d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Rumor Thread > Trades/draft Day/ufas
Prev1135013511352135313541444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.90
Jun 29 2022 06:53pm
Quote (Secksii @ 29 Jun 2022 20:29)
for sure, but the team would have his RFA rights though

here is our fair offer 8m avv, fiala: no i want 9m avv. team: ok ur sitting til u decide to be reasonable or we can go arbitration! then trade u again and u better pray ur a proven 80pt player to get paid hefty term contract!

No team will want to pay for 1 year of a guy though
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2022 06:58pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Jun 29 2022 06:53pm)

Plenty of teams pay for only 1 year
Jun 29 2022 10:41pm
Quote (Chadzle @ 29 Jun 2022 20:58)
Plenty of teams pay for only 1 year

Well NJ and Ottawa are not in a position to be trading assets for short term players
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 29 2022 11:25pm
Quote (Meatstick @ 29 Jun 2022 17:53)

no player would want to sit for a year after a breakout season, and risk securing his term. Sitting out a year to go UFA, is losing 7.9m which is hefty compared to bitching about 200k/500k avv difference per year on a 7 yr contract which amounts to only 1.4m-3.5m. A player would only do this if Minnesota trades him to a team like Arizona where he would probably maintain more value sitting out than playing for them to bounce after.

I just find it unlikely that if Ottawa offered 5 1sts and chabot for fiala's RFA rights, Minnesota is taking it, and not saying sry guys im trading him to kings instead because he apparently doesn't wanna sign with you as an RFA. We're taking kings offer for less lol.
Jun 30 2022 08:16am
Quote (Secksii @ 30 Jun 2022 01:25)
no player would want to sit for a year after a breakout season, and risk securing his term. Sitting out a year to go UFA, is losing 7.9m which is hefty compared to bitching about 200k/500k avv difference per year on a 7 yr contract which amounts to only 1.4m-3.5m. A player would only do this if Minnesota trades him to a team like Arizona where he would probably maintain more value sitting out than playing for them to bounce after.

I just find it unlikely that if Ottawa offered 5 1sts and chabot for fiala's RFA rights, Minnesota is taking it, and not saying sry guys im trading him to kings instead because he apparently doesn't wanna sign with you as an RFA. We're taking kings offer for less lol.

It's the other way around though... if Fiala doesn't want to sign then Ottawa/NJ will obviously not trade for him

What I'm saying is that Fiala definitely talked to teams about a contract extension before the trade happened, because his new contract was signed like 10 minutes after the trade went through. So if Fiala couldn't agree to a contract with Ottawa/NJ then they go to the next highest bidder.

The OTT/NJ offers could have been better but dependent on a contract... capeesh?

This post was edited by Meatstick on Jun 30 2022 08:20am
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 30 2022 08:50am
Quote (Meatstick @ 30 Jun 2022 07:16)
It's the other way around though... if Fiala doesn't want to sign then Ottawa/NJ will obviously not trade for him

What I'm saying is that Fiala definitely talked to teams about a contract extension before the trade happened, because his new contract was signed like 10 minutes after the trade went through. So if Fiala couldn't agree to a contract with Ottawa/NJ then they go to the next highest bidder.

The OTT/NJ offers could have been better but dependent on a contract... capeesh?

I can understand a team not wanting to trade for a player that's UFA cuz they'll lose the assets they traded and lose the player as well. However I don't get why a team would refuse to end up doing the trade just because the player doesn't want to sign an extension when he's a rfa and has no leverage. He would literally have to sit for 2 whole seasons to go where he wants as a UFA, his agent, the team, fiala himself would not want this, despite how much he would rather be able to play elsewhere he wants lol. Especially during his prime years.

[Russo] Guerin on trading Fiala to a Western Conference team: “I don’t care.” Says the Kings did no tire kicking, showed they were interested right away; Wild wanted faber. Says both them and Fiala knew there was no way to re-sign him.

Sounds like gurein wanted Faber, and kings agreed.I think njd couldn't give up the 2nd oa. Ottawa's 9th oa obviously better than 19th oa from the kings, but they probably didn't have a prospect that Ottawa was willing to let go for fiala considering the situation minny was in and Faber was who they wanted more.
Gold: 12,140.00
Jun 30 2022 10:24am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2022 07:50am)
I can understand a team not wanting to trade for a player that's UFA cuz they'll lose the assets they traded and lose the player as well. However I don't get why a team would refuse to end up doing the trade just because the player doesn't want to sign an extension when he's a rfa and has no leverage. He would literally have to sit for 2 whole seasons to go where he wants as a UFA, his agent, the team, fiala himself would not want this, despite how much he would rather be able to play elsewhere he wants lol. Especially during his prime years.

[Russo] Guerin on trading Fiala to a Western Conference team: “I don’t care.” Says the Kings did no tire kicking, showed they were interested right away; Wild wanted faber. Says both them and Fiala knew there was no way to re-sign him.

Sounds like gurein wanted Faber, and kings agreed.I think njd couldn't give up the 2nd oa. Ottawa's 9th oa obviously better than 19th oa from the kings, but they probably didn't have a prospect that Ottawa was willing to let go for fiala considering the situation minny was in and Faber was who they wanted more.

He wouldn't sit out, he'd just take his QO and then walk as a UFA the next year.

Ottawa and NJD wouldn't want to risk prime assets to play a game of chicken with Fiala.

Don't think he would be afraid to "risk" not signing long term but I guess we'd never know that, it depends on each player and their personal outlook.

This post was edited by LuLer on Jun 30 2022 10:26am
Jun 30 2022 10:26am
Quote (Secksii @ 30 Jun 2022 10:50)

So you're saying if you're the GM of Ottawa, you'd be fine trading the 7OA + prospect for a guy who doesn't want to sign with you.....?

Quote (LuLer @ 30 Jun 2022 12:24)
He wouldn't sit out, he'd just take his QO and then walk as a UFA the next year.

Ottawa and NJD wouldn't want to risk prime assets to play a game of chicken with Fiala.

this.

This post was edited by Meatstick on Jun 30 2022 10:26am
Jun 30 2022 12:16pm
Habs want to trade for another top 10 pick and called all the other team that have them. Who the fuck do Hans have to trade worth top 10 pick? :rofl:
Gold: 12,140.00
Jun 30 2022 12:49pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Jun 30 2022 11:16am)
Habs want to trade for another top 10 pick and called all the other team that have them. Who the fuck do Hans have to trade worth top 10 pick? :rofl:

Nobody, they would have to package some other picks to move up.

Don't see a team in the top-10 that would be interested, top-10 picks in general are almost never traded. Horvat for Schneider is the last one I can think of and that was like almost a decade ago.

That said, Flyers could always do something dumb.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1135013511352135313541444Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll