d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Do You Even Craft Beer ?
Prev1789101172Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 233.00
Mar 4 2014 03:45pm
Quote (tturaiders @ Mar 4 2014 01:03pm)
If you have access to Southern Tier and want a sweet stout, almost dessert-like, give their Creme Brulee a shot.  It's really sweet but for an after dinner beer, it works really nicely. 
Since you really enjoy dark beers, what is your go to during the warmer months?  Do you have a good stout/porter for warm weather or do you switch it up?

I am going to crack a barrel-aged Hibernation tonight (4 years old).  I had a 2 year vintage earlier this year so I'll see how this one compares.

i will try them out, i'm sure theres somewhere nearby that has southern tier.

well, the "cold" is all done ( southern california didnt have a winter this year ) so i'll be going with firestone walker - smoked porter, and lost abby - judgement day as a go-to ( basically i try to stay away from the dark fruit chocolate heavy stouts during summer ). to be honest though, in the summer i do allot of BBQ'ing with friends so i find myself drinking the cheaper stuff during those times like guinness, and wheat ales ( in fact during summer i really enjoy wheat ales ).

i think AleSmith - Speedway stout is my alltime favorite though.
Gold: 3,158.00
Mar 4 2014 05:54pm
founders breakfast stout is one of my favorites, other than Kuhnhenn imperial creme brule java stout, or black bottom double oatmeal stout by black lotus brewing.
Mar 4 2014 05:57pm
Quote (Awrf @ Mar 4 2014 03:54pm)
founders breakfast stout is one of my favorites, other than Kuhnhenn imperial creme brule java stout, or black bottom double oatmeal stout by black lotus brewing.

stop it, making me thirsty :drool:
Mar 5 2014 01:03am
Quote (Bankai @ Mar 4 2014 06:57pm)
stop it, making me thirsty :drool:

lol I just came back from Kuhnhenns, I had a belgian IPA Aldebaran, that was awesome, and I also had 2 oatmeal stouts. I cant get enough of that place...

This st pattys day, they have their "breakfast of champions" beers. I went last year and from what i remember, they had cocoa puffs stout, lucky charms ale, kap'n krunchberry ale, cookie crisp dunkel, apple jacks ale, lucky charm lager, blueberry pancake ale, and cinnamon toast crunch. Those beers were spot on! So excited
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Mar 5 2014 09:04am
There is a place called mellow mushroom, they have a lot of crafted beer on draft and sell great pizza. They have a beer club and so far I tried 72 different crafted beers.
Mar 5 2014 12:12pm
Quote (ATCQ @ Mar 5 2014 10:04am)
There is a place called mellow mushroom, they have a lot of crafted beer on draft and sell great pizza. They have a beer club and so far I tried 72 different crafted beers.

nice, what were your favorites?
Gold: 1,952.49
Mar 5 2014 04:20pm
Quote (Bankai @ Mar 4 2014 03:45pm)
i think AleSmith - Speedway stout is my alltime favorite though.

A damn fine beer, in my book. I've had the barrel-aged version a few years back and really enjoyed it. I wish they distributed here.
Quote (Awrf @ Mar 4 2014 05:54pm)

How was their creme brulee? Was it really sweet and heavy on vanilla or did it have quite a bit of that roasted malt profile? I've only had one other of that "style" and really enjoyed it. Never had anything from them, though. Sounds interesting.
Mar 5 2014 04:46pm
Quote (tturaiders @ Mar 5 2014 02:20pm)
A damn fine beer, in my book.  I've had the barrel-aged version a few years back and really enjoyed it.  I wish they distributed here.

How was their creme brulee?  Was it really sweet and heavy on vanilla or did it have quite a bit of that roasted malt profile?  I've only had one other of that "style" and really enjoyed it.  Never had anything from them, though.  Sounds interesting.

i keep meaning to grab the Vietnamese version, it's sitting right next to the regular version sometimes at BevMo. have you tried it?

i think i may go grab some chocolate/oatmeal stouts this weekend before it gets too hot. haven't tried Rogue yet, might do that. the last choc stout i had was in this short purple like labeled bottle, can't remember the name. it was awful, so boosy and overly bitter.
Gold: 12,839.39
Mar 5 2014 05:33pm
Friend scored me some three floyds zombie dust. will be my first time trying - have heard some good things about it and am a fan of three floyds gumballhead.

/e also citra hops :drool:

This post was edited by cialda on Mar 5 2014 05:34pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2014 11:09pm
Quote (tturaiders @ Mar 5 2014 05:20pm)
A damn fine beer, in my book.  I've had the barrel-aged version a few years back and really enjoyed it.  I wish they distributed here.

How was their creme brulee?  Was it really sweet and heavy on vanilla or did it have quite a bit of that roasted malt profile?  I've only had one other of that "style" and really enjoyed it.  Never had anything from them, though.  Sounds interesting.

I had the Crème Brulee about a month ago, when my local store first got it in stock. It was good, but not as good as it was hyped to me by my friend who works at said store. Fairly heavy on the vanilla.
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Prev1789101172Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll