d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Torchlight Series > Torchlight 2 Whirlwind Build Guide > Zerker
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11.68
Sep 26 2012 09:24am
I'm creating this post to explain to people how to create a Zerker that acts pretty much identical to that of the whirlwind barb of diablo 3. This is the fastest build i've seen on this game in clearing maps, and I managed to kill mobs on a level 105 map at lvl 61.

The build consists mainly on ravage and savage rush. These 2 moves will be used mostly and should be maxed asap. The build mainly consists on dex, you can add str and vit acording to your playstyle. I suggest getting no focus as its not needed.

My skills at lvl 78

How this build works is you try to get as much dot damage which is dmg over time gems in your weps and just use savage rush. It works like whirlwind and you will run through everything and hit mobs once every like .33 seconds.
The build works best on maps with 200% dmg 50% attack speed 50% cast speed because the 50% attack speed and 50% cast speed do not affect you in anyway.

Ravage is mainly spammed on stronger mobs if you think the dot dmg will not kill them by the time you run out of the screen. It is also used with a combo of savage rush and exe which will drop the armor of anything you are fighting to barely anything.

I got rage retention up to rank 6 just for 1 second thorns. Thought it just over dmg to the build. Red wolf should also be maxed as it increases over dmg by a lot.

You "CANNOT" die if you learned to use savage rush peoperly and effectively. I have not yet played with a single person that can keep up with me in a map.

If you are not using savage rush or ravage you will still do a lot of damage due to always executing.

Tips - I suggest getting some mana regen because you will never run out of mana really with it.
Learn to time your savage rush and ravage well so you can do max dmg.

Pros*
Fastest killing build ive seen.
Havn't died in pvp againist people my level.
You feel like a whirlwind barb of diablo 3.

Cons*
If you stop moving you can possibily be one shot (This depends on gear)
Focus's on dot dmg

Idea of weps you will want to be using.

Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2012 09:45am
How can you claim its the fastest build? Ravage radius is so small. Try Permafrost/rush. Any class can clear lvl 100 maps at lvl 60.

Also, how can you say you can't stop if ravage forces you to stop for a significant amount of time?
Sep 26 2012 09:47am
Quote (simpleforce @ Sep 26 2012 08:45am)
How can you claim its the fastest build? Ravage radius is so small. Try Permafrost/rush. Any class can clear lvl 100 maps at lvl 60.

Also, how can you say you can't stop if ravage forces you to stop for a significant amount of time?

You only get one shot by bosses' meaning you can time when to stop moving. You don't even have to use ravage on anything other then boss's as everything will die without it. ( and you only get one shot by bosses if you're in a game with 3+ people)

I can claim this because i've played with about 30 other zerkers and I was atleast 3x as fast as the fastest one.

I litterally have people instant join my games when I log on so they can follow me around.

Also making a character a hybrid that focus's on magic and physical dmg is not the most effient way to build a character in any game. Your character will rely 100% on gear.

This post was edited by LordBong on Sep 26 2012 09:56am
Sep 26 2012 09:51am
make one with permafrost.

you also skipped burst...which is like instant full hp bar.
Sep 26 2012 09:54am
Quote (simpleforce @ Sep 26 2012 08:51am)
make one with permafrost.

you also skipped burst...which is like instant full hp bar.

I would never make a character a hybrid on this game which would make your dmg split between physical and magic. Focus and Str... You see the flaw.

This build lets me do my max meele dmg with execute because of all the armor drops. (Synergy you might wanna learn about it)

I do not need burst as I can hit every like .33 seconds meaning my life leech is retarded. I can hit like 10 mobs at a time at that speed. You can't die.

Stop spamming your noob shit.
Gold: 4,071.02
Sep 26 2012 09:56am
wat stats did u add? i just started playin this game ;x
Sep 26 2012 09:58am
Quote (KyoDivine @ Sep 26 2012 08:56am)
wat stats did u add? i just started playin this game ;x

At low level it was mostly dex, Tried to get to 33% crit asap. and then added some vit, then tried to get my crit dmg to 50% with str. Then went prety much all dex.

Now im debating how to split the rest of my points lvl 78-100.
Sep 26 2012 10:00am
Lol, you've made like 10 claims day 5 with your 1 character you created that has hit lvl 7X. In 2 weeks you'll look back to you post and say "oops".

I'll explain how permafrost works compared to your rush/ravage.

You rush to the next group of monsters, instead of constantly rushing to kill the high level mobs or waiting to ravage each group separately, you cast permafrost and rush to the next room.

fyi, You got mad fast, explains the 30%.
Sep 26 2012 10:03am
Quote (simpleforce @ Sep 26 2012 09:00am)
Lol, you've made like 10 claims day 5 with your 1 character you created that has hit lvl 7X. In 2 weeks you'll look back to you post and say "oops".

I'll explain how permafrost works compared to your rush/ravage.

You rush to the next group of monsters, instead of constantly rushing to kill the high level mobs or waiting to ravage each group separately, you cast permafrost and rush to the next room.

fyi, You got mad fast, explains the 30%.

fyi I carry 3 people with this build and do not need to use permafrost as I just drop the boss's armor to 0 and then meele attk it and it dies 2 seconds.

You are a pleb, spamming in a build discussion topic about how your hybrid build that focus' on physical and magical dmg can be as effective as a build that only focus' on one.

Synergies learn about them. Your build has none.
Sep 26 2012 10:04am
Lol, this guy doesn't learn. Or doesn't want to learn.

This post was edited by simpleforce on Sep 26 2012 10:16am
Go Back To Torchlight Series Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll