d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1217921802181218221835001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.69
Aug 11 2018 03:46pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 11 2018 02:01pm)
To be fair, most people in Congress would probably get smashed by Shapiro in a debate.

2 things are true

he is informed

but his tactics are also talk very very fast and get (ironically) quite emotional

that creates the steamroll effect on people that don't operate or communicate that way

His need for being seen as the smartest person in the room would be his weakness for a left leaning skilled debater

let's not forget debating is just nerd sports so they are out to win much more than have some sort of substantive interaction
Gold: 260.11
Aug 11 2018 03:49pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 11 2018 03:01pm)
To be fair, most people in Congress would probably get smashed by Shapiro in a debate.

Unfortunately debate doesn't mean much to who is correct on the issue unless it's a written, well mediated and sourced debate.

Not something Shapiro would agree to.

I've watched a bit of Shapiro. He's just the right's version of TYT, but way more autistic.
Gold: 200.83
Aug 11 2018 04:03pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 11 2018 02:46pm)
2 things are true

he is informed

but his tactics are also talk very very fast and get (ironically) quite emotional

that creates the steamroll effect on people that don't operate or communicate that way

His need for being seen as the smartest person in the room would be his weakness for a left leaning skilled debater

let's not forget debating is just nerd sports so they are out to win much more than have some sort of substantive interaction

I don't think 'quite emotional' is a very accurate description of ben shapiro's debating tactics. I might be missing something though, he may seem enthusiastic at times but rarely emotional.
Aug 11 2018 04:07pm
Quote (majorblood @ Aug 11 2018 03:03pm)
I don't think 'quite emotional' is a very accurate description of ben shapiro's debating tactics. I might be missing something though, he may seem enthusiastic at times but rarely emotional.

Like most right wingers that talk so often about liberal tears and snowflakes he himself can easily be manipulated because of it by someone skilled enough to trigger him which isn't hard in general to do he is just used to being around people that aren't that great at it

go listen to him whine and cry about people he doesn't like and tell me he couldn't be trolled into embarrassment just like a jsper in pard

he's the intellectual equivalent of the pretty girl that intentionally hangs out with the less pretty girls to always be the belle of the ball
Aug 11 2018 04:22pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 11 2018 03:07pm)
Like most right wingers that talk so often about liberal tears and snowflakes he himself can easily be manipulated because of it by someone skilled enough to trigger him which isn't hard in general to do he is just used to being around people that aren't that great at it

go listen to him whine and cry about people he doesn't like and tell me he couldn't be trolled into embarrassment just like a jsper in pard

he's the intellectual equivalent of the pretty girl that intentionally hangs out with the less pretty girls to always be the belle of the ball

sounds like you're describing milo and not ben shapiro
Aug 11 2018 04:29pm
Quote (majorblood @ Aug 11 2018 03:22pm)
sounds like you're describing milo and not ben shapiro

it's point karate for ego and most people don't care

Who does he share the space with? Crowder, Owen, Rubin etc? Lightweights to most including himself (Belle of the Ball)

Who does he debate? Cenk? congress chick he wants to steamroll for "Ben Shapiro destroys...." youtube compilations? He plays much nicer with someone like Harris because Harris is an actual point karate threat he's just lucky Harris is chill af

He is informed and he can be reasonable and I myself value his contributions to daily event opinion but this "he's too smart" shit is all an illusion that he's created

Aug 11 2018 04:33pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 11 2018 03:29pm)
it's point karate for ego and most people don't care

Who does he share the space with? Crowder, Owen, Rubin etc? Lightweights to most including himself (Belle of the Ball)

Who does he debate? Cenk? congress chick he wants to steamroll for "Ben Shapiro destroys...." youtube compilations? He plays much nicer with someone like Harris because Harris is an actual point karate threat he's just lucky Harris is chill af

He is informed and he can be reasonable and I myself value his contributions to daily event opinion but this "he's too smart" shit is all an illusion that he's created

You seem to be directly contradicting your previous point now. You are saying he can be reasonable and non-emotional with someone worth debating but previously he was easy to manipulate due to his ego and being overly emotional in debate. Which one is it?
Aug 11 2018 04:35pm
Quote (majorblood @ Aug 11 2018 03:33pm)
You seem to be directly contradicting your previous point now. You are saying he can be reasonable and non-emotional with someone worth debating but previously he was easy to manipulate due to his ego and being overly emotional in debate. Which one is it?

he's not debating on his daily show

and a portion of his daily show actually makes my point about him being emotional

on substance he is reasonable when he is by himself or hosting his sunday show where he is not combative
Aug 11 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 11 2018 03:35pm)
he's not debating on his daily show

and a portion of his daily show actually makes my point about him being emotional

on substance he is reasonable when he is by himself or hosting his sunday show where he is not combative

if he's not debating on his daily show and his daily show is where you determine him to be emotional you cannot logically conclude he is an emotional debater and can be easily manipulated.
Gold: 500.00
Aug 11 2018 04:46pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 11 2018 04:01pm)

he has a talent for talking fast, that's about it
the only debate i saw was him and cenk and it turned into cenk attacking the crowd while shapiro throws out a bunch of cherry picked data to make a failed argument that the american healthcare system isn't dogshit garbage
it does work on the crowd that he caters too though so they eat that stuff up
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1217921802181218221835001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll