d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Op Nerdz > Baals Etc.
Prev1446447448449450690Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,565.00
Jun 28 2018 01:49am
Quote (bjones9 @ Jun 27 2018 10:36pm)
Glad you’re doing better dude.

I’ve been struggling mentally for the last 2 months or so. I’ve been going hard for probably 8 months spending $500-1000 every weekend on “partying”. That coupled with mortgages and other life bills is starting to stress me out big time. On my days off I’ll often just sleep or lay in bed for 10-16 hours which just isn’t the person I am..or used to be.

come play some d2 my dude
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 28 2018 08:20am
Quote (mrpoey @ Jun 28 2018 05:49pm)
come play some d2 my dude

Thought about it but I’m super undecided. It’s so hard to play with anyone I like due to time zones

Quote (Phrosty @ Jun 28 2018 01:40pm)
Hey man! We all have our crutches! It's just how we over come them that makes our light shine brighter on the other side! You are a good dude! Always was! I hope the best for you bud! And if you are playing some d2 give me a shout *Phrosty is the account. I play escl. I don't do any baals or anything at the moment cause I cant justify buying massively overpriced botted items.

Thanks man, means a lot ❤️

I went and spoke to my parents today and am going to see a doctor next Friday to talk about possibly getting on anti depressants. I’m also going to get him to refer me to an addiction councillor. Hopefully these are both moves in the right direction
Gold: 1,000.27
Jun 29 2018 05:14pm
Quote (bjones9 @ Jun 29 2018 02:20am)
Thought about it but I’m super undecided. It’s so hard to play with anyone I like due to time zones

Thanks man, means a lot ❤️

I went and spoke to my parents today and am going to see a doctor next Friday to talk about possibly getting on anti depressants. I’m also going to get him to refer me to an addiction councillor. Hopefully these are both moves in the right direction

When I was at my worst with alcohol the first place I went to was my parents and spoke to them - they knew i'd been having troubles for a while, and warned me about it but were never harsh.
When I finally admitted I had a problem they were happy to help - it just takes someone to listen and let you know it's okay.

I still drink now, I just have restrictions in place on myself to make sure I don't cross that line, it's not easy but something you have to do.
I'd say I'm a true addict, and there will always be something holding me down somewhere, you just have to check yourself constantly and have that self awareness.
Not sure if my advice is best for you, but just sharing my experiences.
Jun 29 2018 08:32pm
Quote (SharpSticks @ Jun 30 2018 09:14am)
When I was at my worst with alcohol the first place I went to was my parents and spoke to them - they knew i'd been having troubles for a while, and warned me about it but were never harsh.
When I finally admitted I had a problem they were happy to help - it just takes someone to listen and let you know it's okay.

I still drink now, I just have restrictions in place on myself to make sure I don't cross that line, it's not easy but something you have to do.
I'd say I'm a true addict, and there will always be something holding me down somewhere, you just have to check yourself constantly and have that self awareness.

Thanks man, I like to hear these things and I do remember you drinking a lot back in the day. Glad you can control yourself.

I’m so fortunate to have my friends and family who will help me. I honestly don’t know if I’m addicted to the drugs or just the “scene”. It’s not like I crave doing anything during the week, but as soon as I have a few beers I’ll be the first to start a bender and not sleep or eat for 40+ hours.

I do enjoy it, and I would love to get to the stage where can control doing it at say...a festival or a big birthday or something...by not every, single, weekend...
Jul 1 2018 08:07am
This is the first entire weekend I haven’t touched drugs in about 6-7 months

I’m so proud of myself and love you guys so much
Gold: 1,444.13
Jul 1 2018 08:18am
Quote (bjones9 @ Jul 1 2018 10:07am)
This is the first entire weekend I haven’t touched drugs in about 6-7 months

I’m so proud of myself and love you guys so much

yay!

Happy Canada Day!

/e P.S.

Today Vermont becomes the first state to legalize marijuana via the legislative process.

This post was edited by Caulder10 on Jul 1 2018 08:20am
Gold: 29,359.00
Jul 1 2018 11:49am
Quote (bjones9 @ Jun 26 2018 11:38pm)
Are all these meds for depression? After chronic drug use for the last 5-7 years I think I’m finally starting to crack and be constantly sad for the first time

Depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and borderline personality disorder. I'd be the first to preach responsible use to you. It's okay to use drugs but not to abuse them. Just do everything in moderation man. Fuck all that partying shit. Smoke a bowl on the weekend and that's just fine but don't go crazy with it. There's nothing wrong with using drugs but there is something wrong with developing drug dependency.
Gold: 29,359.00
Jul 1 2018 11:54am
Quote (SharpSticks @ Jun 29 2018 05:14pm)

You are representative of exactly what I advocate for - responsible use. It's okay to use substances as long as you do it in moderation and responsibly. Glad to hear you've been able to overcome your addiction man, proud of you. I know it's not easy. I just recently stopped smoking weed after 10 years of chronic, daily use. I know people will say that weed isn't nearly as harmful or whatever, but it was a big deal for me. Psychological addiction is just as powerful as physical addiction in my opinion.
Jul 1 2018 10:03pm
Quote (TatersaladAF @ Jul 2 2018 03:49am)
Depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and borderline personality disorder. I'd be the first to preach responsible use to you. It's okay to use drugs but not to abuse them. Just do everything in moderation man. Fuck all that partying shit. Smoke a bowl on the weekend and that's just fine but don't go crazy with it. There's nothing wrong with using drugs but there is something wrong with developing drug dependency.

Sounds heavy man. I really hope you are ok.

Even today after now having done anything for like 8 days I feel so good. My body just needed a good refresh. The quantity of drugs I was taking and the frequency was just insane when I think about it.

I won’t say I’m never going to touch them again, but I need to have a break.

Gold: 1,444.13
Jul 4 2018 03:37pm
won Salt & Sanctuary from the Steam summer sale.
Pretty psyched about that.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1446447448449450690Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll