d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Rumor Thread > Trades/draft Day/ufas
Prev1140614071408140914101444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Jan 31 2023 09:32pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 31 2023 06:50pm)
[Weekes] I’m told from another club that was highly interested and involved in the Canucks Horvat deal, that Van didn’t shop the offer, and locked in on the NYIslanders package. Well folks NHL Trade Market is open!

Lol there's always that one butt hurt GM that low balls and cries when he doesn't get the player he really wanted, cuz some other team offered the asking price and got him

Usually that is what it is lol.

I don't think there was more on the table from other teams. Probably some comparable offers (likely seen as slightly worse offers by most ) but this idea that a far superior deal was on the table and was rejected is absurd.

Considering how obvious it was Vancouver was desperate to move him I don't see how they could have gotten much more.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jan 31 2023 09:33pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 31 2023 10:24pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 31 Jan 2023 19:32)
Usually that is what it is lol.

I don't think there was more on the table from other teams. Probably some comparable offers (likely seen as slightly worse offers by most ) but this idea that a far superior deal was on the table and was rejected is absurd.

Considering how obvious it was Vancouver was desperate to move him I don't see how they could have gotten much more.

It's most likely that the GM was willing the pay the asking price, but he started off low thinking alvin would circle back to him and say nyi offered his asking price, can u beat it before I pull the trigger? However alvin just accepted the deal when Lou came out of nowhere and met his price, while other teams tried to haggle. That's the risk of it

If alvin did circle back, perhaps the nyi offer woulda leaked and Lou woulda nixed it again like he did with Miller lol

Gold: 10.55
Feb 2 2023 10:23pm
I imagine larkin wont be moving at the deadline.
Rumor is larkin and the wings have agreed on an 8 year extension, and are about 1m apart on the $.
Wings want 8m, larkins team wants 9m.
Being so close to an agreement here i highly doubt he'll be moving on at the deadline whether a deal is in place by then or not
Gold: 10,995.01
Feb 2 2023 10:55pm
damn everybody wants 9 million feels like lol
Gold: 8,000.00
Feb 2 2023 11:01pm
it's crazy that 9 million is a lot in NHL, but I understand it

I saw a tweet earlier that NHL viewership is down like 20% in U.S
Feb 3 2023 05:49am
Quote (KrWWW @ Feb 3 2023 12:01am)
it's crazy that 9 million is a lot in NHL, but I understand it

I saw a tweet earlier that NHL viewership is down like 20% in U.S

i think what makes it seem like a lot is guys that are just under-just over a ppg are asking for 9+ that used to be for the stamkos crosbys ovechkins that were like 100 point players and carried the franchise kinda deal
dont get me wrong these guys are good players but if we start giving them all 9m+ things are quickly going to get out of hand imo
i get the caps going up but its like 2m? and these guys seem to want that extra 2m all on their contract
Feb 3 2023 08:48am
Quote (dragoneth @ 3 Feb 2023 03:49)
i think what makes it seem like a lot is guys that are just under-just over a ppg are asking for 9+ that used to be for the stamkos crosbys ovechkins that were like 100 point players and carried the franchise kinda deal
dont get me wrong these guys are good players but if we start giving them all 9m+ things are quickly going to get out of hand imo
i get the caps going up but its like 2m? and these guys seem to want that extra 2m all on their contract

It's gonna go up towards 90+m over the next few years. They're doing it based on the escrow and also not jump increasing it by 10mil in 1 go cuz that'll make all agents refrain their clients from signing term deals to capitalize on the jump.
Feb 3 2023 09:54am
Quote (Secksii @ Feb 3 2023 09:48am)
It's gonna go up towards 90+m over the next few years. They're doing it based on the escrow and also not jump increasing it by 10mil in 1 go cuz that'll make all agents refrain their clients from signing term deals to capitalize on the jump.

if what krww said is true about viewership with the cap going up players wanting big $$ it just sounds like another lockout in the making
then this year you hear all these guys with insanely high qualifying offers and all these players wanting like 9+ million starting point

people are saying kevin hayes is overpaid at like 7.1 teams would be interested if flyers retain salary to about 5-5.5 range hes putting up the same points as some of these guys that are wanting 9mill
shit debrincat has 41p/50gp hayes 45p/50gp larkin 43p/47gp meir 48p/51gp and they are only 3-4 years younger these arent 18-22 year old superstars putting up 100+ points for multiple seasons but want to get paid like they are
IMO the cap going up shouldn't mean players get paid more teams should be paying more high skilled players to better entertain their fans wit the extra cap space

if these guys start getting 9m wtf is crosby stamkos extensions going to look like? 12+? then whats mcdavids next extension like 16+? can the league sustain that?
yeah mackinnons extension is 12.6 lmao hes going to be getting paid more then mcdavid in a CANADIAN MARKET then you guys like bergeron and krejci going to the bruins cheap guys dont need to be getting paid this much money

This post was edited by dragoneth on Feb 3 2023 09:55am
Feb 3 2023 10:14am
Quote (dragoneth @ 3 Feb 2023 07:54)
if what krww said is true about viewership with the cap going up players wanting big $$ it just sounds like another lockout in the making
then this year you hear all these guys with insanely high qualifying offers and all these players wanting like 9+ million starting point

people are saying kevin hayes is overpaid at like 7.1 teams would be interested if flyers retain salary to about 5-5.5 range hes putting up the same points as some of these guys that are wanting 9mill
shit debrincat has 41p/50gp hayes 45p/50gp larkin 43p/47gp meir 48p/51gp and they are only 3-4 years younger these arent 18-22 year old superstars putting up 100+ points for multiple seasons but want to get paid like they are
IMO the cap going up shouldn't mean players get paid more teams should be paying more high skilled players to better entertain their fans wit the extra cap space

if these guys start getting 9m wtf is crosby stamkos extensions going to look like? 12+? then whats mcdavids next extension like 16+? can the league sustain that?
yeah mackinnons extension is 12.6 lmao hes going to be getting paid more then mcdavid in a CANADIAN MARKET then you guys like bergeron and krejci going to the bruins cheap guys dont need to be getting paid this much money

Viewership is going down cuz of NHL's poor decision making, not the product itself. If anything, hockey got more fun to watch than in the past with average goals skyrocketing. The problem is they make it very inconvenient and difficult to watch hockey legally. Like why would I pay 200 bucks annually to watch canucks games, only to find out some of these games are blacked out lmao. To protect the local cable companies? Fuck then pay them and provide the full service. It's like trying to watch 1 series, but they're making you pay for Netflix, amazon, Hulu, cravetv etc. To be able to watch all episodes without a hitch. Bet you the shows viewship would decrease if they did that, not cuz the show is shit but because it's easier to watch on a website that provides all episodes hassle and free.

Crosby and Ovechkin next contract won't be as huge, if anything they'll retire or sign short term deals like what bergy is doing. It's normal that when the cap increases, as NHL makes more money. The 6m in the past is like the new 8m these days. The 9 to 10m in the past is 12 to 14m. Etc. Mackinnon is a very good example actually, he's the highest paid player atm and its the most recent contract signed. Which means it won't shoot up to like 16m. Mcdavid signed his contract ages ago when caphit for teams were much lower. No idea why you're comparing older contracts with new, it's not going to make sense. Like Crosby's and Ovechkin ancient contracts to superstar contract these days. Just go by cap % as it's the easiest way to compare.

This post was edited by Secksii on Feb 3 2023 10:15am
Feb 3 2023 10:37am
im comparing because there active players in the same league playing equally as good getting paid less
just seems really dumb to be like im putting up less points then that guy for my entire career but i want to get paid more then him because the cap went up

i get it you the teams the league they all go by the cap % but that's the whole fucking problem just because play A got 10% of the cap then why does shitter player B deserve the same money because that's the % for those types of players?
like it makes sense but at the same time it really doesn't what if they need to lower the cap? those contracts become way bigger %s but if they just based everybody on skill:money ratio that wouldn't matter as much because they wouldn't be paying a 70-80 point player the same as a 100+ point player just because the contract was signed a couple years later and that was his %

and thats a pretty fair point about viewership

This post was edited by dragoneth on Feb 3 2023 10:43am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1140614071408140914101444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll