d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pheonix-azon Guide > 1.11b Player vs Monster
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,691.68
Feb 19 2007 08:03pm
...............This is purely a Player vs. Monster Guide...............

Introduction:
Well I am at it again, making another Guide based around using PHEONIX, you got it PHEONIX, this time it is a Grand Matron Bow & even with the interruption from lvl22 Fire Storm, she rapes monsters quite well. There are basically two (2) setups that I like using, but, I will give you options of items and skills that you may want to tryout. I am trying to be flexible in this guide for people that do not think like me, or play the game like me.
Please Note: I have also included a section covering "Other Options" at the end of guide. This section may include items that you think is better to use.

General Information:
It is best if you can Glitch your character into Hell difficulty and do Chaos Runs or Uber Trist levelling to reach at least level 80-83. You will be able to put exact points into the skills and attributes with the gear that you will choose to use. Following is a list of what I have covered for this build to be effective.

1) 102% Pierce. HOW = Level 9 Pierce reaches 69% and Razortail gives 33%. Note: Only need 1 hard point into Pierce Skill.
2) HIGH Attack Rating = You want to at least have 90%+ chance in hitting all monsters including bosses.
3) 14% Mana Leech. This automatically comes from Pheonix GMB
4) 5-10% Life Leech. This is covered in both concepts.
5) Knockback
6) 50% IAS Note: Your merc will be wielding Faith and you will reach 8fpa with a Single Arrow and 3fpa with Strafe
7) 30-75% Faster Run Walk. This is covered in both concepts.
8) Other: If i keep on rambling, it will take too much space.

Character Class Information
20 Strength Base @ Level 1
25 Dexterity Base @ Level 1
20 Vitality Base @ Level 1
15 Energy Base @ Level 1

50 Hit Points @ Level 1
84 Stamina @ Level 1
15 Mana @ Level 1

+2 Life per character Level
+1 Stamina per character Level
+1.5 Mana per character Level

+3 Life per Vitality Point
+1 Stamina per Vitality Point
+1.5 Mana per Energy Point

Rogue Mercenary Cold Arrow *Edited: I did not include before.
Faith Bow Preferably lvl14-15 Fana Aura
Ebugged Fortitude Resistances, Damage.
Shako Just for starters then Use ral'd Andy's Visage at lvl83 (preferably eth)

....................Concept 1.0 Enigma Armor....................
This is the Glass Cannon Build, so all attributes will be going towards Dexterity and nothing else. If for any reason you want to put points into Vitality, then that is up to you and I would suggest that you only put 30 points into Vitality. These are the items that I use, please do not argue about Cats Eye is better or other items. All those items are listed under the section called "Other Options". I have reached my goals with this Concept, Life Steal, Nice Attack Rating, 75% frw, Knockback, +5 All Skills (+8 Bow skills), teleport and a little bit of life, added bonuses are the 10% crushing blow and extra fire damage.

Attributes:
Strength None
Dexterity ALL = 550 @lvl80, includes 395 lvl1-80, 15 from all tome quests and items, perfect Torch/Anni
Vitality None
Energy None

Life 292 @lvl80, includes 158 lvl1-80, perfect Torch/Anni & 5% from enigma. Excludes Bul Kathos Ring.

Items:
Weapon: Pheonix +3GMB = 350-400ed, Redemption Aura, 14% mana leech.
Helm: Giant Skull with 2x 15% ias jewels = KNOCKBACK, 30 strength & 30% IAS.
Gloves: Lavagout = 2% Chance to cast Level 10 ENCHANT, fire damage, fire resis & 20%IAS.
Belt: Razortail = 15Dex, 10 to Max damage & Pierce (+33)
Boots: Cow King = 30% FRW, added fire damage, 20dex, 25% mf.
Armor: Enigma Mp = +2All Skills, 45%FRW, Teleport, 5% more life, and Strength to hold items.
Ring1: Ravenfrosts = 20Dex, 220+ Attack rating, 40 mana and "Cannot Be Frozen"
Ring2: Bul Kuthos Ring = +1 All Skills, more life and 5% Life Steal. Note: Rare 5%+ Life Steal, dex ring better or use Carrion Wind for Life Steal cheaper.
Amulet: Seraphs Hymn = +2 All Skills, +Attack Rating & %Damage versus Demons & Undead.

Switch:
Weapon: Call to Arms = 6 Battle Orders preferred.
Shield1: Lidless Wall = +1 All skills and has low strength requirement.
Shield2: Spirit Monarch = +2 All skills and has 156 strength requirement. You will be able to wield this at higher levels. Make it eth for lower str req.

Skills: Levels Reached with Anni/Torch/+3gmb & +5 All skill items.
Because I have created a Frost Maiden, i have maxed out only two (2) skills, you do not need to follow suit, you can store these points for later use on the skills you want to max out. I chose Freezing Arrow & it's Synergy because it comes in very handy with Baal Minions.
Note: Only a Base of 82 Skill points used.

Bow Skills
20 Freezing Arrow = Level 32
20 Cold Arrow = Level 32 (only the initial 20 hard points effect the synergy = 240% extra cold damage)
08 Strafe = Level 20 Note: You only recieve 5% extra damage per point AND you can max out later.
01 Pre Requisites = Level 13

Passive Skills
11 Valkerie = Level 20
11 Penetrate = Level 20
01 Critical Strike = Level 9 Note: You can have 11 hard points to reach Level 20 if you desire, or add Passive Skillers to boost.
01 Pierce = Level 9 Note: At this level you reach the 69% mark and with Razotail you have 102%
01 All Other Passive Skills = Level 9

Inventory
Torch: = 20/20 is the best, but anything will do as long as it is an Amazon one.
Annihilus = 20/20/x is the best, but again anything will do.
Small Charms = Basically this is where you need to gain your Resistances, concentrate maxing Lightning then Fire. I will list some that are good.
- Shimmering Small Charms of Vita = +3-5 All Resistances and the 16-20 life is very nice. Just very Pricey.
- Shimmering Small Charms of Balance = +3-5 All Resistances and 5% Faster Hit Recovery. Six of these will give you 30% fhr breakpoint
- Shimmering Small Charms of Winter = +3-5 All Resistances and 4-5Min & 7-9Max Cold Damage. Four of these are good.
- Shimmering Small Charms of Incineration = +3-5 All Resistances and 5-7Min & 9-13Max Fire Damage. Four of these are good.
- To max out your Light &/or Fire resistances, then you can use 10-11% resistances small charms. Use what you need to reach 75% resistances.

....................Concept 2.0 Enigma Armor....................
Refer to Concept 1.0 for other items, switch and inventory. This concept has no level 10 enchant, so the attack rating will need improving by placing more skill points into Penetrate or using Passive Skillers. Also there is no Crushing Blow.

Items:
Helm: Andariels Visage with 1x 15% ias jewels = +2 All Skills, 8-10% Life Steal, 25-30 strength & 35% IAS.
Gloves: Crafted = 20%IAS Knockback gloves. Good mods Passive Skills, 5%bonus to ar, Dex &/or Str, resis
Ring2: Ravenfrosts = 20Dex, 220+ Attack rating, 40 mana and "Cannot Be Frozen"

Skills: Levels Reached with Anni/Torch/+3gmb & +6 All skill items +2 Passive from Gloves.
Because I have created a Frost Maiden, i have maxed out only two (2) skills, you do not need to follow suit. Note: Only a Base of 75 Skill points used.

Bow Skills
20 Freezing Arrow = Level 33
20 Cold Arrow = Level 33 (only the initial 20 hard points effect the synergy = 240% extra cold damage)
07 Strafe = Level 20 Note: You only recieve 5% extra damage per point AND you can max out later.
01 Pre Requisites = Level 14

Passive Skills Based on +2 Passive gloves
08 Valkerie = Level 20
08 Penetrate = Level 20 This skill may need to be maxed out to achieve 90%+ to hit all monsters/bosses with Strafe
01 Critical Strike = Level 12 Note: You can have 11 hard points to reach Level 20 if you desire, or add Passive Skillers to boost.
01 Pierce = Level 12 Note: At this level you reach the 75% mark and with Razotail you have 108%
01 All Other Passive Skills = Level 12

....................Other Item Options....................

Weapon
Ice Grand Matron Bow = Concept 3.0 Have not gone into this at all, this is a very nice bow for a Frost Maiden Build. Have tested, but fell in love with Pheonix.
Pro's Enhances Cold Damage, lvl22 Frost Nova on striking, has 20%IAS leaving more room to equip other items like Nightwings/Shako (15ias jewel).
Con's Basically you have to alter other items for Mana Leech, basically it is viable by having mana leech on the gloves in Concept 2.0 and not worry about the 20ias but you will have to use the Andarials Visage to ensure that you reach 50%IAS.

Armor
Chains of Honor = Concepts: 1.1 and 2.1
Pro's Very nice Resistances and 20 strength
Con's Need to either change other items for Strength items or add points to strength.
Fortitude = Concepts: 1.2 and 2.2
Pro's More resistances, added life and a massive 300% enhanced damage.
Con's Need to either change other items for Strength items or add points to strength, also no FRW or +All Skills meaning that you have to use more points to cover skill.

Helm
Shako You will not reach the 50%IAS which means you will have to change the ammy to either Cat's Eye or Highlords, meaning less damage and attack rating versus Demons & undeads as well as compansating for the loss of skills.
Nightwings Basically the same as Shako, but, this can be a viable option if you are using Ice GMB
M'Avina's Diadem This is a nice cheap option, you will reach the 50%IAS and be able to add dexterity Gem or life Gem or other.

Amulets
+2 Amazons Rare/Crafted = Other Mods you want: 5%bonus ar, 1xx ar, 15+Dex (duel Str/dex), resistances. etc
Maras = +2 Skills, Resistances and +5 All Attributes: This is viable, and can add damage small charms in inventory and will need more Attack Rating.
Highlord’s = +1 Skill, 20% IAS, 35% light resistances: This is a good option, again you can shift other items around to compensate for it.
Cats Eye = 30% faster run walk, 20% IAS and Dexterity: This is nice, loss of skills, damage and attack rating (the dexterity helps a little)

Gloves
Laying of hands = 20% IAS, 350% enhanced damage to demons and Fire Resistances. Best with Concept 1.0
Draculs Grasp = 20% IAS, Life Tap, Life Steal, Strength Note: Best used with Giant Skull

Boots
Gore Riders = What can I say, this is the preferred choice of many, just remember that you will not reach 75%FRW and will change items around to suit.
Shadow-dancers = 30%frw and 25dex. Just for the extra Dexterity. The strength requirements pretty high, maybe eth for trial.

....................Novelty Items Not Tested....................

Ammy:
Metalgrid = Resistances, +400 attack rating and Iron Golem charges. (obtaining the thorns aura too) Note: Will test by using Fortitude Phase Blade for Golem.
Ring:
Nature's Peace = Level 5 Oak Sage just for more life.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 19 2007 08:19pm
Gold: 2,094.99
Feb 19 2007 08:40pm
Very well thought-out and planned.

Interesting.

I think I'll have to make one of these happy.gif

Good guide
Feb 19 2007 09:27pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Tue, Feb 20 2007, 03:40pm)
Very well thought-out and planned.

Interesting.

I think I'll have to make one of these happy.gif

Good guide

Thank you for the compliments, I do hope you make one in the future, she can be very effective based on what setup you choose, and you also have the option to use your points for other skills especially if you do not go with the Freezing Arrow Frost Maiden idea, that is 40 skill points you can use elsewhere.

I am enjoying my setup very much, and I just love annoying Summon Necros because I utterly Shatter Monsters and my Redemption aura removes the leftovers.
My attack rating is very nice, i even reach 16k ar with Magic Arrow which i use occassionally for the immune phys. One thing for certain, Lightning Aura champions/bosses are a real pain in the ass, especially if they are immune phys.
Feb 20 2007 02:28am
This is Too Good to even let it get to the 2nd page, so I must Bump this Baby for now.
Gold: 10,649.90
Feb 20 2007 03:21am
nice one iz, but do you think that the redemption is really needed? my experience on bowazons is that they leech enough to stay alive in pvm
Feb 20 2007 03:49am
Quote (Mischa @ Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:21pm)
nice one iz, but do you think that the redemption is really needed? my experience on bowazons is that they leech enough to stay alive in pvm

Basically the Redemption aura is still good if running low, basically the 14% mana leech is what is wanted as well as the 400% (if lucky) ed.

If you have noticed, i have 14% mana leech and between 5-10% life leech, i have covered every avenue with bothe concepts, even if you swap the Enigma Armor with Fort Armor you will still have both Leeches covered.

Basically with this build you can sit in front of their faces and survive even when they hit you.

Lets take Diablo for instance, you can tele directly in front of him and Strafe his ass and you will survive during this process and his Light/Fire Breath will not touch you. If he hits you once with Maximum Damage, you maybe in Trouble, but then he has to be able to hit you, and with such a high dexterity his % chance to hit you is at Least 30% or less to hit (basically he needs a good low lvl roll to hit you), and then still comes the % chance to Dodge while attacking which is still good even with a 1 base point.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 20 2007 04:01am
Feb 20 2007 02:52pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Tue, Feb 20 2007, 09:28pm)
This is Too Good to even let it get to the 2nd page, so I must Bump this Baby for now.

Well also still working on some additional things like
Concept 3.0 Using Ice Gmb

Also noticed that if I use Fort (Concept 1.2) the damage is very nice, got hold of some 13+ str rings with life steal and using large charms to be able to use. basically you have to reach a minimum of 106 alone, this is for using Giant Skill (the 30str will help to hold GMB =only 108str).
Feb 20 2007 07:27pm
Well also tested out another idea for this (it is based on Windforce) only major downfall is th 134 strength req:

Using Concept 1.2 Items:
Pheonix to Windforce ensure that you put an Shael rune in it
Bul Katho's Ring to Ravenfrost 20dex 220+ ar.
Enigma Armor to Fortitude Armor.
Crafted Glove to Lavagout

hmm, 95%IAS need to check out the bp

Well have reached the Max Bp of 92% = 7fpa (fpa = frames per attack), 3.5aps (aps = attacks per second)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 20 2007 07:32pm
Feb 21 2007 07:28am
Thought i would bump this and add in this section for a Windforce idea (been done before) like one other guide, i have not gone right into depth with everything, but i have covered some nice areas and was able to keep my Pierce and lvl10 enchant to boost attack rating. Hope you like this one, the damage is actually very nice, I would say that this build has the second highest Bowazon Damage out there, the 1st one reaches 120%ias using alot of 40/15's (i used here too, but made cheap option) and gore riders, nos belt, highlords, 120/45 helm, 160/60 armor, things that are pretty much godly.

Basically this idea is achievable.

1) 102% Pierce. HOW = Level 9 Pierce reaches 69% and Razortail gives 33%. Note: Only need 2 hard point into Pierce Skill.
2) HIGH Attack Rating = You want to at least have 90%+ chance in hitting all monsters including bosses.
3) 7% Mana Leech. This automatically comes from Windforce
4) 8-10% Life Leech. Andy's Visage.
5) Knockback. Windforce
6) 95% IAS Note: Your merc will be wielding Faith and you will reach 7fpa and 3.5 attacks per second with a Single Arrow and 3fpa with Strafe

Rogue Mercenary Cold Arrow
Faith Bow Preferably lvl14-15 Fana Aura
Ebugged Fortitude Resistances, Damage.
Shako Just for starters then Use ral'd Andy's Visage at lvl83 (preferably eth)

Attributes:
Strength None icon_pointl.gif Please note that you want to achieve 134 Strength from items.
Dexterity ALL = 510 @lvl80, includes 395 lvl1-80, 15 from all tome quests and items, perfect Torch/Anni
Vitality None
Energy None

Life 292 @lvl80, includes 158 lvl1-80, perfect Torch/Anni & 5% from enigma. Excludes Bul Kathos Ring.

Items:
Weapon: Windforce = 20 ias, mana leech, KNOCKBACK Note Shael this = 40%ias Total.
Helm: Andariels Visage with 1x 15% ias jewels = +2 All Skills, 8-10% Life Steal, 29-30 strength & 35% IAS.
Gloves: Lavagout = 2% Chance to cast Level 10 ENCHANT, fire damage, fire resis & 20%IAS.
Belt: Razortail = 15Dex, 10 to Max damage & Pierce (+33)
Boots: Cow King = 30% FRW, added fire damage, 20dex, 25% mf.
Armor Fortitude = More resistances, added life and a massive 300% enhanced damage.
Ring1: Rare = 20 Str and other mods (Duel Str/Dex)
Ring2: Rare = 20 Str and other mods (Duel Str/Dex)
Amulet: Mara's = +2 All Skills, 25-30 All resistances and +5 Attributes.

Please Note: 20/xx Torch + 20/xx/x Anni + 40str for the 2x Rings + 20 Base and 5 from Mara's =105 Str which is enough to hold Andy's Visage, and with the 29 or 30 Str from that, you will have 134-135 strength to wield Windforce. Before reaching lvl83, you can use Giant Skull (i think the strength is higher 106, so use str charms)

Skills: Levels Reached with Anni/Torch & +4 All skill items.
With the remaining points choose for yourself, you will still rock with what has been shown.

Bow Skills
20 Strafe = This is not an Arrow Guzzler like Multiple shot.
20 Guided = Just for you guys that may want to Duel.
01 Pre Req

Passive Skills
20 Penetrate = You want high Attack Rating for Strafe (9 out of 10 arrows will hit, then 100% pierce, then 8 will hit and so on)
01 Critical Strike = Level 9 Note: Max this if you want, your personal choice and you will have the points to do so.
02 Pierce = Level 9 Note: At this level you reach the 69% mark and with Razotail you have 102%
01 All Other Passive Skills = Level 9

Inventory
Torch: = 20/20 is the best, but anything will do as long as it is an Amazon one.
Annihilus = 20/20/x is the best, but again anything will do.
Small Charms = Basically make up the Resistances that you are lacking and add in 3/20/20's or other damage sc's and lifers, maybe even 6x 5%fhr to hit bp.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 21 2007 07:33am
Feb 21 2007 07:25pm
Bump for the Lagg-azon guide, lol.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll