d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Win32 Api And Windows Gdi > I Doubt This Exists
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 518.50
Nov 13 2009 07:59pm
Quote (Muted @ Nov 13 2009 08:50pm)
Statement voided after explicit, and quite obvious grammatical error is played on your behalf, again.

I never said it's IN there stupid, read my post again.

Little girl, you do not even understand how wrong you are.

First: The word "explicit" is an adjective, which means it can modify a noun phrase. Adding "-ly" transforms into an adverb, which means it can modify verb phrases. The preceding semantic node is "spelled out," which represents a verb phrase. Since in English, the adverb is used to modify the preceding semantic node, that is a grammatically correct sentence. Little did you know, I am a cunning linguist (and one of my specialties is natural language processing).

Second: That information IS embedded in the bitmap header, which you would have learned by reading or understanding anything on the subject of bitmaps.

Queue canned, worthless excuse for a rebuttal in 3...2...1...
Gold: 1.00
Nov 13 2009 08:07pm
Quote (ASBands @ 13 Nov 2009 20:46)
There is NO WAY that that information is in the "header," is there?  A Google search for "bitmap header" wouldn't have turned up that exact result, would it?

Quote (ASBands @ 13 Nov 2009 20:59)
Second: That information IS embedded in the bitmap header, which you would have learned by reading or understanding anything on the subject of bitmaps.

You contradicted yourself in less than 20 minutes, I'm impressed.
Nov 13 2009 08:08pm
Quote (Muted @ Nov 13 2009 09:07pm)
You contradicted yourself in less than 20 minutes, I'm impressed.

I know it's hard to recognize sarcasm over the internet, but you have got to be kidding me on this one.
Nov 13 2009 08:09pm
Quote (ASBands @ 13 Nov 2009 21:08)
I know it's hard to recognize sarcasm over the internet, but you have got to be kidding me on this one.

Caught in a lie, so you lie some more?
This is pointless. Thanks for the laughs, and the +1s.
Nov 13 2009 08:17pm
Quote (Muted @ Nov 13 2009 09:09pm)
Caught in a lie, so you lie some more?
This is pointless. Thanks for the laughs, and the +1s.

[sarcasm]I love how you never give up.[/sarcasm]

I'm sorry that you're too dense to understand the sarcasm from earlier, so I'm going to add explicit tags in the future, just for you.
Nov 13 2009 08:28pm
Quote (ASBands @ 13 Nov 2009 21:17)
[sarcasm]I love how you never give up.[/sarcasm]

I'm sorry that you're too dense to understand the sarcasm from earlier, so I'm going to add explicit tags in the future, just for you.

[sarcasm]Thank you.[/sarcasm]

You got caught in a lie, and lied some more.
Thanks for proving you don't know anything about programming. :)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 13 2009 08:29pm
I think minko mentioned it already, but I love how she posts questions and then stubbornly pretends like she had to solve the problem herself because nobody else could.

Nov 13 2009 08:30pm
Quote (infinitesimal @ 13 Nov 2009 21:29)
I think minko mentioned it already, [sarcasm]but I love how she posts questions and then stubbornly pretends like she had to solve the problem herself because nobody else could.[/sarcasm] Really, we all lie then claim sarcasm when caught in it

Forgot your sarcasm tags, I fixed.
Gold: 434.84
Nov 13 2009 09:25pm
Quote (Muted @ Nov 13 2009 10:28pm)
[sarcasm]Thank you.[/sarcasm]

You got caught in a lie, and lied some more.
Thanks for proving you don't know anything about programming. :)

You are completely delusional and ridiculous. There were many suggestions as to how to solve your problem, and then you turn around and "pretend" that you figured it out all by your lonesome. If you could have done that there would never have been a thread. And then pretending that myself, Minko and ASBands can't program and you can is laughable at best. Out of you, Minko, ASBands and myself who actually have jobs in the programming field? That would be Minko, ASBands and myself. Of course you'll just harp on oh how we are obviously making it up and we aren't professional programmers and blah, blah, blah.

Also, let me point this out:

Quote (Muted's blog posts about programming)

but nothing really "visual" (GUIs FTW) and I guess that's fine in all but, I'm finally hitting that wall where I want to do some more "standard" stuff just so I can say I can and possibly make a portfilio to show people.
Y'know, like, try and get a job out of it, 'cause it's a really fun hobby at times, although sometimes it's SUPER stressful and I just give up 'cause I can't solve problems and I get super hot headed and I can't find answers on the 'net and the few people (like 1-2 people..) I know who know how to program use VB and they don't really know C++ that well or Network programming let alone AI programming so they're no help really. Then all they talk about is this stupid girl did this at their school or how all the girls are naked at this College and they want to go there and blah blah blah. I hate it when guys are like that, so annoying... Wow, I totally went off topic. Lol!

If your idea of "programming and making a portfolio for a job" is a snake game with AI that is pretty much just a BFS (something you "discovered" yourself but is pretty much 2nd year CS material) I feel for you. I know in your mind you think you are just god's gift to code, you shit syntactically perfect ice cream and you can do anything but you really just can't. At my job we do group interviews and if I saw that kind of "portfolio" I think we would unanimously laugh our balls off and then bin it. We might even call you for a phone interview just to rip you apart with technical questions.

Another fun quote:

Quote (Muted's blog)

But without any formal education, and a lack of books to read or forums to post on (everyone I post on is like super dead OR I get banned 'cause I finally run into somebody who's being mean and I act the same way and yeah).
There's no real "easy" internet tutorials, people can't spell worth BEANS and it drives me nuts so I have a hard time following and deciphering their text and THEN I have like x20,000 questions! That like NOBODY can answer!

Lets address some things:

1. Lack of formal education - This one isn't always bad, as I've met some pretty great self-taught programmers. They differ from you in the fact that they take constructive criticism without acting like an insane child and when they take that advice they implement it instead of pretending like they are some ridiculous know it all.

2. Lack of books - Buy the Pragmatic Programmer, read it and learn something about being a programmer. You completely lack the ability to work in a team, as people will have skills you don't and you will have skills they don't have. A person who acts like you will never be able to work in a team.

3. "I get banned 'cause I finally run into somebody who's being mean and I act the same way and yeah" - Honestly, if you don't know why it's only you who causes these things then I don't know what to tell you.

The thing that really gets me is that you have the potential to be a really, really good programmer. I see it in the fact that you want to learn and seem to enjoy learning but you will never, ever succeed in it or even get a job if you act the way you do. The way you act online is a reflection of how you would act on a team of programmers, and honestly I wouldnt' ever want you to be on my team.
Nov 14 2009 05:42am
Quote (rockonkenshin @ 13 Nov 2009 22:25)
The thing that really gets me is that you have the potential to be a really, really good programmer. I see it in the fact that you want to learn and seem to enjoy learning but you will never, ever succeed in it or even get a job if you act the way you do. The way you act online is a reflection of how you would act on a team of programmers, and honestly I wouldnt' ever want you to be on my team.

Quit fucking saying I have potential, that's Goddamn annoying.
I don't want a job, there's a big difference between HOBBY and JOB. This is a hobby, something like bike riding, I don't do it "professionally" even though I'm 'decent' at it, in an average sense.
No, I don't work good on teams, I never have. Guess your childhood does mold how you think and feel, and people always say people say that "for attention," how cute.

Can't you just ignore me like the rest of the people?
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=36343029&f=120&o=0 - There's the link, have fun. :)

This post was edited by Muted on Nov 14 2009 05:43am
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll