d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Frenzy Guide For D2lod V1.12++
Prev1121314151629Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,895.93
Jun 7 2010 09:14pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Jun 8 2010 02:49pm)
I would use the same eq as specified. probably dual grief pb since the higher physical damage would convert to more magic damage than a grief/edeath setup. since no curse to remove PI, CB would be null against them, and the -50 poison res would make that venom do a little more too.

20 berserk was what I did on my original frenzy barb, I like it a lot actually. not having to drop all your defense to kill the PI succubus and blood lords you find in wsk3 makes things a lot easier. but do note that these points do not increase your total damage, it only converts.

So, I should use this setup then?

2x Griefpb
Fort
Guillames (considering other areas to run)... Um'd
LoH
SoE
Gore Riders
Ravenfrost
Rare Ring... dual leech
Highlords.

Cows: Swap out gloves for crafted CB or Steelrends (if I have the strength)?
LoH: For most other areas.
Gold: 151.00
Jun 7 2010 11:11pm
If u wanna do fast runs go enigma + arach
Gold: 62.00
Jun 8 2010 12:50pm
Hi,

I want to make my barb as efficient as possible for mfing/cs-runs while in a full baal game e.i, and I need your help to optimize my gear and skill allocation

Gulli 15ias/15max
HL
EbotdZ
Eni GH
EdeathZ
2x Hoto on swith for tele
Dracs
Raven
Dungo's --> have many options like fhr/fcr/str craft, fhr/str/life/res rare (what is optimal?)
Rare ring 10fcr/19str/10dex/1x@
Gores

I have put all my points in vita (582 vita) (216 str), having 6,5k life with bo, but I see that you dont think this is necessary? How come? Lots of life sounds like a good plan, no?

Also my merc is atm A1 Cold arrow w/ Faith for fanatiscm, any suggestions on this choice? Maybe I should have a A2 merc with Might and Pride for concentration? (Or doesnt conc make any difference on frenzy?)

Thanks in advance :)
Gold: 3,475.00
Jun 8 2010 01:00pm
Quote (langson @ 8 Jun 2010 14:50)
Hi,

I want to make my barb as efficient as possible for mfing/cs-runs while in a full baal game e.i, and I need your help to optimize my gear and skill allocation

Gulli 15ias/15max
HL
EbotdZ
Eni GH
EdeathZ
2x Hoto on swith for tele
Dracs
Raven
Dungo's --> have many options like fhr/fcr/str craft, fhr/str/life/res rare (what is optimal?)
Rare ring 10fcr/19str/10dex/1x@
Gores

I have put all my points in vita (582 vita) (216 str), having 6,5k life with bo, but I see that you dont think this is necessary? How come? Lots of life sounds like a good plan, no?

Also my merc is atm A1 Cold arrow w/ Faith for fanatiscm, any suggestions on this choice? Maybe I should have a A2 merc with Might and Pride for concentration? (Or doesnt conc make any difference on frenzy?)

Thanks in advance :)

did you read anything or did you just decide you would post and hope i type it all again so you can not read it again?

last i calculated, you will need 95ias from gear to reach the fastest breakpoint with berserker axes, so that isn't attainable, however the next fastest is at 30ias which is.
Gold: 62.00
Jun 8 2010 01:04pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ 8 Jun 2010 21:00)
did you read anything or did you just decide you would post and hope i type it all again so you can not read it again?

last i calculated, you will need 95ias from gear to reach the fastest breakpoint with berserker axes, so that isn't attainable, however the next fastest is at 30ias which is.

Touché, I will read then <_<
Jun 8 2010 02:32pm
Hi ya MajinKaisa...

Well working on the Frenzy build on HC (63 self levelled and in Hell difficulty with gear listed below)
Luckily I found another Lo rune to make my fort the other day. (Act 2 before Tombs)

This is what I am using and stats... I need to also enquire on what to look out for while gaming to improve it without buying gear.

Items:
2x Butchers Pupil (anything better to look for until I can find/make griefpbs?)
IK = Helm (ort/thul) / Belt / Boots (just got boots last night)
Fort Sup Dusk = 30 res / 1.25 lpl (was using Gris Ral / Ort / Thul)
Magnus Gloves (Orphans Set)... not sure of level of LoH (at work presently)
Rare Rings: 1x LL / 1x ML (minor res mods with ar)
Magical Ammy: +2 minimum dmg / 29 all res

Spirit sword / +2 Barb skill throwing knife on switch

Might Merc / Kelpie Snare (love the 75% slow enemies) / Twitchroe

Skills:
20 Frenzy
20 Axe Mastery
XX Battle Orders (just about maxed out)
01 Pre-reqs / Natural Resistances
Edit: 1 Berserk...

No Torch / Anni... resistances in hell: 75 FR (stacked without LoH) / 75 LR (unstacked) / 36 CR / -18 PR

Vita: 210 total
Dex: 62
Strength: 152
Energy: N/A

I am thinking of trying to find myself IK Gloves, this will give me more LL and 25% IAS, including the Str/Dex and other mods.
Let me know what you think... thank you for your future comments.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 8 2010 02:34pm
Jun 8 2010 03:21pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 8 Jun 2010 16:32)
Hi ya MajinKaisa...

Well working on the Frenzy build on HC (63 self levelled and in Hell difficulty with gear listed below)
Luckily I found another Lo rune to make my fort the other day. (Act 2 before Tombs)

This is what I am using and stats... I need to also enquire on what to look out for while gaming to improve it without buying gear.

Items:
2x Butchers Pupil (anything better to look for until I can find/make griefpbs?)
IK = Helm (ort/thul) / Belt / Boots (just got boots last night)
Fort Sup Dusk = 30 res / 1.25 lpl (was using Gris Ral / Ort / Thul)
Magnus Gloves (Orphans Set)... not sure of level of LoH (at work presently)
Rare Rings: 1x LL / 1x ML (minor res mods with ar)
Magical Ammy: +2 minimum dmg / 29 all res

Spirit sword / +2 Barb skill throwing knife on switch

Might Merc / Kelpie Snare (love the 75% slow enemies) / Twitchroe

Skills:
20 Frenzy
20 Axe Mastery
XX Battle Orders (just about maxed out)
01 Pre-reqs / Natural Resistances
Edit: 1 Berserk...

No Torch / Anni... resistances in hell: 75 FR (stacked without LoH) / 75 LR (unstacked) / 36 CR / -18 PR

Vita: 210 total
Dex: 62
Strength: 152
Energy: N/A

I am thinking of trying to find myself IK Gloves, this will give me more LL and 25% IAS, including the Str/Dex and other mods.
Let me know what you think... thank you for your future comments.

im not sure what you want me to comment on, from what it looks like you've been able to do a good job of finding gear that works.

obviously cbf would be beneficial, i know it doesnt fit in your weapons scheme but a Voice of Reason is a cheap way to get it without having found a ravenfrost, also deaths or trangs belt, but the res on ik might not be worth giving up
Jun 8 2010 03:59pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Jun 9 2010 09:21am)
im not sure what you want me to comment on, from what it looks like you've been able to do a good job of finding gear that works.

obviously cbf would be beneficial, i know it doesnt fit in your weapons scheme but a Voice of Reason is a cheap way to get it without having found a ravenfrost, also deaths or trangs belt, but the res on ik might not be worth giving up

no CBF is a bit of an issue, gave my Ravens away awhile ago, now I will have to find another one... :lol:

Thanks for that... just wanting to see if I had missed something in the build to make it better... might look at Voice of Reason.
Gold: 109.01
Jun 8 2010 11:06pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ Mar 12 2010 09:22pm)
Bump and Vouch this guide. That "other" wacky equipped frenzy guide is currently on page one, so someone has to spair the noobs  that broken char disappointment from being made. Hopefully they click here instead!

Bump because of this again. To the top with the actual best frenzy guide here.
Jun 9 2010 04:48am
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 9 Jun 2010 01:06)
Bump because of this again. To the top with the actual best frenzy guide here.

don't worry, it will be revised and made better, i know this is still below the quality that it needs to be ^_^

needs more info on throwing and hardcore :P also ias updated in the original text

This post was edited by MajinKaisa on Jun 9 2010 04:48am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1121314151629Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll