d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Age of Conan > Thinking About Trying Aoc
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 455.26
Warn: 30%
May 24 2011 06:53pm
I've been on the hunt for a new MMO. Kind of over WoW. Is AoC any good? i've only done a couple of the first quests.
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2011 04:17am
It's good.. but after Tortage you'll most likely want to have someone to play with.

I'm not saying it's something you _need_ most of the time.. It's more like after about lvl 30, you'll want to seek out a Guild, possibly start doing raids, instances, so forth, you know. But AoC has been said to be a MMORPG you really can play alone most of the time, which is true. Depends on what kind of player you are I guess.

This post was edited by PryoMann on May 25 2011 04:20am
Gold: 455.26
Warn: 30%
May 25 2011 04:55pm
Quote (PryoMann @ May 25 2011 02:17am)
It's good.. but after Tortage you'll most likely want to have someone to play with.

I'm not saying it's something you _need_ most of the time.. It's more like after about lvl 30, you'll want to seek out a Guild, possibly start doing raids, instances, so forth, you know. But AoC has been said to be a MMORPG you really can play alone most of the time, which is true. Depends on what kind of player you are I guess.

Eh. im kind of over the single player MMO's. I just quit WoW after 6 years =\
Gold: 1,766.12
May 27 2011 01:22pm
well, it's true that until lvl 80 it is sometimes hard to find groups for instances. However you reach level cap 80 in less than a week if u play like 2 hours per day. AT 80 u will always find groups.

PvP is very frustrating at start cause it is also Level based and here it takes quite a while to get up. A PvP 10 player (usually he will by then also be able to REALLY play his class) is for a low level then unbeatable. However when you made it through, it is the best PvP I have ever witnessed.

THis is due to the unique combat system, especially for Meelees. Nevertheless, it is PvE where the game really shines....and it really outshines every other MMO in my opinion. Great graphics causing superb atmosphere mixed with a really interesting & exciting story line. The setting and the bloodiness also adds a distinctive and more mature flavour to the game then any other MMOs.

Community on Mitra is also very mature. However, when it comes to PvP you have of course egocentric idiots, but I guess that's how it is in every game.

I can only recommend the game. It's the best MMO I've played so far and should also receive a new marketing boost with the upcoming Conan Movie.
Gold: 85,000.00
May 29 2011 02:12am
Quote (MadCaddy85 @ May 27 2011 03:22pm)
well, it's true that until lvl 80 it is sometimes hard to find groups for instances. However you reach level cap 80 in less than a week if u play like 2 hours per day. AT 80 u will always find groups.

PvP is very frustrating at start cause it is also Level based and here it takes quite a while to get up. A PvP 10 player (usually he will by then also be able to REALLY play his class) is for a low level then unbeatable. However when you made it through, it is the best PvP I have ever witnessed.

THis is due to the unique combat system, especially for Meelees. Nevertheless, it is PvE where the game really shines....and it really outshines every other MMO in my opinion. Great graphics causing superb atmosphere mixed with a really interesting & exciting story line. The setting and the bloodiness also adds a distinctive and more mature flavour to the game then any other MMOs.

Community on Mitra is also very mature. However, when it comes to PvP you have of course egocentric idiots, but I guess that's how it is in every game.

I can only recommend the game. It's the best MMO I've played so far and should also receive a new marketing boost with the upcoming Conan Movie.

wall of text
Gold: 3,415.00
Jun 20 2011 09:12am
It was ok.. but just seemed to be missing something when i tried it...
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jun 20 2011 05:49pm
AoC was one of my FAVORITE mmos when it was released. The PvP aspect was so fun, and I just had some of the best times of my gaming career playing AoC with some buddies and just ganking the crap out of people. GRIEFING ALL DAY. I hate WoW carebears..
Gold: 2,585.00
Jul 21 2011 12:21am
well i've tryed but didint liked atleast the start of the game.

but i dont know endgame content then, but most ppl says theres not enough instanses/raids what's actualy problem also at wow and thats why i quited.

This post was edited by Teroz on Jul 21 2011 12:21am
Gold: 1,439.61
Jul 21 2011 02:01pm
not enough raids instances??? wow you should try it for more than a week befor giving up, there are plenty of new dungeons with the expansion
Gold: 14,265.00
Aug 3 2011 06:22pm
a great game a must have i think graphics are so awesome the music is so dam cool and game play is wicked to you dont just spam four keys most class all have combos great game get it and play it now

Go Back To Age of Conan Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll