d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread
Prev1678910785Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 315.00
Jan 2 2011 03:19pm
6 win season :)
Gold: 0.00
Jan 2 2011 03:20pm
Lions 10-6 2011 season.
Gold: 109.75
Jan 2 2011 03:21pm
9-7 in 2011.
Jan 2 2011 03:28pm
Quote (Baptism09 @ Jan 2 2011 04:20pm)
Lions 10-6 2011 season.

Quote (blitzkrieg79 @ Jan 2 2011 04:21pm)
9-7 in 2011.

16-0 for sure
Gold: 0.01
Jan 4 2011 11:48pm
I'm predicting 11-5.

Couple of things must happen. Stafford must stay healthy. Logan must be resigned as well as Chris Houston. Draft Defense! Please no o-line unless its late in the draft. Jeff proved he could play LT this season. Sign veteran o-linemen and a third wide receiver (Lance Moore!?) and lets make a well deserved push deep into the playoffs next year.

Bleed Honolulu Blue and Silver.
Jan 6 2011 03:52pm
Lions Notes http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2011/1/5/1917606/lions-notes-martin-mayhew-talks-about-upcoming-offseason

--> Martin Mayhew met with the media today and answered a number of questions about the Lions' plans for the offseason. One of the most notable things from the press conference was that he confirmed Julian Peterson will be released. Mayhew said that he met with Peterson on Monday, thanked him for his two years with the Lions and informed him that the team is going to part ways with him this offseason. Another linebacker, Jordon Dizon, is apparently unlikely to be brought back next season as well, which surprises me a bit.

--> The Lions haven't decided what to do with Drew Stantonyet. Mayhew said he was pleased with Stanton's performance on the field, but him being injured so often is a concern.

--> Mayhew didn't outright say that Jason Hanson would be competing for his job next season, but he did say that the kicker position is one of many where the Lions are still formulating their plans for 2011.

--> Mayhew said that Chris Houston "is a guy that we definitely want back."

--> Mayhew holds himself to high standards, as he said that he's "got a lot of work to do" despite the Lions' strong finish and promising play this past season.

--> The Lions have six picks in the 2011 NFL Draft right now. (They are lacking a sixth-rounder.)

--> Jerome Felton, who will be a restricted free agent this offseason, wants to be used more by the Lions or go play somewhere else, not that that will necessarily be his choice since he isn't going to be an unrestricted free agent.

--> Tom Kowalski compiled a list of Lions players that are expected to be free agents this upcoming offseason (things could change if a new CBA is agreed to).

Restricted or exclusive rights -- RB Kevin Smith, DT Andre Fluellen, DE Cliff Avril, FB Jerome Felton, T Corey Hilliard

Four year veterans -- CB Chris Houston, QB Drew Stanton, DE Turk McBride, K Dave Rayner, S John Wendling, CB Brandon McDonald, WR Brian Clark, CB Tye Hill

Five year veterans -- LB Bobby Carpenter, G Dylan Gandy

Six-year veterans (and beyond) -- Safety C.C. Brown, CB Eric King, CB Nathan Vasher, LB Vinny Ciurciu, LB Landon Johnson

--> Matt Millen admitted in an interview that he "stunk" as GM of the Detroit Lions. In other news, the sky is blue.

--> Via Kevin Seifert, the Lions had the most difficult schedule in the NFC North this past season. Based on their 2011 opponents' records this season, the Lions are tied for having the third-most difficult schedule in the NFL next season.

--> Tom Lewand said recently in an interview that "there's no reason to believe" Matthew Stafford will be anything but 100 percent healthy going into next season.
Pro Football Talk's final power rankings of the 2010 season has the Lions ranked 14th.
John Clayton gave the Lions a B grade for the 2010 season.

This post was edited by LetsG0Blue on Jan 6 2011 03:54pm
Jan 9 2011 09:49pm
I was speaking with my friend whose a recruiter with the Detroit Lions and he confirmed Martin Mayhew will open his check-book to sign a shutdown-veteran cornerback.

Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, Fabian Washington, Brent Grimes (Will be paid by Falcons for sure) and Carlos Rogers were the cornerbacks he mentioned to me.

Leaves me at this conclusion how much will they pay? Unless we land Nnamdi or possibly Joseph I doubt we will offer anymore than 40-50 million with a 5-6 year stint.

I would like to see Fabian Washington and Carlos Rogers be signed. With the most likelihood Houston returns it will give our secondary youth and experience.

Leaves me at this... Whose out first pick the draft? They have to be looking at going with a linebacker. Possibly Ryan Kerrigan, Akeem Ayers, Robert Quinn, and Von Miller.

Even though I wouldn't mind trading back into the 20's and taking Greg Jones or Quan Sturdivant then converting them to Strong Out-side Linebacker.
Gold: 1,250.00
Jan 11 2011 12:36pm
I have high hopes for next year. :thumbsup:
Gold: 1,294.38
Jan 11 2011 12:37pm
quite an active thread. go lions!
Jan 11 2011 12:38pm
Quote (LetsG0Blue @ Jan 9 2011 10:49pm)
I was speaking with my friend whose a recruiter with the Detroit Lions and he confirmed Martin Mayhew will open his check-book to sign a shutdown-veteran cornerback.

Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, Fabian Washington, Brent Grimes (Will be paid by Falcons for sure) and Carlos Rogers were the cornerbacks he mentioned to me.

Leaves me at this conclusion how much will they pay? Unless we land Nnamdi or possibly Joseph I doubt we will offer anymore than 40-50 million with a 5-6 year stint.

I would like to see Fabian Washington and Carlos Rogers be signed. With the most likelihood Houston returns it will give our secondary youth and experience.

Leaves me at this... Whose out first pick the draft? They have to be looking at going with a linebacker. Possibly Ryan Kerrigan,  Akeem Ayers,  Robert Quinn, and Von Miller.

Even though I wouldn't mind trading back into the 20's and taking Greg Jones or  Quan Sturdivant then converting them to Strong Out-side Linebacker.

We will probably grab a OLB no matter what, even if we don't sign an shutdown CB. I'm pretty sure every1 is off the "fixing the o-line" hype. Might grab a O-lineman as a 3rd or 4th pick, nothing big though. I doubt we'd throw the money at Nnamdi, but that would be sick as shit. Would be sweet to see a gg corner though
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1678910785Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll