d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1305306307308309340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Nov 15 2021 05:09pm
Philadelphia Flyers@NHLFlyers 4h
Injury update: Per AV, Flyers defenseman Ryan Ellis suffered a re-injury on Saturday vs. Dallas and is now considered week-to-week.

i figured he was a bit injury prone but jesus he came back for one game
must have been too early or AV playing him for 19 mins was too much in the first game back

and it took like 2 weeks to get back to being healthy this time smfh
half the comments are saying put him on LTIR trade for another d man and kucherov him for the playoffs lmao
Gold: 468.00
Nov 16 2021 07:56pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Nov 13 2021 09:20am)
its hard to say his play has been pretty bad and they have been juggling him in and out of the line up for brown
but it is likely hayes was able to return on weds and hes been skating with the team and i believe travelled with them for this road trip so hes gotta be close

what do you think of risto? hes starting to look pretty good i think hes finding his groove in the system
so far im happy we got him specially with ellis out braun has been the one to really step up but having sanheim-risto has been nice stabilty for us as the 2nd pair not as inconsistent as last season

once we get hayes and ellis back we should be a really tough team to beat

what do you think of the off season moves? in general i feel like they were good moves i wanted to keep myers but bringing in ellis and risto isnt looking too bad
atkinson is great i love this guy the fight this guy plays with man you cant beat that its a total 180 to voraceks play which was needed
macewen has been a solid waiver pickup too this guys outplaying majority of our depth guys ive been impressed by him i wasnt expecting that from a waiver pick up at all

jones surprised the hell out of me too so far after the preseason i thought he was going to lose his backup to sandstrom but hes come out in the season looking like a new goalie like he was just fucking with us in the preseason

Loved the offseason moves to be honest, they were risky but thats what i liked about them. I think getting cam for jakub was a STEAL too (easy to say now)
Jones has suprised the hell out of me, im still weary but he has definetly shown he can be a good backup. Hart has redeemed his self for sure.
Nov 16 2021 08:21pm
Quote (MC101 @ Nov 16 2021 08:56pm)
Loved the offseason moves to be honest, they were risky but thats what i liked about them. I think getting cam for jakub was a STEAL too (easy to say now)
Jones has suprised the hell out of me, im still weary but he has definetly shown he can be a good backup. Hart has redeemed his self for sure.

how do you feel about ellis being hurt again after 1 game i see a lot of fans raging in the flyers tweet about it saying were stuck with adamaged good basically an injury prone old guy for 6 more years
but tbh patrick has 1 goal and is on LTIR with an "upper body inury" that could be the migraines back i liked myers but ristolainen is looking much better and made that 2nd pair consistently good so far
ands yeah the goalies is nice to see i expected hart to rebound but i really thought jones was going to struggle but hes proven me wrong which is great

hayes just went off straight to the room hurt

jvr just took his glove off and punched coleman in the helmet and on the way to the box he grabbed his stick then took it off and was closing and opening his hand wonder if he broke it :unsure:

This post was edited by dragoneth on Nov 16 2021 08:30pm
Nov 24 2021 06:04pm
with hayes and brassard out frost gets the call up

g-couts-konecny
farabee-frost-atkinson
jvr-laughton-macewen
lindblom-thompson-willman

provorov-ristolainen
seeler-sanheim
yandle-braun

the flyers lines
risto on the 1st pair :O

This post was edited by dragoneth on Nov 24 2021 06:18pm
Nov 27 2021 09:18pm
apparently thompson is hurt so were down another center
hayes+brassard+thompson

some good news though sam morin was seen skating with the skills coach :thumbsup:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1464625755992768512

but considering we were 1 guy short on the roster already due to the cap getting all these injuries has to be messing with shit

also tues game is postponed

This post was edited by dragoneth on Nov 27 2021 09:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 28 2021 11:24pm
Whats up boys, just showing off my new signature. GO FLYERS!

This post was edited by Bob_Smith on Nov 28 2021 11:25pm
Gold: 6,062.79
Nov 28 2021 11:59pm
brutal last few games**

the pp is horrid

This post was edited by jackzors on Nov 29 2021 12:00am
Nov 29 2021 06:34am
Quote (jackzors @ Nov 29 2021 12:59am)
brutal last few games**

the pp is horrid

were missing some key guys for long period and just had a streak of games vs some of the top teams
it woulda been nice to get a win vs njd though

but yeah the pp is horrible it needs to be changed like total structure of it its too predictable and its not doing shit
like they said yesterday flyers have more SHG in their lst 11 games then PPG ...thats fuckin sad time to start putting the penalty killers on the pp

but for real i fel like fletch should maybe trade for another d man cause if ellis is injury prone like we dont have the depth to constantly fill his hole thats left behind were kinda where we were last season if hes out
but with risto instead of myers and no hagg for 3rd pair

but we dont have cap space so somebody would have to go

This post was edited by dragoneth on Nov 29 2021 06:47am
Dec 1 2021 07:46am
listening to fletcher interview on flyers site
he was asked is michel therrien has the ability to fix the powerplay

then hes like "the biggest thing we have to fix right now is coaching is a part of it but"
i like how he threw "coaching is a part of it" i wonder if they are on the hot seat or at least therrien cause the pp is at an all time bad

he also said he thinks its a personnel problem on the powerplay and pretty much blamed the D saying we dont have the highest scoring defenseman
and when asked if he could maybe bring in somebody to help the pp he said hes looking but its hard to find guys like that that are available

imo the pp is just the same shit every year giroux on the left side and they pass it around for 2 mns when they do get set up in the zone
giroux used to one timer it and score a lot but now hes constantly got 2 guys on him blocking lanes hes got no shot 9/10 times and the passes are hard to get through and the other 4 players cant seem to do shit without giroux
they need a new set up and keep guys moving around teams know to stack 2 guys on girouxs side and the pp aint doing shit if you want to have giroux be the guy still you need t change the set up for it and not just put him on the right side

put him down low behind the net or something so they can pass to him and crash the net and he can wrap around/pass
left side right side... it doesnt matter they just put 2 guy in the lanes and only option he has is pass to the point and they just pass it around back and forth

like the reason ovi works so good there is cause the caps use the 4 other players to pass and draw the d men to them then pass it to a wide open ovechkin
the flyers its the opposite they give it to giroux and there like do something with it with all these defenders on you
even that probably isnt even that bad if the other players make an effort to move and get into an open lane for a pass half the time they just stand around expecting giroux to finesse it through like 3-4 guys

This post was edited by dragoneth on Dec 1 2021 08:06am
Dec 1 2021 10:52am
Philadelphia Flyers@NHLFlyers 4m
“I feel better now than I did all of last season.” -
@KevinPHayes12 is feeling good and is ready to get back in the lineup.

thats good cause we need him but lets hope they arent rushing him in for him to get hurt again
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1305306307308309340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll