d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Official Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread
Prev1166116621663166416651793Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 455.69
Nov 29 2018 03:10pm
Quote (RiCCAY @ 29 Nov 2018 22:05)
I think their concept of "getting heat" is coming at the cost of entertaining tv. I mean there was nothing redeeming about that show. I tuned in for the IC title open challenge and when dolphs music hit i immediately switched over to xbox

I think Simon Miller of Whatculture said it best

Imagine you have a friend who has never watched wrestling before and wants to give it a try so he decided to watch the only announced title match for the night. You have a team of two really big strong men taking on a team of two very athletic and agile wrestlers. And the big guys win because their manager threw the other guy's robe in the toilet and pissed on it....
Gold: 3,200.00
Nov 29 2018 03:12pm
Quote (SCXiao @ Nov 29 2018 04:10pm)

:rofl:

Nailed it
Gold: 2,423.00
Nov 29 2018 03:45pm
Like a couple of weeks before Survivor Series and the weeks following, it's been nothing but heels getting heat. Every show. Heat here, heat there. Rollins probably the only babyface not getting steamrolled in actual matches.
Generic heel promos from Ambrose. Heel heat from Drew etc completely burying Finn Balor, who very well could be a baby face to build around since he still never had his rematch for the Universal Title.
I mean what storylines are there on Raw currently?
Drew wants Braun. But he can't do shit himself so it's really not a legitimate feud.
Finn Balor feuding with Drew and Corbin and Lashley meanwhile, because of Survivor Series stuff that don't matter. 100% next Raw we will see Drew + Lashley vs Finn + Elias.
Seth feuding with Ambrose that started off really well but was probably rushed due to the Roman stuff. So they're just winging it and it's coming off as super generic. Half of Ambrose's heel promos are about the city, not Seth.
That's basically the "main event".

In terms of Tag team division AoP manager Maverick is looking like a small fool and AoP aren't really getting slam dunk victories. It's basically AoP vs Gable + Roode at the moment since Revival for some reason cares about Lucha Houseparty or w/e we call them.
In the womens division it's Ronda vs Nia with Tamina as a mute sidekick that doesn't even deal damage. Bayley and Sasha nowhere near the title picture and are stuck feuding with Riott Squad. Add in Ember Moon, Alicia Fox, being squashed here and there, Natalya either coming to help Ronda one week or Bayley + Sasha the other week, whoever needs help obviously.

Nothing is really interesting.
Gold: 735.51
Nov 29 2018 04:03pm
really there are people with brain that follow this wwe shit?
Gold: 3,200.00
Nov 29 2018 05:29pm
Quote (umade @ Nov 29 2018 04:45pm)
Like a couple of weeks before Survivor Series and the weeks following, it's been nothing but heels getting heat. Every show. Heat here, heat there. Rollins probably the only babyface not getting steamrolled in actual matches.
Generic heel promos from Ambrose. Heel heat from Drew etc completely burying Finn Balor, who very well could be a baby face to build around since he still never had his rematch for the Universal Title.
I mean what storylines are there on Raw currently?
Drew wants Braun. But he can't do shit himself so it's really not a legitimate feud.
Finn Balor feuding with Drew and Corbin and Lashley meanwhile, because of Survivor Series stuff that don't matter. 100% next Raw we will see Drew + Lashley vs Finn + Elias.
Seth feuding with Ambrose that started off really well but was probably rushed due to the Roman stuff. So they're just winging it and it's coming off as super generic. Half of Ambrose's heel promos are about the city, not Seth.
That's basically the "main event".

In terms of Tag team division AoP manager Maverick is looking like a small fool and AoP aren't really getting slam dunk victories. It's basically AoP vs Gable + Roode at the moment since Revival for some reason cares about Lucha Houseparty or w/e we call them.
In the womens division it's Ronda vs Nia with Tamina as a mute sidekick that doesn't even deal damage. Bayley and Sasha nowhere near the title picture and are stuck feuding with Riott Squad. Add in Ember Moon, Alicia Fox, being squashed here and there, Natalya either coming to help Ronda one week or Bayley + Sasha the other week, whoever needs help obviously.

Nothing is really interesting.

Well said
Gold: 2,423.00
Nov 30 2018 03:43pm
Quote (niketn @ Nov 30 2018 12:03am)
really there are people with brain that follow this wwe shit?

As a kid we liked seeing it, and we still do, when it's properly put together. It's entertainment. Do you watch sports movies? It's the same.
Nov 30 2018 04:11pm
Quote (umade @ 30 Nov 2018 22:43)
As a kid we liked seeing it, and we still do, when it's properly put together. It's entertainment. Do you watch sports movies? It's the same.

The guy has an anime avatar and you take his wwe critique seriously? :lol:
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Nov 30 2018 05:21pm
Everything about becky now just streams badass

- Her entrance, so glad she doesnt have the ireland ish colors. now all black and it saying the man everywhere is fkin awesome
- Her wearing leather jacket & pants is badass af
- Her walking instead of running like her old entrance and then holding the title up in the air showing it off
- Her mic skillz
- Her facial expressions
- Her catchphrase the man for a woman is unique af

Shes awesome, really do hope they dont make her look weak or lose the title before mania

And Orton still going on rampage lol, but even tho him wanting to remove rey's mask is nice and he can destroy him and be violent af because rey so small and easy underdog, im just waiting for him to go fight for the world title again...been too long.
Or he gotta start destroying some newer talents, not old guys.

This post was edited by Nevada on Nov 30 2018 05:22pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Nov 30 2018 08:15pm
Quote (SCXiao @ Nov 29 2018 04:10pm)

Whataculture is trash unless you like scripted phony videos
Dec 3 2018 11:05pm
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1166116621663166416651793Next