d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Streaming Music Through Vent > A Radio Station
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,227.37
May 18 2011 11:41pm
OK, I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to stream a radio station through vent. I have a music bot already using winamp that can play music through vent but im wondering how to stream an actual radio staion through vent. (IE. BBC Radio 1)

Lmk if anyone knows how to do it :(
Gold: 11,853.00
May 18 2011 11:44pm
Set your input to Stereo mix.
Turn off the PTT hotkey.
Set your sensitivity to Zero.
Set silence time to .5

Stream the music and everyone will hear what you hear.

e: Keep in mind that if you use stereo mix they can hear everything you hear. That includes pop-up noises, game sounds etc.

This post was edited by iTunes on May 18 2011 11:46pm
May 18 2011 11:47pm
Quote (iTunes @ May 19 2011 01:44am)
Set your input to Stereo mix.
Turn off the PTT hotkey.
Set your sensitivity to Zero.

Stream the music and everyone will hear what you hear.

e: Keep in mind that if you use stereo mix they can hear everything you hear. That includes pop-up noises, game sounds etc.

I actually looked at a tutorial that did that, I didnt like the idea of everything being able to be heard though. I currently stream Winamp through vent and it ONLY streams the music, no external sounds.

Also, i tried to go to my audio options and set the input to stereo mix but couldnt find it. Could you direct me where to find it? Im running Win 7

Quote (Termn8tin_Cobra @ May 19 2011 01:48am)
Instructions
Things You'll Need
Music-playback application
Music files

Open the Ventrilo program and log into your desired server. Click on the button labeled "Setup." If the "Use Push to Talk Hotkey" checkbox is filled, clear it.

Open the "Start" menu and select "Control Panels." Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel. Locate the panel labeled "Device Volume" in the "Volume" tab. Click on the button labeled "Advanced."

Open the "Options" menu and select "Properties." Click on the radio button labeled "Recording." Fill the checkbox labeled "Stereo Mixer." Click on the button labeled "OK;" the "Recording Control" window will now open.

Click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Stereo Mixer" heading. Adjust the slider controls as desired; this setting will determine how loud your music will play over Ventrilo. Leave the Recording Control window open.

Activate Ventrilo and click on the "Mute Sound" button in the lower-left corner; this will prevent your computer from playing back the sounds generated by other people on the server while you stream your music.

Open your music-playback application. Select and play your desired song. When you no longer wish to stream music on Ventrilo, click on the "Recording Control" window and click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Microphone" heading. Reenable push-to-talk capabilities from within Ventrilo's Setup window if desired.

Leave your music-playback application and the Recording Control window open for easy access when playing games. Press "Alt+Tab" or the "Windows" key to navigate to these windows while your game is running.

Read more: How to Stream Music on Ventrilo | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how%5F4965151%5Fstream-music-ventrilo.html#ixzz1Mm4nfdwq

i Actually have that exact tutorial up right now lol.

This post was edited by Paintball91 on May 18 2011 11:50pm
Gold: 69,537.73
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2011 11:48pm
Instructions
Things You'll Need
Music-playback application
Music files

Open the Ventrilo program and log into your desired server. Click on the button labeled "Setup." If the "Use Push to Talk Hotkey" checkbox is filled, clear it.

Open the "Start" menu and select "Control Panels." Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel. Locate the panel labeled "Device Volume" in the "Volume" tab. Click on the button labeled "Advanced."

Open the "Options" menu and select "Properties." Click on the radio button labeled "Recording." Fill the checkbox labeled "Stereo Mixer." Click on the button labeled "OK;" the "Recording Control" window will now open.

Click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Stereo Mixer" heading. Adjust the slider controls as desired; this setting will determine how loud your music will play over Ventrilo. Leave the Recording Control window open.

Activate Ventrilo and click on the "Mute Sound" button in the lower-left corner; this will prevent your computer from playing back the sounds generated by other people on the server while you stream your music.

Open your music-playback application. Select and play your desired song. When you no longer wish to stream music on Ventrilo, click on the "Recording Control" window and click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Microphone" heading. Reenable push-to-talk capabilities from within Ventrilo's Setup window if desired.

Leave your music-playback application and the Recording Control window open for easy access when playing games. Press "Alt+Tab" or the "Windows" key to navigate to these windows while your game is running.

Read more: How to Stream Music on Ventrilo | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4965151_stream-music-ventrilo.html#ixzz1Mm4nfdwq

(Link approved by TCL)

This post was edited by Termn8tin_Cobra on May 18 2011 11:53pm
May 18 2011 11:50pm
Quote (Paintball91 @ May 19 2011 01:47am)
I actually looked at a tutorial that did that, I didnt like the idea of everything being able to be heard though. I currently stream Winamp through vent and it ONLY streams the music, no external sounds.

Also, i tried to go to my audio options and set the input to stereo mix but couldnt find it. Could you direct me where to find it? Im running Win 7

I just figured you'd want the easiest method possible.

To enable Stereo Mix:
  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Hardware & Sound
  • Manage Audio Devices
  • Click recording tab
  • Right click the screen and select "Display disabled devices"
  • Enable Stereo mix
  • Enjoy

e: That's how to do it on Vista outside of Classic View. I don't know how to do it on W7.

This post was edited by iTunes on May 18 2011 11:52pm
May 18 2011 11:53pm
Quote (iTunes @ May 19 2011 01:50am)
I just figured you'd want the easiest method possible.

To enable Stereo Mix:
  • Start
  • Control Panel
  • Hardware & Sound
  • Manage Audio Devices
  • Click recording tab
  • Right click the screen and select "Display disabled devices"
  • Enable Stereo mix
  • Enjoy

e: That's how to do it on Vista outside of Classic View. I don't know how to do it on W7.

Tried that exactly and there is no Stereo mix that pops up. :(

Im also using a Laptop. may be different from a desktop.
May 18 2011 11:53pm
Quote (Paintball91 @ May 19 2011 01:53am)
Tried that exactly and there is no Stereo mix that pops up. :(

Im also using a Laptop. may be different from a desktop.

Try this.

1. Click the Start Button, type "MMSYS.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

2. On Recording tab, right-click on the blank area

3. Check “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” and the Stereo Mix should show up.

If it is disabled, right click on it and choose Enable.

e: taken from here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpromedia/thread/73415150-ec9b-44ea-8119-a2ea4f901ca0

This post was edited by iTunes on May 18 2011 11:54pm
May 18 2011 11:56pm
Quote (iTunes @ May 19 2011 01:53am)
Try this.

:(
May 18 2011 11:57pm
Quote (Paintball91 @ May 19 2011 01:56am)
:(

I see my signature.

Give this one a shot:

In System Tray, click the speaker
- Click Mixer
- Click icon for Speakers
- In Speaker Properties>Levels Tab
- Un-mute Input Monitor

e: If that doesn't work, you could try updating your drivers to the latest revisions.

This post was edited by iTunes on May 18 2011 11:58pm
May 19 2011 01:02am
nothins working :(

If anyone has done this before, i just found out i can play the radio station through a web browser inside Winamp. is there any way to send the output of that browser through a VAC like a normal song i play?
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll