d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Pga Tour > D2jsp Guild
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 25 2013 06:10am
PGA Tour (d2jsp Guild)

Introduction:

The guild PGA Tour is for golf enthusiasts looking for a place to enjoy this beautiful game together. PGA Tour @ d2jsp is a guild for golf lovers from all countries. This isn’t the Ryder Cup, we can all get along here, but we also don’t mind a little trash talking to make things interesting. If you join the guild, an entrance fee of 250 FG is required to be accepted into the guild. The FG goes toward guild slots along with guild activities and raffles. Each year, an additional 100 FG is required to renew your membership. This 100 FG shows us your commitment to the guild and it supports guild related events.

The most important feature of this guild is to understand the requirements and expectations. As in golf, we expect you to follow the rules, be good mannered and don’t cause problems that would affect the guild and its members. Although you have the freedom on the PGA Tour, you also have to understand that there are rules and in order for you to keep your card/membership we require you to follow those rules. Here is the rundown of the PGA Tour rules and requirements, but keep in mind basic judgment rules like following all d2jsp forum rules along with your standard golf etiquette is expected.

Requirements:

1. In order to gain access to the guild, a brief quiz will be sent to you via PM and is required to be completed before acceptance into the PGA Tour. The better you score, the faster you get into the guild.
2. As stated above, there is a 250 FG entry fee along with a 100 FG renewal membership fee every year. This ensures you are committed to the tour and wish to continue.
3. The PGA Tour requires any d2jsp members interested in the guild to introduce themselves in the guild chat topic. We don’t require personal information, but we would like to get to know you before membership is granted.
4. The PGA Tour requires a d2jsp user to be a member of the site for at least 5 months with over 250 posts. This shows us that you are going to be active enough to be apart of the guild.
5. The PGA Tour is a guild for mature audiences interested in being apart of a good cause. We don’t have a need for immature gamers who wish to harass, attack and belittle other members on this site. This guild will not accept members of this nature nor will we put up with that kind of behavior. We like to have fun, but understanding your limit is required.
6. Lastly, the PGA Tour requires active forum users who will stay in touch with their guildmaster (Woods @ d2jsp). If you are going to be away, going on vacation or just taking a break in general the PGA Tour needs to know in order to fairly handle the World Rankings (see below for details).

Rules:

1. To be in good standing, all PGA Tour members will have to take a short quiz on golf questions every 6 months (this is like a tour event). The questions consist of PGA Tour event and player questions. Your test results affect your World Ranking.
2. To be in good standing, all members must be active in the Golf section here at d2jsp along with our guild chat topic. This ensures that we are all staying true to our guild name and keeping the game alive even on a Diablo II related forum.
3. All members must stay below 20% warn at all times. Sometimes, members will earn 10% warn for their actions on the d2jsp forums and that’s understandable. We don’t want you guys to not have fun, but we also want everyone to respect the forum rules that the moderator team has set forth. Mistakes are made and will be forgiven.
4. Every PGA Tour member is automatically placed in a “Web.com” rank until they can earn their PGA Tour card. In order to earn this, you must show the Golf section that you deserve such an opportunity. The promotion/advancement to the World Ranking will come when you demonstrate your ability to converse, teach and promote the game of golf in the Golf section of the forums and our guild chat topic. See below for more details.

About:

The PGA Tour, like the real tour, is a very generous organization. PGA Tour @ d2jsp will provide opportunities for its players/members to gain forum gold with various FG related events posted in the guild topic(s) which will be free of charge if you have an active PGA Tour card. Every month, 50 FG will be randomly raffled off to a PGA Tour member. And, every 6 months, 150 FG will be raffled off to a member of the guild. Another nice feature about the guild is the jackpot prizes. Each week the real PGA Tour holds golf events. If you are able to pick the winning golfer that week 100 FG will be awarded to you for your selection. To make things even better, PGA Tour card holders will have the opportunity to win 500 FG four times throughout the year by picking the correct Major Championship winner during one of the 4 Major Championships that go on each year.

- The PGA Tour will hold events for all d2jsp users, not just PGA Tour guild members, to challenge the forums golf knowledge (prizes always included for PGA Tour guild members).
- The PGA Tour will also support the d2jsp Forum each year by donating $25 to the site.
- The PGA Tour will donate FG to our guild members frequently and we will always support one another.

World Ranking & Money List:

Your World Golf Ranking will be tested throughout the year by monthly quiz’s/tests, tournament winner selections, participating in the Golf section, the ability to improve your personal golf game, helping others who seek advice and participating in the guild chat topic, among other things. So, staying on top of things with the game of golf will be your best chance to get to #1 in the world. The more events you enter/participate in, the better chance you have at earning FG, which will go towards the PGA Tour Money (FG) List (see below for details). Every guild member in the World Ranking will receive 15 FG each month (180 FG/year) while on tour. Every time you advance in the rankings, 25 FG will be rewarded to you. The Top 5 players (eventually top 10) will receive an additional 50 FG each month (600 FG/year) as payment for achieving and keeping “Top 5” honors. When a player reaches #1 in the world, 500 FG will be rewarded to them along with an additional 75 FG each month (900 FG/year) for payment.

This guild is like the real tour, you get paid to play, but you also get challenged. All guild members will have the ability to earn thousands of FG each month/year. So, with money (FG) on the line, competition comes into play. Like PGA Tour Professionals, we expect you to handle each loss, wrong answer and/or downgrade in World Ranking with class. A real winner is someone who can accept losing and support his friends/competitors. Remember, we are all in the guild together, for the same reason – support your fellow PGA Tour guildmates during competitions throughout the year.

There will be a yearly PGA Tour Money (FG) List as well which will be documented and kept by the PGA Tour Commissioner, Woods @ d2jsp. The PGA Tour Money (FG) List will have a leaderboard posted on the first of each month with each individual’s FG earnings. The PGA Tour Money (FG) List total earnings winner will receive an additional 500 FG at the end of the year. It pays to play.

Conclusion:

Here at the PGA Tour we feel that generosity is key to demonstrating a positive environment for its members and interested applicants. Anyone willing to donate to the PGA Tour guild please send your FG to Woods @ d2jsp. All donations, small or big are greatly appreciated and will be used for guild-related events unless specified otherwise.

Foremost, the guild is for fun and although it comes off as serious, it’s only a forum. I ask that everyone enjoy themselves and have a good time. If you’re not having a good time, then this isn’t the guild for you. This guild was built to bring golfers together and build some friendships. If you have any questions, comments and/or suggestions please PM Woods @ d2jsp.

Thanks to the d2jsp Forums for making this guild possible.

Edit - This is just an interest/introduction thread. Once we get enough members our official guild chat topic will be made.

This post was edited by Woods on Jun 25 2013 06:33am
Gold: 155.00
Jun 25 2013 06:38am
Very nice Woods. As soon as I get enough for my entree fee, count me in!

I'm not into guilds and all that but I like this one.

I also like how you made one of the requirements to be on the site a minimum of 5 months lol.

This post was edited by iRTB on Jun 25 2013 06:51am
Jun 25 2013 07:18am
Quote (iRTB @ Jun 25 2013 08:38am)
Very nice Woods.  As soon as I get enough for my entree fee, count me in!

I'm not into guilds and all that but I like this one.

I also like how you made one of the requirements to be on the site a minimum of 5 months lol.

Sounds good man, see you soon.
Jun 26 2013 10:49am
:huh:
Jun 28 2013 08:45am
Gold: 0.27
Jun 29 2013 12:17am
Not to hate on the idea, but most people probably stop at 250 to join and 100 a year.

Just for perspective, I have no join fee on my guild and I buy each member a custom rank if I have the FG (friends only though of course since it's a joke guild.)
Jun 29 2013 08:39am
Quote (Randolph @ Jun 29 2013 02:17am)
Not to hate on the idea, but most people probably stop at 250 to join and 100 a year.

Just for perspective, I have no join fee on my guild and I buy each member a custom rank if I have the FG (friends only though of course since it's a joke guild.)

Understandable, but I have to charge that because I will be giving away thousands of FG to my members, paying them monthly and hosting events very frequently.

Members will earn/win back that 250 FG entry fee within months and the 100 FG membership fee is needed for commitment. I ask a little out of you to make sure you're really in the guild for the right reasons and in return I reward you for your dedication. I think it's a great way to build a guild.
Jun 30 2013 06:25pm
The first 5 guild members accepted into the guild pay no entry fee! Instead, they receive FG! Sign up today!
Jul 3 2013 07:55am
Jul 6 2013 09:52pm
:blush:
Go Back To Golf Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll