014 09:35pm
I would love to be a part of this Bren.
Feb 6 2014 10:31pm
Quote (Jubeii52 @ 6 Feb 2014 22:35)
I would love to be a part of this Bren.

Cool. I'll start creating a sign-up list and post it when more players join the ladder.
Gold: 3,158.38
Feb 10 2014 05:19pm
Im going to have to get some nerd coins to do this Oo
Feb 11 2014 01:36am
An interesting point about this ladder is that you can choose your battles (Above you, that is). A player with average gear can still make forum gold by choosing their battles and by defending their rank value. Although the point of any ladder is to climb up, if a player believes they may not be ready to challenge a higher-ranked player, they don't have to make a challenge.

For the die-hards like myself and others, it's gonna be amazing to fight for #1 and the fight to keep it.

So it's possible for everyone to make forum gold if they have a strategic mind.

I haven't really ramped-up advertising this ladder yet, but I'll start doing it later today.

This post was edited by Emperor_Brennon on Feb 11 2014 01:38am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 16 2014 11:29pm
Im in. Show me where to sign up.

Question: I have a current zeal (lvl 96) named MILITIA, my 99 will be done withen the week I assume. (Batman). New account, New char same driver. If I started on the ladder w/ lvl 96, would I have to reset when new zeal is finish w/lvl job? i.e start over or still hold rank.
Gold: 185,594.56
Feb 16 2014 11:34pm
B)
Feb 16 2014 11:57pm
Quote (Mr_Bruce_Wayne @ 17 Feb 2014 00:29)
Im in. Show me where to sign up.

Question: I have a current zeal (lvl 96) named MILITIA, my 99 will be done withen the week I assume. (Batman). New account, New char same driver. If I started on the ladder w/ lvl 96, would I have to reset when new zeal is finish w/lvl job? i.e start over or still hold rank.

According to the original UGML rules (Jessica - Neko) you would be reset to the bottom with a new character. But that really shouldn't be a problem as new as this ladder is.
Gold: 218.60
Mar 6 2014 09:43am
i will join this ladder , just let me know
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Add Reply New Topic