d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > D2r Gm Bowa Zon Vs Zon
Prev1156115621563156415652154Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 44,015.37
Jun 15 2017 09:41am
Jer was kind enough to let me play on Farcast. So I guess sign me back up!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 15 2017 10:19am
game up homos
Gold: 1,167.00
Jun 15 2017 10:40am
Quote (-Mammal @ 15 Jun 2017 10:41)
Jer was kind enough to let me play on Farcast. So I guess sign me back up!

Np man, there's no point in not retaining the spot, nn to climb all over cause ban.
He will be the only one on it when it comes to ladder duels, I got a lot of stuff I'm working on these days so would be more helpful as med only.
Which leads us to this:

Quote (SuitAndTie @ 8 Jun 2017 18:04)
Referring to the rule:
" Regular throw, Jab, Lightning Fury and Bolt are allowed but don't abuse it (Javazons are not allowed)."

If player A rushes player B 5/5 rounds or most of the rounds in ft5 and goes for namelock each time with bolt/fury; converting into arrow, would this be classified as abuse?

Quote (-Mammal @ 9 Jun 2017 12:38)
Sure. I'll on you as well. Also, does starting by house box and wsg synching around the box all duel fit in the guidelines of defensive play? ^^

Tping for "rows" when your low.

Doesn't really affect my ability to win. Just curious if bm or not!!

The rules as they are written are pretty vague, therefore they are harder to enforce properly.

For example:

Quote (SuitAndTie @ 8 Jun 2017 18:04)
Referring to the rule:
" Regular throw, Jab, Lightning Fury and Bolt are allowed but don't abuse it (Javazons are not allowed)."

If player A rushes player B 5/5 rounds or most of the rounds in ft5 and goes for namelock each time with bolt/fury; converting into arrow, would this be classified as abuse?

With how its written, what is considered "abuse" is completely subjective to the individual.
Some zons play close game, some long range, your playstyle will have bias on what is considered "abuse".

Quote (CainC5 @ 19 Apr 2010 16:59)
- Playing overly defensive, Circling around walls/Constantly staying near a bridge/house etc, isn't GM.

Come back to playstyles again, what the individual considers " over defensive" is biased by whether or not we are long or close range zons.
To be fair, constantly playing around the house/box is not the spirit of the game, but currently there is no way, outside of recording, to monitor that.
It often comes to he said she said and even then, its hard to enforce with how rule currently stands.

So that's currently where we stand, biased he said she said, and you can see in the court systems how those arguments hold up for verdicts.
Changing the rules now would traditionally call for a new thread as well, and I fought to keep this one from being closed too many times to see that go away.
So, to that, it is what it is.

However...

If there was community interest, we could clear up some of the vagueness in the rules.
At one point I was trying to make a fort ladder and posted the ruleset and Marvel actually came in and gave a good vetting to it.
He provided some very good ways of what is and is not an infraction of rules much more clear.
With more clear cut definitions, we can more justly enforce the rules.
The updated rules would be posted in a different thread and a clearly defined link would be added in the ladder intro

I know these things don't tend to get rolling but let us know what you think about it.
Looking forward to discussion.

Nice to see some new faces, sorry the update took so long.

Always check the Current Challenges section and don't forget to PM the user about the match!
Interested in joining? Please read the Ladder Rules before signing up! - Check First page!
The life replenish maximum limit has been reduced to 22!
Dodge rule for rank #1 changed to 7 days.
ISO: ZvZ build structure? read this guide-> Arelax’s Non-Ladder ZvZ Bowazon Guide
ISO: Casual non-ranked ZvZ matches? sign up for this event -> Amazon Vs. Amazon Duels

~ Updated Zon vs Zon Ladder ~

1. Multi_Task / SuitAndTie / *NewOldPlayer
2. ChaseBeavers / Chased / *chasebeavers
3. zooWap / ModernFamiry / *323
4. Farcast / -Mammal / *killa911
5. Qtip / casedizzle45 / *teh_case
6. Amulet / JeW_ / *F@ith
7. hornet / OreoStallion / *Twinturbo
8. Taxes / SlashBack / *SlashBack
9. Dunhill / Red. / *Mevius
10. Yoga / aceofspades5 / *aceofspades5
11. Siss / ammerdin / *Rugged
12. Keylogger / irtehwwbarb / *iga
13. bullets / Maars / *bullets
14. GUNGSU / xquestpuncher / *gehzibae420

~ Current Challenges ~

1. Multi_Task / SuitAndTie / *NewOldPlayer [vs] 2. ChaseBeavers / Chased / *chasebeavers ~ [June 22nd]

~ Previous Matches ~

12. Siss / ammerdin / *Rugged [vs] 14. Yoga / aceofspades5 / *aceofspades5 ~ [DRA]
1. Multi_Task / SuitAndTie / *NewOldPlayer [vs] 3. ChaseBeavers / Chased / *chasebeavers ~ [SuitAndTie]
8. hornet / OreoStallion / *Twinturbo [vs] 10. aimlock / -Mammal / *native3 ~ [DRA]
8. hornet / OreoStallion / *Twinturbo [vs] 10. aimlock / -Mammal / *native3 ~ [DRA]
3. Frw / HayzBaby / *Arrow. [vs] 5. ChaseBeavers / Chased / *chasebeavers ~ [DRA]
10. Dunhill / Red. / *Mevius [vs] 12. aimlock / -Mammal / *native3 ~ [-Mammal]
5. Farcast / LOLRagezzz / *killa911 [vs] 7. Yu / Prusias / *Yu. ~ [DRA]

~ Mediators ~

LOLRagezzz
HayzBaby
BluntsGLI

~ *Vacationing Zons* ~

* BluntsGLI
* Yoga
* Arelax
* slushslush
* Cherise
* Hepzibah
* Skeptical
* ccsutton
* Guru-PvP
* diirtydave

:hail: US East Softcore NL Zon vs Zon #1 Defendants!

Warden / ccsutton / *sutton [Defended Rank #1 x52]
Mavina / Guru-PvP / *M.avina [Defended Rank #1 x21]
Run / AArrows / *HiRo [Defended Rank #1 x10]
BluntsGLI / BluntsGLI / *BluntsGLI [Defended Rank #1 x10]
Crits / Arelax / *sscali [Defended Rank #1 x9]
Desynch / ronnie17 / *ronnie17 [Defended Rank #1 x8]
Multi_Task / SuitAndTie / *NewOldPlayer [Defended Rank #1 x]6
xCainx-CV / CainC5 / *CainC5 [Defended Rank #1 x2]
OtepShamaya / SwanoW / *OtepShamaya [Defended Rank #1 x1]
Ama / BustaNut / *Illusionist [Defended Rank #1 x1]
GTL / Jawn16 / *HBO [Defended Rank #1 x1]
Farcast / LOLRagezzz / *killa911 [Defended Rank #1 x1]
Frw / HayzBaby / *Arrow. [Defended Rank #1 x1]
Clicker / Prusiasl / *Fantasy. [Defended Rank #1 x1]
zooWap / ModernFamiry / *323 [Defended Rank #1 x1]

Gold: 125.92
Jun 15 2017 05:32pm
My post from d trades 2005

"These were the original rules, written mostly by BillyO_o, used for the Dtrades ladders and JSP ladders. Since both of those ladders are no longer around, I thought I'd repost the rules for the guys that didn't get a chance to play in early 1.10 and 1.11, up until the time that all of the top zons retired.
*No CS zons
*No poison charms
*No amp items
*No Life Tap items
*No Holy Freeze aura
*No BO unless both use it
*No Charges from items (e.g. enchant)
*No teleport
*No hacking tomfoolery (scrolling, autoaiming, whatever)
*there are no rules regarding multi.
*there are no rules regarding SM.
*Life Replenish capped @ 20.
**Maphack is allowed, it can't be proven or stopped either way
**ALL Light skills are from hence forth banned.
**All new runeword bows are banned with the exception of faith and fort. (Pending experimentation)-rule for 1.11."

points brought up by Steve aka Marvel

"so i can cast fade / heal / well/ shrine / use slow
gg newb kelly rules bypassed easily" (ya, those should be added)

and

"i'll clear a few things up
light bolt, or light fury was _NEVER_ allowed zon vs zon. in early 1.1 i start pubbing with my old zons, all of which had lb. i'd use lb vs pallys, i showed youri and few other early amapkers why i used it.
i don't no when this became gm in zvz, but i'll say this once, its not legit, and it never will be. its a bow vs bow duel, you want to lead with arrows and jab- fine. just don't lb."

this from Luke, one of the top 5 zons ever on east...

"what you just said couldn't eb further from the truth. Bow dueling is NOT a coin flip. if you think and feel that way, then obviously, you can't duel with a zon. it is far from a coin flip. me vs u it wouldn't be a 50/50 it would be 100/0 my favor 90/10 at the most. *s-g if u want.
Chase is right, Lb was banned becuase of people stacking faster r/w and spamming lb. in my opinion, any zon that dies to lb is trash and needs to be remade anyway. SM will ALWAYS stop a lb charger. but in reguards to the rules, it is considered BM."

Gold: 44,015.37
Jun 15 2017 05:39pm
I haven't really ever had a problem with people charging and locking.

Just like I never had a problem with not using lb and sm being allowed in .09 .10 .11. I mean we could quote a ruleset from 10-15 years ago all day and players that played 10-15 years ago.

However ya'll want to adapt the rules is fine. Just don't contort them to your personal playstyle. I mean -- are we even active enough to rehaul this ladder anyways?

Need a strawpoll in this bitch.

This post was edited by -Mammal on Jun 15 2017 05:42pm
Gold: 1,167.00
Jun 15 2017 08:23pm
Quote (-Mammal @ 15 Jun 2017 18:39)

Need a strawpoll in this bitch.

;)
Gold: 50.36
Jun 15 2017 08:41pm
in Oct - Nov ill start a new ladder with the new version of rules but this ladder will also allow for fort zon's to join..

why?

1. Because if you're really good enough a fort zon sucks.
2. this will allow way more active users to join in.
3. lets draft up new rules in mean time :)

edit:

my 2 cents, 3 max ele charms TOTAL of any kind. This will help avoid mass ele dmg zon's

also maybe not allowed to get more arrows? what do you guys think? this could spice things up and make people spam less?

rare vs rare bow option if both players agree?

This post was edited by Skeptical on Jun 15 2017 08:45pm
Gold: 500.00
Jun 16 2017 05:06pm
I've always played the close game because offscreen running and repping is no fun.
Gold: 4.00
Jun 16 2017 06:50pm
game is awake
Gold: 4.00
Jun 16 2017 10:36pm
challenge 10. Yoga / aceofspades5 / *aceofspades5
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1156115621563156415652154Next
Add Reply New Topic