d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Information On Double Registered Accounts
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 720.71
Sep 24 2012 08:56pm
Okay, so I've been asked by a few of my friends to make a guide about double registered accounts or also known as dub'd, double reg'd, double'd. This guide will tell you how to avoid these and if your buying accounts, how to safely trade the account.

How does a double register happen?

Lets say Zex@jsp makes the account Zex in 2005. He loses internet for 5 months and hasn't logged into his account for 5 months. When he made the account he registered it to his email.

Well every 3 months accounts expire, meaning they can be remade again by a different. So lets say I go to make the account Zex in 2006 and i play til the current date. I register the account when I make it.
Well Zex@jsp remembers he registered the account Zex so he uses his password recovery to get the account back. This is how a double register happens, someone makes an account registers it, the account expires, new owner makes it, registers it, old owner recovers it.

How do I know if my account is doubled?

If you type
Code
/mail username Hey
and you receive this in your email, your account is save. (this only works if you register your account)
If you do not, you ether, did not register or your account is doubled.

How do I avoid creating a double registered account?

The best way is not not create accounts of famous people, common people names, characters in other games, items in d2, things like that, But any account can be doubled so check before starting up!

How do I avoid being scammed with a double registered account?

The best way is before you send the seller the fg, you have them switch emails. I suggest you have a fake email just used so they can't change it back later.
As soon as you get the confirmation you proceed as agreed. Once your on the account you change the email to your real email. This way the seller won't know it, and you will be notified if someone changes the email.

Don't use accounts like David@useast, Sex@useast, Zod@useast, ect ect. Original accounts or "good" account names are normally doubled and unsafe. You never know when it will happen and it may never happen.

*This is the safest way to trade accounts, remember mediators don't mediate these trades*

Step by step how to trade accounts.

1. Agree that the email needs to be changed before any fg is sent. (I suggest you use a fake email for this but one you have access to.)
2. Confirm you have message saying email has been changed.
3. Proceed with the agreed trade.
4. Once you have the password and account change the email right away. Use your real email.
5. Enjoy the account.

Thanks to Zex for letting me use him in the guide!

This post was edited by Conner on Sep 24 2012 09:13pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll