d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Fc Barcelona > Discuss - Love Or Hate
Prev1629630631632633723Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,880.00
May 27 2017 02:07pm
Cilessen wants to take over ter stegens spot next season. Think he Got alot of training to do over the summer if thats gonna happen :rofl:
Gold: 2,570.91
May 27 2017 03:35pm
Gz

Pretty balanced game, although not an undeserved win, I guess. When you are playing well you need to score the chances you get, and Barça did that better than Alavés.

Really liked Alavés' attitude, they never gave up and fought hard until the end; shame they didn't score at least another one. Happy with the performances of future Madrid legends Theo and Marcos Llorente B)

Oh, and people can keep saying "good riddance" to Luis Enrique, but he has won as many major titles in his 3 years in Barça as Guardiola did in his first 3 years at the club. Replacing him won't be as easy as some people claim.
Gold: 57.00
May 27 2017 04:03pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 27 May 2017 17:35)
Gz

Pretty balanced game, although not an undeserved win, I guess. When you are playing well you need to score the chances you get, and Barça did that better than Alavés.

Really liked Alavés' attitude, they never gave up and fought hard until the end; shame they didn't score at least another one. Happy with the performances of future Madrid legends Theo and Marcos Llorente B)

Oh, and people can keep saying "good riddance" to Luis Enrique, but he has won as many major titles in his 3 years in Barça as Guardiola did in his first 3 years at the club. Replacing him won't be as easy as some people claim.

#wengerin
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 27 2017 06:45pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 27 2017 05:35pm)
Gz

Ya dont understand why people hate on Luis Enrique. Some people cant look in perspective.
May 29 2017 02:32pm
Valverde is official now. Don't think he's the man you guys needed tbh. He's definitely a good manager, but I don't think he's cut for managing top clubs.

A nice guy and a good tactician, which might work in the short term, but I don't think he'll work out in the long term. I don't think he has the flare required to keep things together.

I'm unhappy he's joining because I was hoping he'd become our national manager someday (I think he'd do really well in short competitions), and if my prediction is right and he ends up having a bad run at Barça, I doubt he will have the chance of managing la Roja.
May 29 2017 03:25pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 29 2017 04:32pm)
Valverde is official now. Don't think he's the man you guys needed tbh. He's definitely a good manager, but I don't think he's cut for managing top clubs.

A nice guy and a good tactician, which might work in the short term, but I don't think he'll work out in the long term. I don't think he has the flare required to keep things together.

I'm unhappy he's joining because I was hoping he'd become our national manager someday (I think he'd do really well in short competitions), and if my prediction is right and he ends up having a bad run at Barça, I doubt he will have the chance of managing la Roja.

I feel like a lot of clubs have only short term managers ;)
Madrid being one of them. I can't see zidane being there sooner or later.
May 29 2017 04:00pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ 29 May 2017 23:25)
I feel like a lot of clubs have only short term managers ;)
Madrid being one of them. I can't see zidane being there sooner or later.

Well I meant long term by top club standards, I don't expect Valverde to last more than 3 seasons... I think Barça will be in trouble by then, if not a season earlier.

Not sure how long Zidane will last. If he's up to it and doesn't burn out, I think he can actually last a long time so long as he does decently. He has always been Florentino's boy and the signing he's most proud of. As much as Florentino likes axing managers, Zizou is really special to him so things would have to get really ugly before he does it.
Gold: 2,423.00
May 29 2017 04:04pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 30 2017 12:00am)
Well I meant long term by top club standards, I don't expect Valverde to last more than 3 seasons... I think Barça will be in trouble by then, if not a season earlier.

Not sure how long Zidane will last. If he's up to it and doesn't burn out, I think he can actually last a long time so long as he does decently. He has always been Florentino's boy and the signing he's most proud of. As much as Florentino likes axing managers, Zizou is really special to him so things would have to get really ugly before he does it.

Well, no CL or league title next year (because it's our turn) surely seales his fate. You guys sack everyone that fails to win either. Didn't you guys sack Mourinho after a title even? Or was that Ancelotti? rofl
A such storied team that treats managers like dirt
May 29 2017 04:11pm
Quote (zarkadon @ May 29 2017 06:00pm)

Yeah maybe

Quote (umade @ May 29 2017 06:04pm)
Well, no CL or league title next year (because it's our turn) surely seales his fate. You guys sack everyone that fails to win either. Didn't you guys sack Mourinho after a title even? Or was that Ancelotti? rofl

I honestly don't get why anyone moves to real...
May 29 2017 04:45pm
Quote (umade @ 30 May 2017 00:04)

The last manager to be sacked after a season where Madrid won a title was Capello, back in 2007, because the club already had an agreement with Schuster. And it wasn't even Florentino; Calderón was the president back then.

And again, you're missing the whole point that Zidane is a club legend and Florentino's boy. It's much easier for him to sack Carlo or Mou, than it is Zizou. Unless our performances had been an utter disaster and there was a player mutiny of some sort, I'm sure he'd even get a second chance if we didn't win anything in one season.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1629630631632633723Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll