d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Political Science Essay Questions
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Oct 18 2011 05:14pm
1. James Madison argued that even though one could not eliminate the causes of faction, one could reduce its effects by fragmenting political power. Explain how the system created by the Constitution was designed to prevent a single faction from dominating the political system.

2. The modern presidency is much more of a “popular” presidency than the writers of the U.S. Constitution envisioned. Explain why and how you believe this change has occurred. Discuss the implications of these developments for the role of the presidency as well as the possible dangers the writers of the Constitution feared.

3. Describe the primary motivations that shape congressional behavior. How do these motivations influence how Congress performs its core functions? Give examples. In what ways do they have a positive and/or negative impact? Give examples.

4. Describe four of the roles played by the president in our political system. How do each of these roles enhance the power of the president? What difficulties do presidents face in each one?

I have a essay to write and i need to know info about all 4 of these topics. can you please give me some tips?

fg of course to the best homework helper

This post was edited by m4tth3w1118 on Oct 18 2011 05:14pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 18 2011 05:33pm
1. The constitution supported the idea of an atomist idea where the ideas/interests of multiple political parties all work together to form a republic. Back then, leaders who implemented an republic idea failed because the problem was that the size of republics were too small. people believed republic had to be based on small limited area for gov't. However, madison proposed the idea of a large republic where consent of governed applies to everyone. So this idea of atomist view where the interests of everyone work together to form this whole prevents a single faction from dominating has with all these political parties, it is hard for one to dominate.

2. The modern presidency is more of a popular presidency than the writers of the Constitution imagined. With a congress with virtually no term limits, the congress can be essentially controlled by large groups of grass roots organizations who have enough money devoted to change public opinion known as interest groups. back then, the writers of the Consitution only wanted to people to voice their opinion not this influencial special interest group that has emerged today.

3. Congressmen are also influenced by lobbyists. The only major lobbyists for old people is AARP. ""Congressmen are sent to Washington to represent their constituents, so I would think feedback from constituents would be one major determinant as to how congressmen behave. For instance, if a bill comes up in congress and the congressman receives letters, phone calls or emails asking the congressman to vote in favor of it or against it, he should consider the will of the majority, especially if he wants to get re-elected the next time around. That's why the average American should stay informed of what's going on in Washington" (Kiziah). Other motivations include" Pandering for votes, Getting reelected, Making themselves and their friends rich" (Malikail)

4. Ill give you 10 roles.

Chief of State – Serves as the ceremonial head of government at public functions

Chief Executive – Oversees the operation of government agencies; appoints cabinet members, agency heads, and other officials; and sees that laws are properly enforced. (Stability of government depends on the government as whole with its people. if president appoints abusive members, the system may fall apart.)

Commander-in-Chief – Heads the military branches. (Well hes the commander of army, if he calls the wrong move, whole country can go into danger and can put US in debt.)

Chief Diplomat – Represents the country in foreign affairs. (Important in treaties, and ally work. This gives president power to discuss foregin ordeals. If president doesnt give a good impression to other top countries, US may get a bad look)

Chief Legislator – Initiates possible legislation and works with Congress to achieve the administration’s goals. (These laws help govern the people. President needs to be sure that these laws are approriate, if he fails, well public complains)

Chief of Party – Heads chosen political party

Your welcome.

Voice of the People – Represents the wishes of the general public

President of the West – Acts as spokesman for the Free World

Protector of the Peace – Preserves order in times of national emergency

Manager of the Prosperity – Engineers economic controls to maintain a stable economy
Oct 18 2011 05:54pm
any others, and thank you so much but I'm accepting other opinions.

FG STILL FOR OFFER
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 18 2011 05:55pm
np glad to help.
Gold: 3,545.75
Oct 18 2011 06:51pm
Gl bump
Oct 18 2011 08:15pm
Quote (BlueNin42 @ Oct 18 2011 03:55pm)
np glad to help.

ty ;] . any others? for fg
Gold: 280.00
Oct 18 2011 10:13pm
1. James Madison argued that even though one could not eliminate the causes of faction, one could reduce its effects by fragmenting political power. Explain how the system created by the Constitution was designed to prevent a single faction from dominating the political system.

2. The modern presidency is much more of a “popular” presidency than the writers of the U.S. Constitution envisioned. Explain why and how you believe this change has occurred. Discuss the implications of these developments for the role of the presidency as well as the possible dangers the writers of the Constitution feared.

3. Describe the primary motivations that shape congressional behavior. How do these motivations influence how Congress performs its core functions? Give examples. In what ways do they have a positive and/or negative impact? Give examples.

4. Describe four of the roles played by the president in our political system. How do each of these roles enhance the power of the president? What difficulties do presidents face in each one?
Oct 18 2011 10:39pm
what ???? ^
Gold: 280.00
Oct 18 2011 11:00pm
wow I had a almost a whole page typed up and I dont know what happened. Is their a way to retrieve it?
Oct 18 2011 11:18pm
Quote (sikhawk @ Oct 18 2011 10:00pm)
wow I had a almost a whole page typed up and I dont know what happened. Is their a way to retrieve it?

na man :( dang i appreciate the help tho.

try pressing the backspace button like 10000 times unless you excited your page already
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll