d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1254255256257258340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,995.01
Sep 25 2018 10:30am
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Sep 25 2018 08:29am)
Mascot should have played last night. Flyers playing most of their starters lost to a Bruins team with nobody playing. Elliot looked like garbage.

elliot got what his first pre season game after recovering from surgery? yeah hes prob going to be a bit rusty
hopefully he steps his game up for the season and gets in a groove

"most of their starters" they also had bubble guy like vorobyov centering the 1st line he might be our 3c but not our 1c
the bottom 6 is pretty much 5 4th liners fighting for a spot i think this is the first game these d pairings were together

i mean it happens we had the better team and lost but its a preseason game who cares? its literally got 0 value except for players fighting for spots and chemistry building

Quote (Garz97 @ Sep 25 2018 11:35am)
I've accepted the goalie situation is going to be shit until Hart is ready, and is going to hold the team back until it's time for him to be the starter.

yeah..
i was kinda hoping for stolarz to take over as a young guy but that season long injury last season seems to have seriously derailed this guys development and play
were probably gong to have to stick with elliot and neuvy for this season unless hart becomes ready which is possible guy looked like the best goalie in the preseason
next season i feel like were going to be rocking hart either way though both guys come off contract and its time ot use the guys in the system

This post was edited by dragoneth on Sep 25 2018 10:33am
Gold: 23,685.49
Sep 25 2018 10:36am
Quote (dragoneth @ Sep 25 2018 12:30pm)
elliot got what his first pre season game after recovering from surgery? yeah hes prob going to be a bit rusty
hopefully he steps his game up for the season and gets in a groove

"most of their starters" they also had bubble guy like vorobyov centering the 1st line he might be our 3c but not our 1c
the bottom 6 is pretty much 5 4th liners fighting for a spot i think this is the first game these d pairings were together

i mean it happens we had the better team and lost but its a preseason game who cares? its literally got 0 value except for players fighting for spots and chemistry building

yeah..
i was kinda hoping for stolarz to take over as a young guy but that season long injury last season seems to have seriously derailed this guys development and play
were probably gong to have to stick with elliot and neuvy for this season unless hart becomes ready which is possible guy looked like the best goalie in the preseason
next season i feel like were going to be rocking hart either way though both guys come off contract and its time ot use the guys in the system

second and he sucked in both

Coots and Simmonds were the only two who didn't play. Did you even watch the game? They looked like a pile of dog shit.
Sep 25 2018 10:44am
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Sep 25 2018 12:36pm)
second and he sucked in both

Coots and Simmonds were the only two who didn't play. Did you even watch the game? They looked like a pile of dog shit.

nah i missed it
who cares how they looked? they looked good in other preseason games and these arent even the lines were going to be rocking come season
we have 1 line that we think is going to play and this whole preseason has build to build chemistry and imo its not there our 2nd line isnt going to work as is with jvr-patrick-voracek

until couts and simmer are healthy we got no idea what the lines are going to look like how the teams going to play
goaltending is probably pretty shitty looking sounds like they were expecting neuvy to be the #1 and then he got hurt elliot just got back from surgery recover stolarz last season played like 5-10 games maybe
goalie wise we might be in more trouble then last year with the same guys unless they "rush" hart or stolarz shows what he showed pre injury ill never be super comfortable with elliot+neuvy but its what we got and look how mrazek turned out
there both old and injury prone they have shown some damn good play but to rely on them is never a good situation to be in but atleast we got 2 young guys that can potentially jump in and take over if needed

hart imo looks pretty ready hes by far been the best flyers goalie in preseason games and stolarz hopefully some ahl time gets his game back on track to where it was

This post was edited by dragoneth on Sep 25 2018 10:49am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 27 2018 04:28pm
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1615724

There really is just something creepy about this mascot.
Sep 27 2018 05:08pm
carter hart startng tonight and supposed to play the full game
excitedgirl.gif
Oct 1 2018 07:48am
On Sunday, Hextall elaborated on Vorobyev's excellent preseason.

"Quite frankly, he's knocked the door down," Hextall said on Thursday.
"He came in and made an impact, and that's what you're looking for with young players. He's a real good two-way player. With many young players, you worry about the defensive side of the puck."
Offensively, Vorobyev produced seven points during the preseason, while dressing in seven of eight games.

i saw most of the preseason games and he looked really skilled im excited to see what he can bring to our team some of the plays he made were really impressive the guy can pass the puck
Oct 3 2018 03:59am
we claimed pickard from the leafs on waivers and this is our opening night roster and what i expect the lines to be
idk with the d i think those will sort themselves out based on whos playing best because hagg could be a top 4 but had a slow start in preseason maybe end up with a sanheim-hagg 2nd pair
im not sure if they like better gudas or folin better they might be alternating 6-7 guys because we know hakstol loves him some macD

we have too many goalies if we go elliot/neuvirth thats stolarz/lyon/hart/pickard? in ahl so 2 guys get shafted unless neuvirth+lyon are out for a while or somebody is getting traded/sent to echl team lol
im trying to figure out where pickard fits into this that waiver claim makes shit really interesting

28 - Claude Giroux LW-14 - Sean Couturier C-11 - Travis Konecny RW
25 - James van Riemsdyk LW -19 - Nolan Patrick C-93 - Jakub Voracek RW
23 - Oskar Lindblom LW-24 - Mikhail Vorobyev C-17 - Wayne Simmonds RW
12 - Michael Raffl LW-21 - Scott Laughton C-40 - Jordan Weal C/RW
15 - Jori Lehtera C/LW-22 - Dale Weise RW-weise was waived on the 1st but not sent to ahl i think they were hoping somebody claimed him :lol:
DEFENSEMEN (7)
9 - Ivan Provorov-53 - Shayne Gostisbehere
6 - Travis Sanheim-47 - Andrew MacDonald
8 - Robert Hagg-26 - Christian Folin/3 - Radko Gudas
GOALTENDERS (2)
37 - Brian Elliott
41 - Anthony Stolarz

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 3 2018 04:10am
Gold: 23,685.49
Oct 3 2018 06:14pm
Pickard has to be on the nhl team the first 10 games
Oct 3 2018 06:29pm
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Oct 3 2018 08:14pm)
Pickard has to be on the nhl team the first 10 games

he must appear in 10 games or be on the roster for 30 days
but yeah that makes things interesting maybe they dont like stolarz as the backup and want to send him down and pickard allows for that
but then its hart+stolarz in the ahl whos the starter

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 3 2018 06:31pm
Oct 4 2018 06:33am
The Flyers practiced primarily with the line groups of:
Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
van Riemsdyk-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Lehtera-Raffl

James van Riemsdyk has been seen on both Patrick's line and with Vorobyev in the preseason. From all accounts at practice today, he will start with Vorobyev. Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol said that while the lines aren't quite concrete, the versatility of some players, most notably van Riemsdyk, is a huge bonus heading into the season.

HAKSTOL: "I haven't decided who are six defenseman will be for tomorrow..."

What was used at practice were the following pairings: Gostisbehere-Provorov, MacDonald-Hagg & Sanheim-Gudas with Christian Folin filling in on certain drills.

hextalls take on pickard " neuvy and alex are out stolie hasnt played real hockey in almost a year and elliots coming off surgery and pickard adds a good depth option
he said if he comes tm (4th) they would have to make a roster move so stolie likely get sent to ahl

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
van Riemsdyk-Vorobyev-Simmonds
Laughton-Lehtera-Raffl

Gostisbehere-Provorov,
MacDonald-Hagg
Sanheim-Gudas
Folin

This post was edited by dragoneth on Oct 4 2018 06:33am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1254255256257258340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll