d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > The Smaller Club Supporters Thread > For Those Who Done Support The Big Teams
Prev1530531532533534681Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 150.69
Aug 20 2017 03:38am
Quote (WNxIrvine @ Aug 19 2017 09:54pm)
Nobody cares about the score.

How did the grass look? :ph34r:

Ours was bland as fuck today. :cry:

Looked good, no weird patterns tho.

Still can't believe we won 7-1
Gold: 2,570.91
Aug 20 2017 05:56am
Quote (zarkadon @ 19 Aug 2017 13:49)
Mallorca's season in the 3rd level kicks off tomorrow morning. We're playing away against Peralada, a team that has spent most of it's 102 year long history below the 4th level, and now be playing their first ever season in the third level. The cause for this improvement is that a decade ago they became Girona's feeder club, and just recently they've officially become their b-team, changing their name to CF Peralada-Girona B.

So now they have some interesting players from Girona, which should make them a decent team on paper, but they're not expected to be a rival for the top teams in the group. Hope we can kick off things with a win.

Mallorca has gone through a complete overhaul this summer. We've either sold, released or refused to extend the contracts of all but 4 of our players from last season, so it's a really fresh start (which is exactly what we needed). The 4 players we kept were also among our top 6-7 players last season, so it's great that they stayed, even if they had offers from top Segunda clubs. To be honest I know fuck all about the signings we made, because most of them are players with a long record in the third level, but apparently they're among the best in the division. And, as I said in this thread 2 months ago, our new manager has also a positive and proven experience in Segunda B... so things look promising. Too bad they also looked well last summer and we ended up crumbling and relegating ffs,... but alas, let's hope this all works out well this season.

Promoting is a must, and our immediate goal is to top our group. Looks like the also recently relegated Elche will be our main rival, because they too have made some neat signings, but there will be other threats on paper like our city rivals Atlético Baleares (they're very experienced in fighting for promotion to Segunda), Alcoyano (so are they), and the b-quads of Valencia and Villarreal (both ofc backed by Primera teams). It's imo the most demanding group of the division.

Unfortunately, many of the games won't be on tv, so I'll miss out on many of our games this season :(

Peralada 0 - 1 Mallorca

Damn, we had to relegate to the third level to finally win our first game of the season, 6 years after we last did so (when we were playing in Primera) ffs.

Pretty easy albeit boring win. Peralada parked the bus big time, even while losing, up until the last 5 minutes of the games. I guess that these kind of games will be our bread and butter, and the real difficulty we will face in most matches; lots of teams will lock themselves up, making it really hard for us to score.
Gold: 2,570.91
Aug 20 2017 05:58am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ 20 Aug 2017 11:38)
Looked good, no weird patterns tho.

Still can't believe we won 7-1

Awesome! :D

How are your promotion chances/hopes looking this season?
Gold: 150.69
Aug 20 2017 06:20am
Quote (zarkadon @ Aug 20 2017 12:58pm)
Awesome! :D

How are your promotion chances/hopes looking this season?

Well we signed some quality players that have alot of first division experience. We signed Gorius who was at Genk and KV Mechelen for a long time. We also signed Hubert who was the former captain of Genk during their title winning campaign with Courtois and De Bruyne in the team.
Some youngsters from top clubs have joined us on loan aswell so we definitely got better players now.

We are favorites to get promoted, along with Lierse and Westerlo but we didn't start out well (Draw and a loss). This 7-1 victory against Cercle is so unexpected tho. We never won with such a high score.

I'm hoping to get promoted, but if Lierse continue their form like last season they will be hard to beat

This post was edited by Mr_Mill on Aug 20 2017 06:21am
Gold: 9,294.00
Aug 20 2017 06:22am
looks like a pretty good weekend for the most of us B)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 20 2017 11:28am
awful start to the season, lost 0:1 at home against newly promoted hannover. completely dominated the 1st half but just didn't manage to score (very much a problem we carried over from last season), then not much happened in the second and they scored with basically their only chance.
ofc this is just the first game and nothing really happened yet, but if we can't even win our home games against such teams, this will be a very tough season...
Gold: 4,383.11
Aug 20 2017 11:32am
Quote (fender @ 20 Aug 2017 19:28)
awful start to the season, lost 0:1 at home against newly promoted hannover. completely dominated the 1st half but just didn't manage to score (very much a problem we carried over from last season), then not much happened in the second and they scored with basically their only chance.
ofc this is just the first game and nothing really happened yet, but if we can't even win our home games against such teams, this will be a very tough season...

and the next promotion team follows next week ^^

no offense, but i really thought about including mainz into the 3 relegation teams for my betting game
went for hannover instead, but hey its only one game so far
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 20 2017 11:35am
Quote (ampoo @ 20 Aug 2017 18:32)
and the next promotion team follows next week ^^

no offense, but i really thought about including mainz into the 3 relegation teams for my betting game
went for hannover instead, but hey its only one game so far

no offense taken, mainz is most certainly one of the 5 teams most likely to fight against relegation, that's very much a realistic evaluation imo...
Aug 20 2017 11:45am
Quote (fender @ 20 Aug 2017 19:35)
no offense taken, mainz is most certainly one of the 5 teams most likely to fight against relegation, that's very much a realistic evaluation imo...

yeah, i would rate augsburg and hannover to be below your level, hamburg as well, but you know how they are (lol)
the main issue i have with your boys is about scoring enough goals
compared to hannover you miss that one guy like harnik who has already scored two digit amounts of goals in a season in the league (imo)
Aug 20 2017 01:48pm
legia warsaw fans holy shit ^^

Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1530531532533534681Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll