d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Walking For Torches > /p8 Hammerdin / 1-pt Smite
Prev17475767778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.21
Mar 15 2012 05:27pm
Quote (darknessproz @ Mar 15 2012 11:19pm)
more baal runs are needed for 98-99 than 90-99. ;)

i have known people who have made multiple enigmas, infinity, grief etc in SP, not that hard really. especially in 1.13

i know its a typo bro but i wanted to point out that mathematically baal runs from 98-99 will never exceed the number needed for 90-99 ;)
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2012 05:35pm
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 16 2012 07:27am)
i know its a typo bro but i wanted to point out that mathematically baal runs from 98-99 will never exceed the number needed for 90-99  ;)

oops yeah, i have it the other way around.

This post was edited by darknessproz on Mar 15 2012 05:36pm
Gold: 694.00
Mar 15 2012 07:29pm
Quote (lone500 @ Mar 15 2012 04:31pm)
hehe i been whispering this in his ear :P

only 4 levels away. :D

Thanks for all the nice words everyone! It feels really good to have made it the whole way. My only regret is that I traded w/ throwbarb for the Ist to complete CtA after hell baal. In retrospect I should have just ran countess more at the time. For that reason only I may decide to make another hdin (no time soon though) to take to 99. Not sure if I want to invest the time here, especially because that's a LONG four levels, even WITH an enigma... I've put a good dent towards 96, but nowhere even near halfway yet, and the exp penaty just gets more and more severe. Isn't there also a bug w/ hell baal exp on /players 8? Doesn't it only credit as if you were on /p6 or somethign? I'll need to look that up.

My immediate future involves P90X2. I started tonight, and the first dvd, X2 Core was disappointingly easy. After the first day of P90X, chest and back I was puking, the way a workout should be :p Seriously, while I was playing the throwbarb & especially torch, I lost about 10 pounds due to not sleeping and eating regularly enough. My post times start at 9-10AM and end at 3AM many days... This game is seriously bad for my health.

But I will be playing with some more moderation. Right now I'm going to run summoner for a bit. If I find H keys fast enough I'll tackle UT again tonight. Before I close the book on this guy I do really want a pTorch, and maybe an eni too. That would feel so great. HRs DO drop (as I hope I've finally proven with video!), but they don't all the time, so it will be very rewarding if I can make it.

I'll continue to take video of my runs too, if only so I can capture the moments for myself. I will save the Highlords wrath gamble forever! :) It would be so sweet to have my first Ber or higher rune drop on video too.

You all let me know if you want me to keep posting. I don't want to keep up the pace I've been for sure, but I'm willing to share when I make progress towards the enigma, or any major gear updates, like a perfect vmagi, those missing dracs (or razortail or atma scarab!!!!)

Once I find my pTorch then I'll finally allow one last twink. The only other item my barb found that I wish I had was a 2os 45 res ST (maybe SR, can't recall). UT was really easy after all, so really this would allow me to lose a few scs. I may also rush characters for extra socket quests. I mean really there is nothing left to do but work toward more perfect gear, recreating the ladder experience in SP.

Gold: 171.00
Mar 15 2012 08:57pm
I would defenitely encourage you to keep posting.
Gold: 4.21
Mar 15 2012 10:08pm
ya your not there yet and we definitely want you to keep it up.

tho not the obsessed play. glad your doing something else because you would strait burn yourself out playing so much. i understand and used to do the same thing. shit sometimes i have trouble getting off these forums but i enjoy playing with a bit more moderation. plus i have to much to do to let me play all the time :)

and i wouldnt worry about that ist at all. not enough to make a new paladin for 99 anyway. just 99 your current paladin, perfect his gear by then, do some workouts and call it an ezpk :)
Mar 16 2012 06:14am
fyi the baal exp bug is that exp is capped at p3. if you want, i can link you a page with the number of baal runs needed for lvl99. can't post here because of jsp stupid rules though.

post major updates, like nice unique/set/rune drops, but don't burn yourself out. i also encourage you to search for a muling program called gomule, which comes with an item reporting utility - flavie - which allows you to see what unique/set items you have and see what you are missing, a full unique/set grail would be a very interesting and challenging goal.
Gold: 694.00
Mar 16 2012 09:13am
Quote (darknessproz @ Mar 16 2012 07:14am)
fyi the baal exp bug is that exp is capped at p3. if you want, i can link you a page with the number of baal runs needed for lvl99. can't post here because of jsp stupid rules though.

post major updates, like nice unique/set/rune drops, but don't burn yourself out. i also encourage you to search for a muling program called gomule, which comes with an item reporting utility - flavie - which allows you to see what unique/set items you have and see what you are missing, a full unique/set grail would be a very interesting and challenging goal.

Nice tip on go mule, I will for sure check it out. I used atma for throwbarb, and a db like search or any reporting I sorely missed. Is it compatible with what I'm using now? Atma isn't. Collecting one of everything (eth too!) is indeed an extended goal. That is why in the video where I found the wisp you also saw me take pains to save that eth unique bill :)

I also did some calculations on the ut experience and it appears there is a cap there too. I haven't finished the calculations yet, but will report what I find the cap to be.
Mar 16 2012 05:45pm
It isn't exactly compatible, but i have figured a workaround for it. It works like ATMA, and you can add chars/stashes, but if you are using plugy, DO NOT transfer items to your chars stash, as it will not work. Transferring items to-and-fro your chars inventory works fine though. I suggest you backup your save files before attempting it, as i have lost a nice unique(steelrends T.T) by playing around with it without backing up.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 17 2012 08:14am
how about : Walking For Torches 2

with other charakter class ^^ ?
Gold: 32.20
Mar 17 2012 08:31am
Quote (MonCherie @ Mar 17 2012 09:14am)
how about : Walking For Torches 2

with other charakter class ^^ ?

Uber bowazon maybe?!? :unsure:
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List