d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Op Nerdz > Baals Etc.
Prev1677678679680681690Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29,359.00
Jun 21 2023 05:13pm
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jun 20 2023 12:58pm)
The campaign was fun.
The story was mediocre but it is propped up by a few good characters and voice actors whilst others drag it down considerably.

The itemization is boring at best, and just bad at worst.
Resistances, for example, are broken and basically useless and the developers have confirmed that they are not working correctly.
The gameplay is often fun, but one thing to keep in mind is that some classes (necro) have very bad movement and it is very hard to keep up with the group.
Combat is fun and satisfying for the most part, but in the higher world tiers, the difficulty is created with absolutely OBNOXIOUS mechanics which are different forms of crowd control that prevent you from being able to do anything at all.
Upgrading items can make them worse.

Overall it's about a 6/10 if I'm being generous. I would wait for a sale if anything.

Maybe more like a 5/10 actually, I think I'm done with the game now, it's just boring. We've regressed significantly from 2001.
Jun 22 2023 10:42pm
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jun 21 2023 06:13pm)
Maybe more like a 5/10 actually, I think I'm done with the game now, it's just boring. We've regressed significantly from 2001.

thought about it some more, i'll give it a 4/10.
Gold: 17,091.00
Jun 23 2023 05:34am
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jun 23 2023 12:42am)
thought about it some more, i'll give it a 4/10.

That's about what I was thinking
Jun 23 2023 12:22pm
Quote (kyl @ Jun 23 2023 06:34am)
That's about what I was thinking

maybe like a 4.5/10. could easily be improved to a 7/10 with some QoL changes and bug fixes along with some rebalancing and some new types of stats on gear, maybe even 8/10.

as it stands right now, the itemization just feels like every other unoriginal and boring arpg.
I actually think The Division 2 does this sort of itemization a lot better, though it's a bit more simplistic.
However, it's much more compelling to work towards playing more challenging but also more rewarding end game content.
It's a looter-shooter game with a pretty similar sort of gear/item setup but totally different gameplay obviously because it's a third person shooter with a cover system.
That being said, the RPG elements and party-buff possibilities in the game are much more interesting than D4 currently is, and the QoL is better with things like loadouts being in the game.
Jun 23 2023 12:55pm
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jun 23 2023 01:22pm)
maybe like a 4.5/10. could easily be improved to a 7/10 with some QoL changes and bug fixes along with some rebalancing and some new types of stats on gear, maybe even 8/10.

as it stands right now, the itemization just feels like every other unoriginal and boring arpg.
I actually think The Division 2 does this sort of itemization a lot better, though it's a bit more simplistic.
However, it's much more compelling to work towards playing more challenging but also more rewarding end game content.
It's a looter-shooter game with a pretty similar sort of gear/item setup but totally different gameplay obviously because it's a third person shooter with a cover system.
That being said, the RPG elements and party-buff possibilities in the game are much more interesting than D4 currently is, and the QoL is better with things like loadouts being in the game.

I think this is all made basically irrelevant by my absolute biggest gripe with EVERY SINGLE ARPG that is not Diablo 1 or Diablo 2:

everything just penetrates through everything and you can't have any sort of tanking frontline.

this is exacerbated by not being able to have almost any party buffs at all, no bo, no shout, no auras, nothing.

it sucks and it's just lazy and stupid. we shouldn't be continuously removing features from games and making them less and less interesting and removing more and more possibilities for creativity.

the elder scrolls series suffers from similar problems, although i know it's a completely different game and it's single player, they just keep dumbing these games down to appeal to a wider audience and removing feature after feature.

another thing: I can't spec into raise skeleton or skeleton mastery for my summons. i can't get revives. i can't spec into summon resist. i can't buff my skeletons with auras or warcries.

i can't have a mercenary. i can't help my teammates in any way other than by doing damage and sometimes pulling aggro, and applying very mediocre curses that are nowhere near as effective as d2 curses.

I really don't understand why every ARPG has to be a D3 clone now. D3 WAS ABSOLUTELY DESPISED. WHY ARE WE STILL TRYING TO EMULATE IT? IT SUCKS!

This post was edited by TatersaladAF on Jun 23 2023 01:04pm
Gold: 17,091.00
Jun 23 2023 03:37pm
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jun 23 2023 02:22pm)

yeah i agree. i dont think blizz has the talent to pull it off though
Gold: 11,000.50
Jun 23 2023 06:52pm
Quote (kyl @ Jun 23 2023 05:37pm)
yeah i agree. i dont think blizz has the talent to pull it off though

Chill. It's their first big release.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 24 2023 02:53am
A few friends said it’s dog shit about the initial play through and getting level 100

RIP
Gold: 1,444.13
Jun 24 2023 03:57am
One epic cutscene and a mediocre storyline that kinda copies d2 storyline
gameplay is smashing 3-5 cooldowns and walking around
zero QoL built into the game (gonna be sold as add-ons in the future?)
Party play is better than in PoE but at the same time still shit. The best way to play in a party is to split up... yeah thats why we want to party right? Xp is shared zone wide and even key loot is put in your stash after you leave the zone if it dropped in an area away from you.. again reinforcing not even playing with your party members.
Gearing feels like playing solo self found, with zero crafting and a lot of RNG. Trade system is nearly non-existent.

Game overall looks good - the way zones work is not great IMO, would much prefer instances like PoE has, and as you transition across zones the servers take time to catch up so it gets choppy and laggy, its really bad when on your mount. some classes even walk faster than the mount.
I'd put it right about 4/10 as well.

This post was edited by Caulder10 on Jun 24 2023 03:59am
Jun 24 2023 02:42pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Jun 24 2023 04:57am)
One epic cutscene and a mediocre storyline that kinda copies d2 storyline
gameplay is smashing 3-5 cooldowns and walking around
zero QoL built into the game (gonna be sold as add-ons in the future?)
Party play is better than in PoE but at the same time still shit. The best way to play in a party is to split up... yeah thats why we want to party right? Xp is shared zone wide and even key loot is put in your stash after you leave the zone if it dropped in an area away from you.. again reinforcing not even playing with your party members.
Gearing feels like playing solo self found, with zero crafting and a lot of RNG. Trade system is nearly non-existent.

Game overall looks good - the way zones work is not great IMO, would much prefer instances like PoE has, and as you transition across zones the servers take time to catch up so it gets choppy and laggy, its really bad when on your mount. some classes even walk faster than the mount.
I'd put it right about 4/10 as well.

Yeah, Caulder is 100% correct about this. Trading may as well not even exist.

Incentive to play in a party is barely there at all. Gearing sucks, and the gear itself is boring and sucks.

QoL sucks. Everything about the game is tedious and annoying to deal with.

I think 4/10 may be too good of a rating.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1677678679680681690Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll