d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > Round By Round Updates
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Jun 24 2013 09:48pm
Totally going to steal Andre32's thread idea. Didn't want to keep posting in his thread and jack the thread itself so just the idea.

Anyone else can feel free to post here too.

Just going to be posting round by round updates. Try and get out at least twice a week but usually 2-4 times is the average. For anyone who doesn't know, I work at GolfSmith so get a lot of free golf through that so I get to get out a lot. Usually only play a few courses but it's still always fun of course.

My handicap is in the low teens. I had it in the upper single digits for a bit there then stopped a little and it jumped back up. Looking to get back down in the single digits by the end of the summer.

Don't have a round to post about now but I will later this week. I'll try and snap a picture like Andre does as well.
Gold: 1,550.01
Jun 25 2013 08:01pm
Do you ever get sweet guest deals? We should play a round together sometime.
Jun 25 2013 11:45pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jun 25 2013 07:01pm)
Do you ever get sweet guest deals? We should play a round together sometime.

Not really for guests. It's usually employees only and they ask that we either bring a pay stub or have a manager make the tee time. :-\

I can sometimes get guests on for just green fees but that's the best I can do and it's only if they're slow. It really sucks because when they come into our store, they expect the fucking world from us. You'd think a few guests here and there wouldn't be a biggie. They can spread the word how nice the courses are, bring in more buisness.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2013 12:24pm
Borriwng ur thread

Good competition yesterday and today! Finally (:

72-75 yesterday and +1 for the day put me on a third place and I went out today in the leading ball two shots behind.
Everyone in the final ball was even after 17, -1 total and everyone hits the fairway. One in the greenbunker, one on the greenedge 15m to the right and I hit a solid 9iron 2metres from the pin.
I obviously thought my putt was to win, but the guy on the greenedge somehow managed to make his putt for a birdie and I missed my 2metres so I lost with one -,-'
Anyhow, -1, +2 and -2. I'm pleased with my game and feeling good for upcoming competitions!
Jun 26 2013 02:19pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jun 25 2013 10:45pm)
Not really for guests. It's usually employees only and they ask that we either bring a pay stub or have a manager make the tee time. :-\

I can sometimes get guests on for just green fees but that's the best I can do and it's only if they're slow. It really sucks because when they come into our store, they expect the fucking world from us. You'd think a few guests here and there wouldn't be a biggie. They can spread the word how nice the courses are, bring in more buisness.

I can see both angles. Don't want too many guys bringing friends constantly.
Gold: 0.90
Jun 26 2013 03:17pm
Just shot an even (72)

Missed 3 birdie putts inside 10ft, 2 of them were about 6ft
Jun 28 2013 11:21pm
Played Arizona Grand today. Used to be called Phantom Horse (such a cooler name). Played tips of course too in case anyone wondered.

Course was fucking TOUGH. It wasn't all that long but it was super hilly, a lot of super low tee boxes and elevated greens. VERY narrow and SUPER tiny greens. First time I ever played there, had a blast. Was such a fucking hard course but was really fun.

Here's the tee box for hole 18. Course was in OK shape but you can see the tee box is super elevated to the green, made for an awkward shot.

I was 13 over in the end which I can live with for how much of a pain in the ass that course was and my first time there. Playing again Sunday, won't pull out the driver once probably. It's a course that you can play without it, very very well with proper course management so I'm going to try and shoot 9 over or better then.

The view from up there was beautiful. Anyone who knows AZ, you could see as far out of Scottsdale as possible and all the way past the west valley, it was awesome.
Jun 29 2013 01:34am
Great view. Can see A Mountain. That course it right across from Arizona Mills I take it. My buddy use to live right over there but moved back over to Mesa now.
Jun 29 2013 11:14am
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jun 29 2013 12:34am)
Great view. Can see A Mountain. That course it right across from Arizona Mills I take it. My buddy use to live right over there but moved back over to Mesa now.

You could see so much. Idk how to do panaramic pics otherwise I would have haha.

And yeah it's on Baseline and Arizona Grand. Right across the 10 from Mills.
Jun 30 2013 09:38am
Might not be able to get out today. :(

Still trying but I'm so damn spoiled now, don't ever want to pay for golf and when I can't get on for free, I don't go haha.
Go Back To Golf Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll