d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > The Smaller Club Supporters Thread > For Those Who Done Support The Big Teams
Prev1520521522523524681Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 5 2017 04:57pm
Quote (ampoo @ 5 Jun 2017 23:51)
that kind of transformation does not happen here, only when a club has a potent long-term sponsor and i havent ever heard that some club would loan money to do that, i am almost shocked to hear such a thing ^^
sounds weird, but its some kind of being in the right place at the right time thing here
the sponsor that paid us back then vanished after a season, everyone except the homegrown players was gone and we got relegated twice in 3 years
that same guy went to a different club, two promotions in a row and they dropped back when he left again :lol:

regarding normal sponsoring for amateur clubs...it feels like times have changed a lot when you speak the older guys
especially middle class and local companies, that were happy to throw a few thousand into their local team are now fighting for every cent on the market

yeah, sunday league football can attract quite a crowd here, the team i mentioned earlier that got promoted to 4th level has had 800-1000 people on average
i played for that club in the u19 and even we had something like 400-500 per game
in the city most clubs always have some people attending, aside from wags and friends ^^
and outside the big cities its almost tradition for many to go to the local sunday league club for beer, food, company etc

but clubs have been complaining in recent years that fewer people are coming
and from next year onward i think its getting worse with the kick-off times in bundesliga at 1.30 pm on sundays (sunday noons had no games on purpose for the sake of amateur football)
i can only speak for hamburg, but when they have a sunday noon game, who will then go to our games?

at my club, easily three quarters wouldnt come or perhaps watch that game in our club house
it really sucks that grinding more and more money out of professional football will have an effect on those who just want to have some fun

Yeah, that sounds bad. Sucks for the clubs in the smaller tiers :/

About the whole loaning thing, to me it makes sense... if for whatever reason you can't find enough sponsors to gain enough money to become a pro club, then you can just use the money you are going to get from La Liga for being in Segunda. I mean, if they're missing let's say 1M€ to become a pro club, then they know that by the end of the season the league will have paid them over twice that amount, so they can just go temporarily in debt or ask an outside financial source to just loan them the amount. In the 4th level where you have to make a transition from amateur to semipro then I guess you just have to rely on sponsors since clubs won't make much money from the league anyway. But like I said, it's very hard for an amateur club to promote in the 5th level, because there will always be semipro clubs to compete with and they will have far better squads.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 5 2017 05:13pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 6 Jun 2017 00:57)
Yeah, that sounds bad. Sucks for the clubs in the smaller tiers :/

About the whole loaning thing, to me it makes sense... if for whatever reason you can't find enough sponsors to gain enough money to become a pro club, then you can just use the money you are going to get from La Liga for being in Segunda. I mean, if they're missing let's say 1M€ to become a pro club, then they know that by the end of the season the league will have paid them over twice that amount, so they can just go temporarily in debt or ask an outside financial source to just loan them the amount. In the 4th level where you have to make a transition from amateur to semipro then I guess you just have to rely on sponsors since clubs won't make much money from the league anyway. But like I said, it's very hard for an amateur club to promote in the 5th level, because there will always be semipro clubs to compete with and they will have far better squads.

well yeah, if you practically have a guarantee to be able to pay it back and still have something left it makes sense
dont see this happening here though :p

we will see next season how things go, but the resistance against the current development is pretty strong and amateur footballers are a big part of the community
Jun 5 2017 06:15pm
Quote (ampoo @ 6 Jun 2017 01:13)
well yeah, if you practically have a guarantee to be able to pay it back and still have something left it makes sense
dont see this happening here though :p

we will see next season how things go, but the resistance against the current development is pretty strong and amateur footballers are a big part of the community

Well here it's possible to do it because the amount of money you make in the second level is much, much greater than the amount of money you make in the third level. Below the third level the difference isn't too big between different levels though.

This post was edited by zarkadon on Jun 5 2017 06:16pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2017 06:52am
Wow that Italian under 20s team sucks balls.
Jun 11 2017 08:47am
So Mallorca's traditional rival Atlético Baleares has lost promotion to Segunda after apparently being completely robbed by Albacete :LOL:

The city of Palma will see a derby after 37 years. Was hoping it would happen in a higher division, but alas it will be fun to experience my first Palma derby.

Our group (Group 3) is usually the strongest of the bunch, and next year it looks like its going to be really crazy with lots of promotion candidates, especially if Barça B fails promotion. Hope we plan things properly, because while we do have the potential to build a team that can storm the group and the following playoffs, any mistakes could make us struggle in such a competitive group.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 20 2017 02:24am

:rofl:
Jun 20 2017 06:37am
Quote (ampoo @ 20 Jun 2017 10:24)

:lol:
Jun 20 2017 06:59am
Quote (ampoo @ Jun 20 2017 08:24am)

What the :lol: