d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Liverpool Football Club > You'll Never Walk Alone
Prev1637638639640641977Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 3 2017 11:44am
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 3 2017 05:16pm)
Welcome to Liverpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjjzB8qpYwc

Need to remember Pogba looked like a world record transfer fee player in that peasant league. He literally only has a left foot and keeps getting shown inside :wacko:
Gold: 57.00
Jun 3 2017 12:08pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 3 Jun 2017 13:44)
Need to remember Pogba looked like a world record transfer fee player in that peasant league. He literally only has a left foot and keeps getting shown inside :wacko:

Robben has made millions and won all the trophies doing that :D
I rate Salah, proper winger. How is he going to fit with Mane though? Or is Coutinho good as gone.
Gold: 3.33
Jun 3 2017 01:14pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ Jun 3 2017 06:44pm)

I was thinking that too about his left footedness. But if you're really quick it's still pretty difficult to stop, and like Chelsea said he's pretty good

Overall I'd say welcome to Liverpool salah, and Jeremy corbyn for PM
Gold: 30,000.00
Jun 3 2017 01:52pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 3 2017 07:14pm)
I was thinking that too about his left footedness. But if you're really quick it's still pretty difficult to stop, and like Chelsea said he's pretty good

Overall I'd say welcome to Liverpool salah, and Jeremy corbyn for PM

I'd welcome Salah, a very useful player to have. But I hope we start to focus on the back line. Our attacking line up is quite good, just need a proper striker.

From the back though, we need a better CB and need a proper LB. If we get those, we'll be well poised.
Jun 3 2017 03:14pm
Quote (A1R @ Jun 3 2017 08:52pm)
I'd welcome Salah, a very useful player to have. But I hope we start to focus on the back line. Our attacking line up is quite good, just need a proper striker.

From the back though, we need a better CB and need a proper LB. If we get those, we'll be well poised.

Yeah I agree, striker midfielder lb cb and gk. To replace Lovren I'm assuming?
Jun 3 2017 05:44pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jun 3 2017 09:14pm)
Yeah I agree, striker midfielder lb cb and gk. To replace Lovren I'm assuming?

Yep, Lovren replacement. Would prefer someone more commanding to organize the back line. Virgil Van Dijk has been circling the rumour mills.
A new goalkeeper would be good too. Schmeichel would be a great choice, but doubt he'd come to us.
Jun 4 2017 10:13am
Word on the street is that we've met the 40m euro asking price for Salah, which is £35m.

Pretty big investment by Liverpool standards, but a good addition to the team that's young and would have resale value if it didn't work out.

Priority now is a LB, then CB and ST, then GK. Wouldn't mind a central midfielder either but that would be the lowest priority, assuming Hendo is fine come August.

This post was edited by dro94 on Jun 4 2017 10:14am
Jun 4 2017 11:33pm
From what I'm seeing in transfer rumours, we've been linked with quite a few players for a while now:

Virgil van Dijk - Another Southampton player! Apparently we are battling it out with City for his signature. A player that could compliment Matip really well. The fee that's doing the rounds is 50m.

Timo Werner - We're in the market for a striker and from what I've read, Timo looks to be a decent player to have. Don't know too much about him but if he can do a job and fits Klopp's style, I'm all for it!

Naby Keita - With Henderson being injured a lot of last season, we're no doubt looking for CM reinforcement, especially with extra games through the CL. Naby looks to be a solid box to box midfielder.

Andrew Robertson - Don't know too much about him other than being a left back from Hull, but we are in the market for a LB and would come on the cheap. Would prefer if we went for someone like Chilwell as he seems a much better prospect.

With hopefully tying up a deal for Salah soon, these additions would definitely be welcome! Perhaps afterwards, a look into goalkeepers.

ST: Werner, Sturridge (assuming that he will stay, unlikely though), Firmino, Ings, Origi, Solanke

AM / Wingers - Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino (if not used as a striker), Lallana

CM - Keita, Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner (unless he's used as a LB), Lucas (assuming he stays), Grujic

Defenders - Van Dijk, Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez, Clyne, Robertson, Moreno

GK - Mignolet, Karius, Ward

A pretty good squad, plus mix in there some youth like Woodburn, Ojo, Alexander Arnold, we should be able to challenge both domestically and in Europe.

Might also see a number of players leave such as Sturridge, Lucas, Sakho, Markovic, possibly Moreno. Depending on how many leave, could look to fill those positions with prospects as well.

Hopefully we see some deals wrapped up early so that they have a full preseason together.
Jun 5 2017 03:24am
Quote (A1R @ Jun 5 2017 06:33am)
From what I'm seeing in transfer rumours, we've been linked with quite a few players for a while now:

Virgil van Dijk - Another Southampton player! Apparently we are battling it out with City for his signature. A player that could compliment Matip really well. The fee that's doing the rounds is 50m.

Timo Werner - We're in the market for a striker and from what I've read, Timo looks to be a decent player to have. Don't know too much about him but if he can do a job and fits Klopp's style, I'm all for it!

Naby Keita - With Henderson being injured a lot of last season, we're no doubt looking for CM reinforcement, especially with extra games through the CL. Naby looks to be a solid box to box midfielder.

Andrew Robertson - Don't know too much about him other than being a left back from Hull, but we are in the market for a LB and would come on the cheap. Would prefer if we went for someone like Chilwell as he seems a much better prospect.

With hopefully tying up a deal for Salah soon, these additions would definitely be welcome! Perhaps afterwards, a look into goalkeepers.

ST: Werner, Sturridge (assuming that he will stay, unlikely though), Firmino, Ings, Origi, Solanke

AM / Wingers - Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino (if not used as a striker), Lallana

CM - Keita, Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner (unless he's used as a LB), Lucas (assuming he stays), Grujic

Defenders - Van Dijk, Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez, Clyne, Robertson, Moreno

GK - Mignolet, Karius, Ward

A pretty good squad, plus mix in there some youth like Woodburn, Ojo, Alexander Arnold, we should be able to challenge both domestically and in Europe.

Might also see a number of players leave such as Sturridge, Lucas, Sakho, Markovic, possibly Moreno. Depending on how many leave, could look to fill those positions with prospects as well.

Hopefully we see some deals wrapped up early so that they have a full preseason together.

Van Dijk and Keita's asking prices are £50m each, not sure we can afford to pay that + match Van Dijk's wage offer from City and Chelsea which is £200k a week.

We've been linked with some Polish striker as well (forgot his name), who's got a really impressive goals record, but it's in the Belgian league. He'd only be £10m though so I'd probably just buy him.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 5 2017 05:22am
from what i heard from the leipzig manager rangnick, both werner and keita do not have a price tag
just saying :p
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1637638639640641977Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll