d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Torchlight Series > Torchlight 2 Errors > Any Errors We Dont Know About?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 976.50
Sep 21 2012 07:31am
[Unable To Log In To Authorized Server]
fix for this is to open steam and login at https://secure.runicgames.com/account/keys
and find My Products.
there is a Button Called Check my Steam Account for Games.
Click it.
now click the Button called Check Your Steam Account For Games.
if u get this message Successfully updated your Steam account and games.
then u can go back to Torchlight 2 and login.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Torchlight 2 Firewall – Can’t Connect]
You may not be able to connect to other players or even log in if your firewall is blocking files. You can confirm it by disabling the firewall and then trying to connect to your friends.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Torchlight 2 Stuttering Problem/Lag Fix]
If your computer is good enough to run the game, and you have a stable internet connection, logically, there shouldn’t be any stutter or lag. However, if you are still experiencing it, you may want to give this workaround a try:

DATA.PAK in the Torchlight 2 folder is compressed to reduce the space that can minimize the online distributing costs. You can extract the DATA.PAK archive and pack it again with zero compression. This can make the stutter/lag to go away.

[Torchlight 2 Error 404 When Linking to Steam Account]
there were some problems initially at the developer’s end. The error corresponds to the server connection or something that is bound to be updated in the future which has been fixed now. You can try the linking procedure again.

[Torchlight 2 I/O Error]
If you are sure that your hard drive has sufficient free space, and you have run Chkdisk at-least once, then the best bet is that you delete all the local content and re-download the game.

Feel Free To Post any errors and fixes if u got them

Thanks

This post was edited by d2jspLuna on Sep 21 2012 07:43am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2012 07:42am
Nothing big besides some glitches here
Gold: 34.01
Sep 21 2012 08:54am
Error where players can hack and mod freely.
Gold: 907.54
Sep 21 2012 01:21pm
The linking was the only troublesome thing (at launch)
Gold: 3,015.00
Sep 21 2012 07:33pm
just had a bugged menu i couldnt exit out of and then died on hardcore while stuck in it

going to not play this for awhile now that was pretty lame
Sep 22 2012 04:02am
Quote (buttersdan @ Sep 22 2012 02:33am)
just had a bugged menu i couldnt exit out of and then died on hardcore while stuck in it

going to not play this for awhile now that was pretty lame

[Torchlight 2 Stuttering Problem/Lag Fix]
If your computer is good enough to run the game, and you have a stable internet connection, logically, there shouldn’t be any stutter or lag. However, if you are still experiencing it, you may want to give this workaround a try:

DATA.PAK in the Torchlight 2 folder is compressed to reduce the space that can minimize the online distributing costs. You can extract the DATA.PAK archive and pack it again with zero compression. This can make the stutter/lag to go away.
Gold: 4,551.00
Sep 22 2012 02:47pm
king in maskes has a bug where you can shoot at him forever without him targeting you.
Gold: 20.00
Sep 22 2012 05:23pm
How do u repack DATA.PAK without compress ???

I tried compress with winrar and rename extension to .PAK but no works. I read in a forum of Crisys game. But no works for Torchlight II
Sep 23 2012 01:14am
Quote (bornay @ Sep 23 2012 12:23am)
How do u repack DATA.PAK without compress ???

I tried compress with winrar and rename extension to .PAK but no works. I read in a forum of Crisys game. But no works for Torchlight II

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?fileid=1&do=file

To Repack it
Download PakScape http://www.filefront.com/3668858/pakscape.zip
and once you have it running, go to file and new, and then simple drag your files into the program, and then save it some where, you can also open pak files with this.

let me know how it goes <3

This post was edited by d2jspLuna on Sep 23 2012 01:24am
Gold: 20.00
Sep 23 2012 11:02am
No works. Maximum files exceded to make a .pak file.

Technical Information Pakscape
---------------------
Maximum files in a PAK file: 4096
Maximum path in a PAK file: 55 bytes

I tried all programs of this web to make a DATA.PAK uncompressed and no works anything... Probable Runic team has a new program to compress their files...

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/pak
Go Back To Torchlight Series Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll