d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Blizz Mf Sorc Guide > Cheap and Effective
12328Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,649.90
Oct 2 2006 02:16pm
1.11 BLIZZARD MF SORC GUIDE

Hi, I've been playing D2 since 1.09, got hacked many times, quitted many times, but always started up with the MF sorc. In this guide I will describe the stats and skills, gear and mfing strategies.

Why build this sorc?
This sorc is very cheap and very effective, because she can kill many bosses which can drop good items, in a very small amount of time. Also she doesnt need much lvling, at lvl 73 you can start running without any problems.

Allright, let's go!

I'll begin with skills:

Lvl 20 Blizz : your main attack skill
Lvl 20 Ice Blast: Synergy to blizz and can get high damage, it's the ideal spell to cast in blizzards' cooldown time.
Lvl 20 Glacial Spike: Also a nice spell but almost the same as Ice Blast, I prefer Blast.
Lvl 20 Cold Mastery: Lowering the cold resists of the monsters, it rocks.
Lvl 1 Telekinesis: Pre-Req to Teleport and a very handy skill to save time in town (opening stash, WP's, entering portals from town)
Lvl 1 Teleport: Your main moving skill
Lvl 1 Warmth: Refilling your mana bulb faster, very handy.
Lvl 1 Static Field: Not really necessary, but nice for pub games to help out ppl or cold immune monsters.

Rest of your skill points go into Ice bolt.

WHY NO ES??
This is a low mana build, so ES is not very convenient

Stats

Very simple:
Str: Enough for gear
Dex: none
Vitality: ALL
Energy: None. (Trust me, you'll have enough mana)

Equipment

Helm: Shako.
2+ skills and mf, Insert a perfect topaz for more MF.

Amulet: Tal Rasha Amu
We're going to use the 3 tal item setup (for MF) and with it's +2 sorc skills, very nice.

Armor: Tal Rasha Armor
Very nice armor, insert a perfect topaz in here too.

Belt: Tal Rasha Belt
Some more MF and with this one you'll get more mf from Tal's Set bonus.

Gloves: Frostburn
This is your mana source, it almost doubles it, this is why you don't need points in energy.

Boots: War Travelers
Nice mf and some other mods.

Shield: Spirit Monarch
+2 Skills and more mana. Only thing is strength but you can handle it.

Weapon: Occulus
+3 Skills, mana and more mods. Very nice.

Rings: Nagels
A Ravenfrost + Nagel is also an option, but I like 2 Nagels for the mf.

Charms
Some mf charms, Gheeds.. You won't need any skillers.

Finally: MFing strategies

Mephisto
This is Blizzard turf, This is probably the fastest char around to kill mephisto. Since I'm legit, I'll describe my method of finding meph, without MH.

When you enter the durance, you mostly enter one of each sides. This drawing will explain:

----------------- + ------------

+ --------------------------- +

---------------- + -------------

Now when you enter the durance, always teleport clockwise to where the next imaginary wp should be, hug the outer walls and you'll finally end up at his little entrance.
This doesn't work all the time but it does work 90% of the time.

When you found him tele to him, walk to the left and tele over the little "river", If you did it allright, meph is at the other side of the river and you can shoot him and he can't do anything back. This is called the Moat Trick.

Cast a blizz and immediatley a few ice blast, blizz, blastblastblast, blizz, blastblastblast etc until he is dead. Take your belongings and leave trough a TP or the Red Portal. (I always use the red portal.)

Andariel
This is a bit harder boss to kill, but with a little practice you could do it with your eyes closed. Actually, there is NO easy way (yeah maphack ofcourse, but this guide is legit) to find Andy. So just tele around and hug the walls and watch out for the close monster packs, its not quite nice to tele right in to them. Once you found her start clearing her little tomb, and then get her to follow you. Here you have to play bullfighter, and cast blizzards on her while dodging her attacks. Few ice blasts, blizz and blasts and another blizz and she will be dead, if you hit her good. Take items and TP away.

Pindle
This is another very easy foe for the blizz sorc. To get to pindle, take anyas little portal. Tele to the temple and start of with shooting a few ice blasts, to stop the charging zombies. Blizz and blast and they will all be dead, unless Pindle is immune, when you encounter that just tp away.

Ancient Tunnels
This is an area I recently discovered, and it rocks. Lvl 85 area, and no cold immunes. To get there, take the Lost City waypoint, and tele around untill you find the Trap Door. Open it and you're in. Very easy clear, just walk around and blast the first monsters, blizz and blast away. Very nice area to do, and will keep you from RD (Realm Down) because it takes a while to clear the whole tunnel.

Thats it?
Well that about wraps it up, I don't know much more to say, Good luck with your mf sorc and if you have any questions, post here or PM me.

HAVE FUN!

This post was edited by Mischa on Oct 2 2006 02:19pm
Gold: 164.29
Oct 2 2006 02:49pm
Well, it's an ok guide. Hopefully at least people will refer to this and stop asking about mf sorcs. Kind of vague on how to reach the spots but gear sounds alright. What about merc though?
Oct 2 2006 02:52pm
Merc is not needed, just carry pots for mana, but if you'd like you could use a insight merc but you can do without, will save you alot of gold smile.gif

And about meph finding.. yeah sorry but cant explain it more clearly..
Gold: 10,533.00
Oct 2 2006 03:03pm
Nice guid m8 , i like the drawing ^^
Gold: 0.45
Oct 2 2006 04:45pm
Quote (Mischa @ Mon, Oct 2 2006, 08:52pm)
Merc is not needed, just carry pots for mana, but if you'd like you could use a insight merc but you can do without, will save you alot of gold smile.gif

And about meph finding.. yeah sorry but cant explain it more clearly..

Hes talking about infinity on her merc why not have her do more damage if its possible dry.gif
Not to mention gold shouldnt be a problem just scoop up some small items like wands/orbs that are worth 35k each
Oct 3 2006 06:23am
More dmg is not really needed, and this is a cheap build so infinity wouldnt really fit in, but you can always use an infinity merc but it wont take any cold immunes away...

She kills fast already so I wouldnt invest money in that smile.gif
Gold: 391.90
Oct 3 2006 09:01am
all you need with this is a def merc with insight...
you can tele forever and never need mana.
runes are cheap...build it in anything with 4 sockets you merc can use.

level in tunnels act 2 hell....you will level fast.....
might even find some good stuff...all I got last time I leveled my
little cold sorc was maras and tals armor.....I know it sucks LOL

overall good guide.....might want to tell them in nightmare to get some stuff at lower
level....andy and meph will help with junk eq you will be wearing...can replace all with
better stuff off these 2.

This post was edited by sparks on Oct 3 2006 09:04am
Gold: 6,151.00
Oct 3 2006 09:33am
ancient tunnels is damn good i started this ladder w/blizzsorc and i got to lvl 96 just doing those mfruns in full games smile.gif
really funneh, just by mfing i was able to keep my sorc on sorcladder spot #150 for a few months

got numerous gris caddys, tal armors, ohms, vexes etc
really good mfarea and not to hard
Gold: 503.01
Oct 3 2006 09:35am
isn't the ancient tunnels tiny though?
Gold: 6,151.00
Oct 3 2006 09:42am
Quote (evilsmurf @ Tue, Oct 3 2006, 03:35pm)
isn't the ancient tunnels tiny though?
looks kinda like one level of act2 sewers - not that big

but it's mostly populated by bosspacks and there is also one golden chest with good droprate
pretty fast run all in all

and btw act1 mausoleum (lvl 85 area) is also good for a starting mfblizzsorc
even easier than tunnels as it's only populated by slow melee monsters - zombs, skellies
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12328Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll