d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1275276277278279340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 26 2019 09:38am
ex nhler Nick Schultz to join team in Player Development
Schultz concluded a 15-year, 1,069-game NHL career in 2017
could be pretty good to have guys been around for a while lol

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-make-additions-to-hockey-operations-staff--philadelphia-flyers/c-308065242

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 26 2019 09:39am
Jun 26 2019 11:28pm
Flyers re-sign G Brian Elliott to one-year extension
2m

i like it he was our best goalie when healthy and seems like a reasonable amount
hopefully hart gets majority of the load and elliot can just be a solid #2 who doesnt play as many games keeping him healthier
although if he does get hurt we got lyon as the #3 whos not too bad

also on nhl.com on the top free agents they got flyers as a potential destination for panarin/pavelski/simmonds/williams
they also had us as a potential spot for cam ward but i guess thats out of the picture now with elliot

imagine if we were able to get panarin or pavelski :drool:
all in all im just glad we didnt keep talbot around guy looked like straight ass mentor or not he would cost us games as a backup where elliot can win us games

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 26 2019 11:30pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 27 2019 07:35pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 25 2019 08:03pm)
The Philadelphia Flyers have issued qualifying offers to the following four players, and as a result, will retain their negotiating rights: Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Travis Konecny, Scott Laughton and Ivan Provorov.
expected but something not expected was
The Flyers did not issue qualifying offers to the following players:

F - Justin Bailey
i thought bailey was pretty good depth guy and still decent age surprised there just letting him walk :unsure:

Wonder how much Provorov will get paid.
Jun 27 2019 08:04pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Jun 27 2019 09:35pm)
Wonder how much Provorov will get paid.

yeah him and konecny are both going to probably want some big pay upgrades
if sanheim got a 3m bridge provy rob gets like 5ish bridge or higher longer term
im hoping they are done before the 1st so we know that fletcher doeesnt go crazy in FA frenzy mode

we HAD lots of capspace but that fuckin hayes deal puts us pretty close to the cap once we sign all our rfa over the next couple of seasons

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 27 2019 08:26pm
Jul 5 2019 07:32am
any of u philly guys go to the prospect camp at all?
all the highlights and stuff ive see of frost ...guy looks like hes got so much skill
havnt seen much of any other prospcts so if u went lmk how they look
Gold: 1,533.81
Jul 6 2019 03:05pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jul 5 2019 09:32am)
any of u philly guys go to the prospect camp at all?
all the highlights and stuff ive see of frost ...guy looks like hes got so much skill
havnt seen much of any other prospcts so if u went lmk how they look

Other than Frost, who imo is the first flyers prospect (Other than Hart) since watching Giroux in Gatineau that reminds me of a potential franchise talent.

Rubtsov looked good and Brink was a surprise.
Jul 6 2019 04:16pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Jul 6 2019 05:05pm)
Other than Frost, who imo is the first flyers prospect (Other than Hart) since watching Giroux in Gatineau that reminds me of a potential franchise talent.

Rubtsov looked good and Brink was a surprise.

yeah rubtsov seems to be developing pretty good from what ive seen(not much) i wasnt to sure on that pick
when he was drafted he was one of the players on the russian team caught doping with a substance that wasnt illegal at time of use but became illegal and was in his system
i wondered if that would effect his game not using that and if he would bust glad to see he seems to be improving still

and yeah everytime i see frost highlights it gives me a semi this kid looks unreal the raw talent he has is insane he looks like the real deal

and yeah brink is a player thats supposedly got a lot of skill too his main flaw is his skating which is usually something that can be fixed over time he was projected 1st round so he could be a steal in the 2nd

how did wade allison look? hes somebdoy im interested in 2nd round pick seems seems like a big guy thats supposed to be a pretty good scorer
been in ncaa for a couple of seasons pretty good numbers some guys have come out of ncaa straight into the nhl wondering if hes going to be one of those guys or not but i think last season he had injuries
hes 21 and i think doing a 4th ncaa season and not coming to the ahl so hes commiting to school usually not really a fan of that but our ahl team is already getting pretty deep with a bunch of prospects that hextall drafted
Jul 14 2019 10:04am
Longtime Philadelphia Flyers senior executive Paul Holmgren will take on a new role as Senior Advisor to Dave Scott, Comcast Spectacor Chairman and CEO and Governor of the Philadelphia Flyers, and Flyers General Manager Chuck Fletcher. Holmgren, who has served as Flyers President for the last five years and in many other leadership roles over the course of a remarkable 40-year tenure with the organization, will support the team's leadership in this new role, utilizing his unparalleled level of experience and strong relationships throughout the league. Under the new leadership structure, Fletcher takes on the new title of President of Hockey Operations and General Manager for the Flyers, and now reports directly to Scott.

tl:dr
homlgren promoted so that fletcher could be promoted to President of Hockey Operations and General Manager
sounds like they are giving fletcher full control or the roster and holmgren got promoted to a guy that doesnt make decisions just gets $$ which could be good

also we got laughton extended 2year 2.3 per pretty solid

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jul 14 2019 10:07am
Gold: 8,732.50
Jul 17 2019 04:02pm

The Flyers are right near the middle, which is exactly where they almost always end up. If you do a list and the Flyers aren’t painfully mediocre, you’ve probably messed up somewhere along the way.

The Flyers have a plethora of deals that appear to be bad value – three of which came onto the books this summer in Kevin Hayes, Justin Braun and Matt Niskanen – but four deals that save them from themselves. My model rated the Sean Couturier deal as the third-best in hockey and that alone gives the team a lot of leeway. Claude Giroux doesn’t come as cheap, but $8.3 million is still a discount for his services. On defence, Travis Sanheim’s bridge deal is going to be a steal, while Shayne Gostisbehere, despite his warts, is still a great asset on his current contract.

off topic
TIL horvat's 2nd cousin is Travis konecny?!

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 17 2019 04:27pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1275276277278279340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll