d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Real Madrid > Official Discussion Thread
Prev1171017111712171317141809Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.69
Aug 26 2018 07:41pm
We neeed a fucking a fucking STAR
Gold: 1,649.45
Aug 27 2018 12:40pm
I sort of felt weird watching Real play yesterday. I can feel an uncertainty within the team and I don't know, something about the playstyle is off, but I can't figure out what. Maybe @Zarkadon can help pointing out if I'm alone with this theory, but I don't feel like the players 100% know what Lopetegui wants and therefore they make loads of mistakes.

Nacho, Marcelo, and some others all had some horrible passes yesterday, although the situation didn't require them to play the passes that they did. What I like so far is the quick attitude change that Lopetegui seems to have on the team, the first half against Girona was bad, but they came out in the 2nd half like the team that we all know and love.

@Zarkadon, what do you think so far? Am I alone with this "weird" feeling about our playstyle?

This post was edited by Rehmos on Aug 27 2018 12:56pm
Gold: 2,570.91
Aug 27 2018 01:42pm
Quote (Rehmos @ 27 Aug 2018 20:40)
I sort of felt weird watching Real play yesterday. I can feel an uncertainty within the team and I don't know, something about the playstyle is off, but I can't figure out what. Maybe @Zarkadon can help pointing out if I'm alone with this theory, but I don't feel like the players 100% know what Lopetegui wants and therefore they make loads of mistakes.

Nacho, Marcelo, and some others all had some horrible passes yesterday, although the situation didn't require them to play the passes that they did. What I like so far is the quick attitude change that Lopetegui seems to have on the team, the first half against Girona was bad, but they came out in the 2nd half like the team that we all know and love.

@Zarkadon, what do you think so far? Am I alone with this "weird" feeling about our playstyle?

I'm watching Mallorca's game right now and it's literally the first football game I've seen since the WC final. I've been on vacation, almost completely disconnected from football, for half of August until last week, when I got back to work. Was hoping to watch Madrid's game, but I had a very busy weekend and I didn't make it. So, unfortunately, I can't really give my input. As September starts, I'll regain a grip on my everyday life and get to watch football regularly again, so I'll give you my thoughts over the next few weeks.

In any case, I suppose the team needs time to re-adjust. So far I like how Lopetegui doesn't give a fuck... subs Marcelo when he doesn't perform, shows no haste in playing Modric or Varane after their long WC run, doesn't expose Vinicius to the hype, keeps Keylor on goal as he hasn't done anything to deserve losing his spot in the XI, etc. He was the same when he managed the national team, and I hope he fits well with the team.... he's not a tyrant, but he has authority and makes independent decisions.

I obviously can't compare these games with the ones from previous seasons, as I haven't seen any of our recent games, but let's be honest, we've had many mediocre performances over the years, even while dominating Europe. About the attitude Lopetegui can get from the team, what I can say is that when he managed la Roja, he always kept the team focused... in contrast to the years when Del Bosque was in charge, where the team relaxed after achieving a 2-3 goal lead, under Lopetegui there was an almost constant thirst for blood and the score went as high as the players could achieve.
Gold: 1,649.45
Aug 27 2018 01:50pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Aug 27 2018 09:42pm)
I'm watching Mallorca's game right now and it's literally the first football game I've seen since the WC final. I've been on vacation, almost completely disconnected from football, for half of August until last week, when I got back to work. Was hoping to watch Madrid's game, but I had a very busy weekend and I didn't make it. So, unfortunately, I can't really give my input. As September starts, I'll regain a grip on my everyday life and get to watch football regularly again, so I'll give you my thoughts over the next few weeks.

In any case, I suppose the team needs time to re-adjust. So far I like how Lopetegui doesn't give a fuck... subs Marcelo when he doesn't perform, shows no haste in playing Modric or Varane after their long WC run, doesn't expose Vinicius to the hype, keeps Keylor on goal as he hasn't done anything to deserve losing his spot in the XI, etc. He was the same when he managed the national team, and I hope he fits well with the team.... he's not a tyrant, but he has authority and makes independent decisions.

I obviously can't compare these games with the ones from previous seasons, as I haven't seen any of our recent games, but let's be honest, we've had many mediocre performances over the years, even while dominating Europe. About the attitude Lopetegui can get from the team, what I can say is that when he managed la Roja, he always kept the team focused... in contrast to the years when Del Bosque was in charge, where the team relaxed after achieving a 2-3 goal lead, under Lopetegui there was an almost constant thirst for blood and the score went as high as the players could achieve.

Cheers, looking forward to hearing your opinion once you see us play a couple of times. :)
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,702.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 28 2018 02:53pm
Mariano as our forward? Hmmm maby... what you guys think?
Aug 28 2018 04:22pm
Quote (Dalinkwent @ 28 Aug 2018 22:53)
Mariano as our forward? Hmmm maby... what you guys think?

Decent signing, I'm happy if it becomes official. He has grown a lot in Lyon, and can put pressure on Karim. I would have preferred a prolific world class striker, but that's never going to happen under Florentino (and tbf there weren't many realistic options either), but Mariano should at least be good enough to be either a super sub or a guy who can keep Karim in line. He's young and promising too, so Lopetegui can work on him. In any case, it's a huge upgrade over the joke that is Mayoral.
Retired Moderator
Aug 28 2018 04:24pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Aug 28 2018 06:22pm)
Decent signing, I'm happy if it becomes official. He has grown a lot in Lyon, and can put pressure on Karim. I would have preferred a prolific world class striker, but that's never going to happen under Florentino (and tbf there weren't many realistic options either), but Mariano should at least be good enough to be either a super sub or a guy who can keep Karim in line. He's young and promising too, so Lopetegui can work on him. In any case, it's a huge upgrade over the joke that is Mayoral.

I agree 100%.
Thanks for your imput :)

NOW if we fail with him ill demand mbappe or neymar! Even cavani

This post was edited by Dalinkwent on Aug 28 2018 04:26pm
Aug 28 2018 04:33pm
Quote (Dalinkwent @ 29 Aug 2018 00:24)
I agree 100%.
Thanks for your imput :)

NOW if we fail with him ill demand mbappe or neymar! Even cavani

Not Neymar ffs.
Retired Moderator
Aug 28 2018 04:53pm
Quote (zarkadon @ Aug 28 2018 06:33pm)
Not Neymar ffs.

Mbappe is my top pic tbh.
Gold: 300.69
Aug 29 2018 06:40am
I don't understand why they would buy Courtois and then let Navas start in goal, surely the club wanted him but the coach doesn't?
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1171017111712171317141809Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll