d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread
Prev1566567568569570786Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 375.50
Feb 20 2020 10:52pm
Quote (Queefy @ Feb 20 2020 09:47pm)
So they say Snacks still contemplating retirement, he'll decide after figuring out how he feels and how the market shapes up.

Inb4 he goes to a good team and is lights out. Would be so lions for that to happen.

Tru
Feb 20 2020 10:58pm
This snacks retirement really.making me ponder a slay decision.

I can see why to pay him
I could see trade him for a pick

Mike daniels prolly gone. Hooe he stays
Ashawn gone. Was hoping. Hed be an anchor
Gold: 1,250.00
Feb 21 2020 08:57am
I'm preparing for yet another year of mediocrity at best. What scares me is if they win 7 or 8 games and Martha decides that's enough improvement to keep these clowns.
Gold: 32,090.31
Feb 22 2020 09:39am
Insight into rehab/medical team.

Your job is to fix them up and protect your patient but you also have the player who wants to get back out there plus the coach/owner/fans/etc coming down on your ass for not getting the star back out there fast enough. For all of you saying the medical team sucks for letting them play, imagine the other side of thousands of people on social media proclaiming the medical team is trash for not getting them out there faster.

Most above average players will always come back early because of this and there’s just nothing you can do when you’re paying someone millions of dollars and you’re trying to win now.

Zion was actually a good example of how they kept him out past the date they said he’d be back and he came back fully healthy. That’s very rare.
Feb 22 2020 03:36pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Feb 22 2020 10:39am)
Insight into rehab/medical team.

Your job is to fix them up and protect your patient but you also have the player who wants to get back out there plus the coach/owner/fans/etc coming down on your ass for not getting the star back out there fast enough. For all of you saying the medical team sucks for letting them play, imagine the other side of thousands of people on social media proclaiming the medical team is trash for not getting them out there faster.

Most above average players will always come back early because of this and there’s just nothing you can do when you’re paying someone millions of dollars and you’re trying to win now.

Zion was actually a good example of how they kept him out past the date they said he’d be back and he came back fully healthy. That’s very rare.

Most fans I talked to wanted Kerryon to sit the rest of the season, same with Stafford. They had all kinds of players injured left and right, and have had guys with reoccurring injuries a lot. If they can't handle social media and coaches they should be at a family practice not professional sports. If the players say they are good and can pass the tests they do, then that's on the players, but if they can't they should stay benched until they can.
Gold: 32,090.31
Feb 22 2020 03:44pm
Quote (SheriffCool @ Feb 22 2020 01:36pm)
Most fans I talked to wanted Kerryon to sit the rest of the season, same with Stafford. They had all kinds of players injured left and right, and have had guys with reoccurring injuries a lot. If they can't handle social media and coaches they should be at a family practice not professional sports. If the players say they are good and can pass the tests they do, then that's on the players, but if they can't they should stay benched until they can.

Ehhh little more to it than that.

Most nfl teams don’t even have a physical therapist on staff. The ones that do are being told by their bosses to get their stars back on the field ASAP. It’s ultimately your job on the line to try and protect your patient. You see it time and time again (a lot in nba lately).

One of the main reasons I have no interest in pro/college sports.
Feb 22 2020 03:49pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Feb 22 2020 04:44pm)
Ehhh little more to it than that.

Most nfl teams don’t even have a physical therapist on staff. The ones that do are being told by their bosses to get their stars back on the field ASAP. It’s ultimately your job on the line to try and protect your patient. You see it time and time again (a lot in nba lately).

One of the main reasons I have no interest in pro/college sports.

It's basically a conflict of interest.
Feb 27 2020 08:02am
I talked to someone who is in the know this morning, and said that Stafford is good to go and will 100% be back and starting game one of next season, he also said the lions are 95% going to trade down to get more pieces we need, unless someone leapfrogs us and Chase young is available. So pretty much confirms what we were thinking draft wise. This is a top heavy draft for linemen which works perfectly to our advantage if we trade down for multiple picks.
Feb 27 2020 08:45am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Feb 27 2020 08:02am)
I talked to someone who is in the know this morning, and said that Stafford is good to go and will 100% be back and starting game one of next season, he also said the lions are 95% going to trade down to get more pieces we need, unless someone leapfrogs us and Chase young is available. So pretty much confirms what we were thinking draft wise. This is a top heavy draft for linemen which works perfectly to our advantage if we trade down for multiple picks.

I agree and seen this on nfl network yesterday . !!! Hes looking good there saying.

Its all just a shoot to get tuas value higher. Tua ploy is to get someone to movw up and take tua at # 2.

Hope the brass gets it right :-)
Feb 27 2020 09:17am
Quote (Megatroniks @ Feb 27 2020 09:45am)
I agree and seen this on nfl network yesterday . !!! Hes looking good there saying.

Its all just a shoot to get tuas value higher. Tua ploy is to get someone to movw up and take tua at # 2.

Hope the brass gets it right :-)

Me too, we are due for something good to happen....Been saying that my whole life though...lol
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1566567568569570786Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll