d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > "one Swing" For All Clubs??
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 105.69
Aug 18 2013 07:52pm
A scratch golfer that I occasionally play with stresses that he does the same thing from using a wedge to the driver off the tee. I try to use the same swing but I tend to snap hook my drives. I know the arc created from the driver is longer than irons but how does one have the same swing for all clubs?

I have a deep inside takeaway and my normaly flight is a draw.

Can anyone emphasize the "one swing" concept?

Gold: 0.27
Aug 18 2013 10:24pm
There's pros and cons to it. The biggest pro is it helps you stay consistent. The con, its tough to do lol.

Also, it can limit you drastically because if you only know how to hit your wedges with a full swing, you won't be able to do half swings, punches, flops, etc as efficiently.

Quick too long don't want to type an essay reply.
Gold: 105.69
Aug 19 2013 09:05am
Quote (Randolph @ Aug 18 2013 11:24pm)
There's pros and cons to it. The biggest pro is it helps you stay consistent. The con, its tough to do lol.

Also, it can limit you drastically because if you only know how to hit your wedges with a full swing, you won't be able to do half swings, punches, flops, etc as efficiently.

Quick too long don't want to type an essay reply.

Thanks for your insight. Consistency is what separates the good players from the average hackers. The average hackers may shoot the greatest round 1 week then shoot a terrible score the next week because they are relying on hand on coordination to hit the ball rather than swinging the golf club which in return naturally hits the ball because of the arc created. I'd say I have the "one swing" for all clubs but there is a tendency where I create a nasty snap hook with my long woods. There are rounds where I tee off only with irons and manage to shoot low to mid 80's but if I could fix my drives off the tee shot, it'd help my game tremendously.

This post was edited by drizzyD on Aug 19 2013 09:06am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 19 2013 09:49am
That's why they make different clubs. Biggest thing that helps me is having a smooth consistent swing (if it's a full swing) and let the club do the work.

Don't let the distance speed up your swing, that's why they make multiple irons. As far as tempo and club head speed, I would think, when swinging full, you would want pretty similar numbers when it comes to comparing drivers and irons.

When taking a full swing, whether it's a 8 iron or a 3 iron, you want to have the same tempo, motion, club head speed and rotation of the hips. This helps you be more consistent, helps you determine how far you can hit each club and it gives you a metal note of how you are attacking the ball. Now stance, position of the ball and lyes all come into play, but if we are talking general that's my advice.
Gold: 51,925.00
Aug 19 2013 01:16pm
Snap hooking drives due to the position of your hands at contact with the ball...assuming your playing your drives inside your left foot and the irons with the ball in the middle of your stance, it only makes sense to snap hook drives if your have the same exact swing, because you need to bring your hands through sooner when the ball is in the middle of your stance, and later when the ball is inside your left foot...In other words, your timing with hands is good on your irons, but too quick on your driver due to the position of the ball, this is a problem which I have ran into several times on the golf course
Gold: 0.00
Aug 20 2013 04:30am
Yeah it makes it very consistent. I use to have a friend like that. He even could hit far as heck with his putter off the Tee haha for fun :P
Gold: 1,790.00
Aug 22 2013 04:33pm
one swing to rule them all
one swing to find them
one swing to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them
Aug 23 2013 02:22pm
Just have to practice. First started golfing last summer and sliced the shit out of it. I played the slice too often last year so I've worked on my drive and now I rarely slice it. Mostly just a little draw. Then again, I switched to a wood head driver LOL. Found that I focused much more with the smaller head than with the typical big drivers.

My big problem is I hook the shit out of all my irons and I push my wedges. Been working on that but like everything else, it takes practice.
Aug 23 2013 09:09pm
Quote (TritonV8 @ Aug 23 2013 07:33am)
one swing to rule them all
one swing to find them
one swing to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them

:huh:
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll