d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1318319320321322340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Apr 7 2022 01:24pm
Quote (LuLer @ Apr 7 2022 12:48pm)
This Yandle thing has to be one of the dumbest situations I've ever seen in hockey.

He's not owed anything, games & ice-time ought to be earned. Guy was supposed to be scratched years ago 'cause he's soft doo-doo and so many people are acting like it's the ultimate disrespect to scratch him.

The streak only means something if the player is actually good enough to play in those games. It's a farce otherwise.

i agree if he was good enough to force the team to play him it wouldn't be an issue but that's not the case
they let him set the record and play a couple more games making it unreachable for kessel this season i believe which is really doing him a favor
with that being said being a throw away season they didnt have to sit him and coulda kept it going so its like a 50% dick move hes not owed anything and rightfully so they want to give prospects some games

but man i watch the last game and that was by far the hardest ive seen yandle play now that the streaks gone and he got scratched for the first time in 989 games it looked like he was playing to earn his toi not coasting through the game
if he played like that more often he would have probably kept the streak going based on his play

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 7 2022 01:35pm
Apr 11 2022 09:27am
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-sign-forward-bobby-brink-to-entry-level-contract/c-332844772
as expected flyers sign brink to ELC after he wins the ncaa championship and leads ncaa in scoring he was also a finalist for hobey baker

small guy but sounds like hes got high hockey iq and compete level which is something this team needs more of
rumors were he would sign and be playing in the nhl a week or so ago so might see him in the next game ^^

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 11 2022 09:28am
Apr 12 2022 09:43am
seem to be true^^
Mike Yeo confirms Bobby Brink will make his NHL debut Tuesday when the Flyers visit the Capitals on

would like to see allinson get the call up too guys doing pretty good in the ahl call him up before he gets hurt again :wallbash:

good to see these young guys getting a shot though see what they got if any of them are ready and if not even to just give them a taste of why they arent ready
Apr 13 2022 05:30pm
Philadelphia Flyers
@NHLFlyers
Injury updates: Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body), Cam Atkinson (lower body), Carter Hart (lower body), Patrick Brown (upper body) and Nate Thompson (lower body) are unavailable for #NYRvsPHI.

not only did we get stomped 9-2 we got a bunch of player hurt lmao

Philadelphia Flyers@NHLFlyers2h
Replying to @NHLFlyers
Lineup updates: Felix Sandstrom will get the start in goal.
Oskar Lindblom and Zack MacEwen will enter the lineup.
Egor Zamula will skate on a pairing with Kevin Connauton.
Tanner Laczynski will make his season debut. #NYRvsPHI

ayyy sandstrom getting the start :thumbsup: finally guy gets some games maybe
Apr 30 2022 12:25am
seasons over :( some of the young guys starting to look good at the end which is good frost and tippet seemed like they were starting to pick up their play brink looked good cates looked really good he was creating a lot of offense
york was solid til he got hurt hogberg looked decent attard got a lot better then his first couple games
sandstrom looked pretty good not amazing but not super bad either he let in a soft goal pretty much every game but then made like 10 big saves that easily could have been goals i wouldnt mind seeing him as the back up next season over some old guy
jones lol i was pleasantly surprised he sucked in SJ his preseason was TERRIBLE but all season the guy was pretty solid in net im really surprised a playoff team with shakey goaltending options didnt make a move for him i really think he coulda been a nice pick up

i see a lot of people with konecny in their list of players to go what do you guys think? i think thats nuts guys leading the team in points and has a pretty solid contract he hasnt been the goal scorer he was but hes making plays

the worst we can pick is 6th i believe and if the kraken get a point they got the tiebreaker and flyers would drop to 30th in the league but right now were at 4th overall with potential to move up to 3rd pre lottery
next season team should be healthy i think a lot of our depth is going to be young players competing for toi instead of vets just kinda there and that should improve the team quite a bit guys like tippet frost cates allison brink

also cam atkinson won a lot of flyers team awards that lead me to believe hes the next C he was one of my 3 options and it wouldnt be surprising he got the nice guy award and plays with most heart awards but we will see giroux might still come back ;)

this is nhl.coms top 5 we likely land on of these guys ^^
1. Shane Wright (6-foot, 185 pounds), C, Kingston (OHL)
2021-22: 58 games, 84 points (28 goals, 56 assists); eight power-play goals; one shorthanded goal
Best assets: Shot, hockey sense
Possible NHL comparable: Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins forward
NHL Central Scouting analysis: "Shane remains a desirable package of NHL talent and has proven he can carry the load and be the difference maker when it's needed in game situations. An excellent prospect and a guy that the scouting community has been tracking for a while now so everyone's familiar with the attributes he can bring to a team. He does what it takes all over the ice and any coach can rely on a player like that because he not only provides offense but is an all-around leader of a team."
2. Logan Cooley (5-10, 174), C, USA U-18 (NTDP)
2021-22: 43 games, 64 points (23 goals, 41 assists); six power-play goals, three shorthanded goals
Best assets: Playmaking, hockey sense
Possible NHL comparable: Mitchell Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs forward
NHL Central Scouting analysis: "Cooley is a player who can impact games. His top-end speed is off the charts and his ability to quickly process and execute on plays make him a scoring threat every time he steps on the ice. He's a dynamic skater, shifty with a great burst with the puck and plays above the pace. He has high-end compete and makes players around him better. He decommitted from Notre Dame and will attend the University of Minnesota next season. It's the big Olympic rink in Minnesota so he's going to be hard to handle for NCAA defenders with all that extra space."
3. Matt Savoie (5-9, 179), C, Winnipeg (WHL)
2021-22: 61 games, 84 points (32 goals, 52 assists); 12 power-play goals
Best assets: Speed, deceptive instincts
Possible NHL comparable: Mathew Barzal, New York Islanders forward
NHL Central Scouting analysis: "He can think of a play and then make it happen at the same pace he's thinking it ... and his hands will do the same thing. I think he just loves to play hockey. He just looks like a guy that can't wait to get out there again and then he brings that kind of compete with it as well. That kind of competitiveness just takes you to the next level. He's going to be able to do what he does every level he reaches."
4. Conor Geekie (6-3, 193), F, Winnipeg (WHL)
2021-22: 59 games, 65 points (22 goals, 43 assists); one power-play goal
Best assets: Shot, power-forward game
Possible NHL comparable: Brock Nelson, New York Islanders forward
NHL Central Scouting analysis: "Very shifty in tight quarters and is hard to contain in all facets of the game. He's got excellent vision and playmaking ability along with puck management and doesn't panic when pressured. He's hard to contain with his high compete level. He needs time, but the potential is there since he can play any style you want. He's used in every situation … at the end of a game, if shorthanded, he's out there. From a coach's perspective, he's reliable and there's not a lot of those guys around with that skill who can be out there late in the game and be reliable."
5. Pavel Mintyukov (6-1, 192), D, Saginaw (OHL)
2021-22: 63 games, 56 points (17 goals, 39 assists); two power-play goals, three shorthanded goals
Best assets: Skating, competitiveness
Possible NHL comparable: Mikhail Sergachev, Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman
NHL Central Scouting analysis: "Pavel plays a mature game. He's a very polished player, coming over from Russia and playing in a new league with new teammates. You don't always know how well or how quick a player is going to adapt and he's a guy that has come in and has been an impact player immediately for Saginaw. He's a top-pairing defenseman that plays in every situation, crunches minutes, excels on the power play, plays penalty kill and is on the ice at crucial points of the game. For a draft-eligible player to really have that type of impact is impressive."

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 30 2022 12:29am
Gold: 6,062.79
May 3 2022 12:15pm
Chuck fletcher announced sam morin’s playing career is over

Tough break
May 3 2022 01:12pm
Quote (jackzors @ May 3 2022 02:15pm)
Chuck fletcher announced sam morin’s playing career is over

Tough break

yeah
Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
During his media address, PHI GM Chuck Fletcher said Samuel Morin will not be able to continue his career because there is too much damage to the knee. Team will discuss a job in the organization. Tough to see, Morin put in the work to come back time after time.

sucks i liked morin he definitely kept putting in the work to play but its like his knee just couldnt support that big ass body above it and he never looked that bad when he did play guy had a lot of potential
glad to see they want to keep him around in the org though guy seems like a good guy that just got super unlucky

"Tremendous kid, huge heart, huge determination," Fletcher said. "Did everything he could to be a player; no one appreciated being a hockey player better than Sam Morin. But there's just, unfortunately, too much damage to the knee to resurrect his career."

did they say yeo wont be returning at all? that was rumoured last night to be happening today
where can i watch? i never know where these things are they arent on flyers site or anything ever

ooh i guess they did cause nhl.com has it
https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-yeo-fired-by-philadelphia/c-333700988
not going to lie its not yeos fault he did decent but i feel like if we kept him as the HC after this season the fans would just be salty
sounds like they wouldnt mind keeping him in the org maybe as assistant coach like he was i think that could be a good idea with a new head coach the palyers seem to like him and hes not bad nobody woulda did good with what he had

This post was edited by dragoneth on May 3 2022 01:27pm
May 7 2022 11:01pm
Flyers sign G Ivan Fedotov to entry-level contract :thumbsup:
hes a bit older at 25 but he been playing in the khl for like 6 years and putting up pretty solid numbers
little while ago before the olympics i even seen some claims he was the best goalie outside of the nhl and he had a good olympics led his team to the khl championship

my main thing was being in the khl that long does he even want to come to NA or is he a russia for lifer but apparently if he signed an ELC hes willing to come to NA
should be some good competition for the #2 goalie between sandstrom and fedotov and whoever gets it they are both on ELC so that helps cap wise

This post was edited by dragoneth on May 7 2022 11:03pm
Gold: 0.00
May 10 2022 03:00pm

Ooof
May 11 2022 01:14am
Quote (Chadzle @ May 10 2022 05:00pm)

not that big of an oof tbh like the whole team was - we had the 3rd worse goal differential in the league lol

yandle was -47 -10 more then the 2nd highest - player and if he played all 82 games he woulda probably been like -15+ more
if he was on the ice the forwards pretty much took a -1 lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on May 11 2022 01:16am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1318319320321322340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll