d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > -+- Guide For A Lvl 49 Bone Necro -+- > By Perz
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 29 2009 09:19am
Introduction:

Well, this is my first lvl 49 bone nec and it works very well in both 1v1 and tvt duels respecting the rules created by ferdia and me on EUSCNL. You can find them in our profiles.

General Information:

I aim for only 75 fcr with 86 fhr since more fcr with high lvl spear and spirit would drain our mana like hell and isn't really usefull vs most chars.
This nec uses viper all the time since I don't like stealth and shaft - if I want dr I use string - if I want frw I use scs and mavinas belt. That way I can reach higher dmg/life/mana than by switching. You can use stealth and viper with pskull though.
This nec is versatile and a hard enemy in both 1v1 and tvt. He uses bone armor to absorb physical dmg, curses to weaken your enemy (amp and lr are very powerful - ask for permission to use them before you start to duel), walls and golems as a shield against ranged chars (no clay golem vs melee).
Important on mld necros are a high mana pool, flexibility, decent frw, life and repl life. You should aim for 1k+ life and 1k+ mana along with 100+ frw on nl, 80+ frw on ladder with up to 30 repl life depending on the other stats. You can increase those stats by sacrificing skillers to scs.
I use 8 perfect skillers and the rest are perfect scs. A cheaper solution would be to use only 5-7 skillers with lower life or frw / mana or res scs. Try to achive those stats mentioned above!

Items:

The items I use are expensive, but I try to find a cheap solution for poor people, as well. So here are the items you should try to find and behind them I listed the items of my bone nec "Relaxing":

Item: <minimum you need> - <what I use>
Helmet: 2 pb 30 frw 20 fcr and 3 pb 30 frw with 2 pskulls - 2 pb 30 frw 20 fcr 75 life 33@ res
Amu: 2 pb life mana or 3 pb life - 2 pb 60 life 89 mana 7@ res 4 dmg reduce, 3 pb 100 life and 3 pb tele chargers
Weapon: spirit crystall sword 35 fcr 1xx mana x abs, x lr wand and insight in low req weapon - eth spirit cs 35/112/8, 3 curses 3 lr 3 amp 8 repl life wand and insight 17 medi in eth voulge
Shield: homu with 20 life 15@ res jewel and homu with 6 str 27 cold res -15 req 4 rl jewel
Armor: viper with pskull and stealth in low req armor - viper 35/13 8 str 8 dex 8 energy 15 mana
Belt: 10 fcr 24 fhr life mana res, string, mavinas - 10 fcr 24 fhr 58 life 19 mana 28 cold res, 80 life 20 mana 30 cold res , string, mavinas
Ring: sojs, ravens, dwarfs - sojs, ravens, dwarfs
Gloves: eth frostburns - eth frostburns
Boots: sanders, infernos and frw fhr repl life life res - sanders, infernos and 10 fhr 10 frw 18 life 8 repl life 38 cold res

Grand Charms: 5-7 * pb skillers with less than 31 life - 8 * 30 life pb skillers
Small Charms: 19-25 * life or frw and mana or res - 10 * 5 frw / 17 mana , 10 * 5 frw / 11 cold res and 6 * 20 life / 17 mana

Skilling/Statting:

We need 58 str to wear the heaviest gear, 118 dex to get max block with homu and the rest goes into vita.
Put 1 skill point into amp, 1 into clay golem (optional), 1 into bone prison, max bone spear, max bone spirit and rest into bone wall.

Stats:

My char (without barb's wcs) does 2k-2,2k bone spear and 2,2k-2,4k spirit dmg depending on setup. Amp reduces dr by 50% and lr reduces res by 60%. He has up to 180 frw (plus harmony if needed), 1k-1,4k life and 1k-1,4k mana, 350+ cold res without anya, high mana regen, 15 dmg reduce, 30 repl life depending on setup.

Keys:

f1 - bone armor
f2 - golem
f2 - amp
f3 - lower res
w - wall (prison against sorcs)
a - spirit
s - spear
d - teeth

Strategies:

Barb: Sacrifice life, mana and dr for frw. I recommend 150-180 frw with sanders, mavinas, circ and your scs. Always keep your bonearmor up, never get closer to him than one screen due to dsync. This can be a hard match if the barb is fast, does short wws and guesses your moves well. That's why you have to run randomely, avoid any patterns. If you keep your distance, you can run. If he gets close, choose walking, change your direction and run again. Mostly use spears alternated with a few spirits - some invisible spirits may hit him, he can outrun the others. Never use teeth, it will harm you more than him.

Bowa: Use 120 frw from circ, sanders, scs and get all the repl life you can get since their dmg after bonearmor is mostly low (except you duel a 4k+ dmg 8 fps amp high crit glasscannon) and the duels can be really long. Always keep up your bonearmor. If the distance to the ama equals more than 2 screens you have to fallback all the time while casting spears and spirits towards her to attack and (re-)casting bone armor, clay golems and walls between you and her to protect yourself. Once she gets closer than 2 screens, immediatly change from defensive to offensive play by continuing to attack with more spears than spirits and try to trap her with your walls and barriers on the map. Once both stand still you can tank an ama since your block (75%) is a lot higher than her avoid skills (5x%) and you are protected by your bone armor which you can recast once it's broken. This is my favourite match-up, especially against good amas like ferdia's, since it requires patience, good reactions and tactics.

Trap: Use 150 frw from circ, sanders, mavinas and scs. Make sure you have equipped 86% fhr to get out of mb. Since there is no rule against the wsg you can use it to get out of mb locks since once you get into a 105 fcr mb attack you won't escape without it. Since we don't have enough str to equip tg, the assa's dmg will be immense (up to ~6k*0.17*0.25=~255 pvp dmg per hit at 5 traps with 10 shots each). Always keep your distance and avoid getting surrounded by traps and the walls of the map. Don't use walls or a golem since they may trigger traps with a huge attack range you might run into. Once she gets close to your screen she may df onto you, that's why you should always spam some spirits in your way to protect yourself. As soon as you see a trap in your screen, run away - 1 trap with mb lock can be enough to drain all your life.

Java: Similar to barb. Sacrifice everything for frw, you might as well use harmony to gain some distance from time to time. Use the map with cleverly placed walls to protect yourself and trap the java. This is a boring match since the faster char mostly wins - once she outruns you, you're dead since you don't have enough str to wear tg and the dmg is huge.

Nec: There are two types of duels: invis war and close combat. For the first type you will need huge repl life, life and dmg - 70 frw from sanders and circ are enough here. Use insight from time to time to regenerate mana. Spam spears and spirits randomly over 2 or more screens away from your enemy - boring! I prefer the second type because it needs fast reactions and good aim. Use 120 frw from circ, sanders and scs. Repl life isn't effective here since the matches are over pretty fast. Try to get a good amount of life and mana since your enemy won't let you regenerate mana. Mostly use spears followed by a few spirits so your enemy can't stand still and attack you.

Hammer: Get 120 frw from circ, sanders , scs and so much life that you can exactly survive one more blessed hammer then with a little less life (i.eg. if you have 1k life and your enemy does 333 dmg => you survive 3 hits - although if he does 334 dmg you only survive 2 hits => get 3 more life). If you duel a well synching hammer (hi lee) you won't see him at all in your duel and you cannot trust your mini-map. Find barriers like walls and stones on the map where he could get stuck and stay in this area, combine those barriers with well placed walls prior to his char towards you. If you place a wall into his charge he will get stuck and the animation takes long enough for some spears and spirits to hit him. Always keep up your bone armor in case he charges you directly with his oath out. Move in non-predictable patterns, spam spirits into your way and throw spears to where you guess he is now or moves next. Spam another wall every few seconds into his charge to increase the chance of him getting stuck.

Rabies: Maximum frw + harmony ftw. Boring match-up.

FB: Put on infernos, dwarf and raven frost if she uses ca, else just use soj. Use the 3/30 pskulled circ and the 10/24 belt for more repl life if she defwhores, else use the 2/30/20 circ with mavinas to compensate the frw loss of sanders <-> infernos. Get around 120 frw in total from circ, infernos, mavinas and scs. Replace your shortcut w with prison since it's allowed against teleporting chars - you will use it when her mana is down: Cast them shortly before the spirits arrive and surprise her when she tries to run away. Always (re-)cast your golem to cover for you (fire golem can be cool). Cover your way with spirits to avoid getting namelocked and snipe her by guessing where she teleports next. If she keeps the duel on mid-range she won't get hit by invis missiles and it's even harder for you to avoid the fbs. This can be a really easy or a very hard but fun match-up, depending on your enemy.

Blizz: Get 120 frw and put on a raven and a soj and use all the items that give cold res: 10/24 belt with cold res, frw life repl life cold res boots, 2/30/20 circ with cold res, 2 pb life mana cold res amu, homu with str repl life cold res jewel and frw or life scs with cold res. You need up to 380 cold res depending on your enemy's cold mastery and amount of cold rbfs. If you meet a good blizz sorc your chances of winning are pretty close to zero. They have huge advantage of range and dmg and they can easily avoid your attacks while their blizzards mostly hit you. I never lost to a nec when I did play blizz.

Last Words:

Well that's the second guide I've ever written, I hope it's easy to understand and answers all your lvl 49 bone nec questions.
If you see any flaws, don't hesitate to tell me about them.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!
Perz

This post was edited by Perserker[PvP] on Jul 29 2009 09:20am
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Jul 29 2009 09:28am
Quote (Perserker[PvP&#93; @ Wed, Jul 29 2009, 03:19pm)
Introduction:

Well, this is my first lvl 49 bone nec and it works very well in both 1v1 and tvt duels respecting the rules created by ferdia and me on EUSCNL. You can find them in our profiles.

General Information:

I aim for only 75 fcr with 86 fhr since more fcr with high lvl spear and spirit would drain our mana like hell and isn't really usefull vs most chars.
This nec uses viper all the time since I don't like stealth and shaft - if I want dr I use string - if I want frw I use scs and mavinas belt. That way I can reach higher dmg/life/mana than by switching. You can use stealth and viper with pskull though.
This nec is versatile and a hard enemy in both 1v1 and tvt. He uses bone armor to absorb physical dmg, curses to weaken your enemy (amp and lr are very powerful - ask for permission to use them before you start to duel), walls and golems as a shield against ranged chars (no clay golem vs melee).
Important on mld necros are a high mana pool, flexibility, decent frw, life and repl life. You should aim for 1k+ life and 1k+ mana along with 100+ frw on nl, 80+ frw on ladder with up to 30 repl life depending on the other stats. You can increase those stats by sacrificing skillers to scs.
I use 8 perfect skillers and the rest are perfect scs. A cheaper solution would be to use only 5-7 skillers with lower life or frw / mana or res scs. Try to achive those stats mentioned above!

Items:

The items I use are expensive, but I try to find a cheap solution for poor people, as well. So here are the items you should try to find and behind them I listed the items of my bone nec "Relaxing":

Item: <minimum you need> - <what I use>
Helmet: 2 pb 30 frw 20 fcr and 3 pb 30 frw with 2 pskulls - 2 pb 30 frw 20 fcr 75 life 33@ res
Amu: 2 pb life mana or 3 pb life - 2 pb 60 life 89 mana 7@ res 4 dmg reduce, 3 pb 100 life and 3 pb tele chargers
Weapon: spirit crystall sword 35 fcr 1xx mana x abs, x lr wand and insight in low req weapon - eth spirit cs 35/112/8, 3 curses 3 lr 3 amp 8 repl life wand and insight 17 medi in eth voulge
Shield: homu with 20 life 15@ res jewel and homu with 6 str 27 cold res -15 req 4 rl jewel
Armor: viper with pskull and stealth in low req armor - viper 35/13 8 str 8 dex 8 energy 15 mana
Belt: 10 fcr 24 fhr life mana res, string, mavinas - 10 fcr 24 fhr 58 life 19 mana 28 cold res, 80 life 20 mana 30 cold res , string, mavinas
Ring: sojs, ravens, dwarfs - sojs, ravens, dwarfs
Gloves: eth frostburns - eth frostburns
Boots: sanders, infernos and frw fhr repl life life res - sanders, infernos and 10 fhr 10 frw 18 life 8 repl life 38 cold res

Grand Charms: 5-7 * pb skillers with less than 31 life - 8 * 30 life pb skillers
Small Charms: 19-25 * life or frw and mana or res - 10 * 5 frw / 17 mana , 10 * 5 frw / 11 cold res and 6 * 20 life / 17 mana

Skilling/Statting:

We need 58 str to wear the heaviest gear, 118 dex to get max block with homu and the rest goes into vita.
Put 1 skill point into amp, 1 into clay golem (optional), 1 into bone prison, max bone spear, max bone spirit and rest into bone wall.

Stats:

My char (without barb's wcs) does 2k-2,2k bone spear and 2,2k-2,4k spirit dmg depending on setup. Amp reduces dr by 50% and lr reduces res by 60%. He has up to 180 frw (plus harmony if needed), 1k-1,4k life and 1k-1,4k mana, 350+ cold res without anya, high mana regen, 15 dmg reduce, 30 repl life depending on setup.

Keys:

f1 - bone armor
f2 - golem
f2 - amp
f3 - lower res
w - wall (prison against sorcs)
a - spirit
s - spear
d - teeth

Strategies:

Barb: Sacrifice life, mana and dr for frw. I recommend 150-180 frw with sanders, mavinas, circ and your scs. Always keep your bonearmor up, never get closer to him than one screen due to dsync. This can be a hard match if the barb is fast, does short wws and guesses your moves well. That's why you have to run randomely, avoid any patterns. If you keep your distance, you can run. If he gets close, choose walking, change your direction and run again. Mostly use spears alternated with a few spirits - some invisible spirits may hit him, he can outrun the others. Never use teeth, it will harm you more than him.

Bowa: Use 120 frw from circ, sanders, scs and get all the repl life you can get since their dmg after bonearmor is mostly low (except you duel a 4k+ dmg 8 fps amp high crit glasscannon) and the duels can be really long. Always keep up your bonearmor. If the distance to the ama equals more than 2 screens you have to fallback all the time while casting spears and spirits towards her to attack and (re-)casting bone armor, clay golems and walls between you and her to protect yourself. Once she gets closer than 2 screens, immediatly change from defensive to offensive play by continuing to attack with more spears than spirits and try to trap her with your walls and barriers on the map. Once both stand still you can tank an ama since your block (75%) is a lot higher than her avoid skills (5x%) and you are protected by your bone armor which you can recast once it's broken. This is my favourite match-up, especially against good amas like ferdia's, since it requires patience, good reactions and tactics.

Trap: Use 150 frw from circ, sanders, mavinas and scs. Make sure you have equipped 86% fhr to get out of mb. Since there is no rule against the wsg you can use it to get out of mb locks since once you get into a 105 fcr mb attack you won't escape without it. Since we don't have enough str to equip tg, the assa's dmg will be immense (up to ~6k*0.17*0.25=~255 pvp dmg per hit at 5 traps with 10 shots each). Always keep your distance and avoid getting surrounded by traps and the walls of the map. Don't use walls or a golem since they may trigger traps with a huge attack range you might run into. Once she gets close to your screen she may df onto you, that's why you should always spam some spirits in your way to protect yourself. As soon as you see a trap in your screen, run away - 1 trap with mb lock can be enough to drain all your life.

Java: Similar to barb. Sacrifice everything for frw, you might as well use harmony to gain some distance from time to time. Use the map with cleverly placed walls to protect yourself and trap the java. This is a boring match since the faster char mostly wins - once she outruns you, you're dead since you don't have enough str to wear tg and the dmg is huge.

Nec: There are two types of duels: invis war and close combat. For the first type you will need huge repl life, life and dmg - 70 frw from sanders and circ are enough here. Use insight from time to time to regenerate mana. Spam spears and spirits randomly over 2 or more screens away from your enemy - boring! I prefer the second type because it needs fast reactions and good aim. Use 120 frw from circ, sanders and scs. Repl life isn't effective here since the matches are over pretty fast. Try to get a good amount of life and mana since your enemy won't let you regenerate mana. Mostly use spears followed by a few spirits so your enemy can't stand still and attack you.

Hammer: Get 120 frw from circ, sanders , scs and so much life that you can exactly survive one more blessed hammer then with a little less life (i.eg. if you have 1k life and your enemy does 333 dmg => you survive 3 hits - although if he does 334 dmg you only survive 2 hits => get 3 more life). If you duel a well synching hammer (hi lee) you won't see him at all in your duel and you cannot trust your mini-map. Find barriers like walls and stones on the map where he could get stuck and stay in this area, combine those barriers with well placed walls prior to his char towards you. If you place a wall into his charge he will get stuck and the animation takes long enough for some spears and spirits to hit him. Always keep up your bone armor in case he charges you directly with his oath out. Move in non-predictable patterns, spam spirits into your way and throw spears to where you guess he is now or moves next. Spam another wall every few seconds into his charge to increase the chance of him getting stuck.

Rabies: Maximum frw + harmony ftw. Boring match-up.

FB: Put on infernos, dwarf and raven frost if she uses ca, else just use soj. Use the 3/30 pskulled circ and the 10/24 belt for more repl life if she defwhores, else use the 2/30/20 circ with mavinas to compensate the frw loss of sanders <-> infernos. Get around 120 frw in total from circ, infernos, mavinas and scs. Replace your shortcut w with prison since it's allowed against teleporting chars - you will use it when her mana is down: Cast them shortly before the spirits arrive and surprise her when she tries to run away. Always (re-)cast your golem to cover for you (fire golem can be cool). Cover your way with spirits to avoid getting namelocked and snipe her by guessing where she teleports next. If she keeps the duel on mid-range she won't get hit by invis missiles and it's even harder for you to avoid the fbs. This can be a really easy or a very hard but fun match-up, depending on your enemy.

Blizz: Get 120 frw and put on a raven and a soj and use all the items that give cold res: 10/24 belt with cold res, frw life repl life cold res boots, 2/30/20 circ with cold res, 2 pb life mana cold res amu, homu with str repl life cold res jewel and frw or life scs with cold res. You need up to 380 cold res depending on your enemy's cold mastery and amount of cold rbfs. If you meet a good blizz sorc your chances of winning are pretty close to zero. They have huge advantage of range and dmg and they can easily avoid your attacks while their blizzards mostly hit you. I never lost to a nec when I did play blizz.

Last Words:

Well that's the second guide I've ever written, I hope it's easy to understand and answers all your lvl 49 bone nec questions.
If you see any flaws, don't hesitate to tell me about them.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!
Perz

id prefer 125 but nice guide overall
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2009 09:34am
not a bad guide.

i skimed it, but i liked the strategies area. Most of that stuff (other then the infernos sorb recast stuff) fits in with just good sound thinking as to necros lld dueling as well.

As to the hammy, ww barb etc, dont forget to use the pools as those help get them get stuck as well. large area of pools on maps really help a necro vers those types.

over all i liked your guide very much.
Banned
Gold: 7.36
Jul 29 2009 09:34am
that's good enough :)
Jul 29 2009 10:35am
Quote (luminaire_x @ Wed, Jul 29 2009, 04:28pm)
id prefer 125 but nice guide overall

125 fcr without frosties??? you are running out of mana quickly.
Jul 29 2009 10:39am
Quote (dyl4nd0u @ Wed, Jul 29 2009, 08:35am)

even on lld's you can get 900 mana, so mana is not as big of a deal as one would think...well unless your a spammer, but then your not really a good dueler.
Jul 29 2009 10:47am
Quote (dyl4nd0u @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009, 18:35)

correct as usual.

Quote (WarlocksDad @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009, 18:39)
even on lld's you can get 900 mana, so mana is not as big of a deal as one would think...well unless your a spammer, but then your not really a good dueler.

compare the mana costs on lvl 30 and lvl 49.
Gold: 4.98
Warn: 10%
Jul 29 2009 11:01am
DONT TRUST THIS GUIDE.

Its fake!
Just fake so he can PWN all ur chars :P
Jul 29 2009 11:02am
Quote (Eurbaba @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009, 19:01)
DONT TRUST THIS GUIDE.

Its fake!
Just fake so he can PWN all ur chars :P

damn, busted!
Gold: 45,000.19
Warn: 10%
Jul 29 2009 11:05am
thanks for posting :)

guys see also the 30 guide located here : http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=5433011&f=143 alot of the stuff in there can be converted over to 49.

just to emphasise perz's point: FRW is key vs skilled opponents.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 29 2009 11:06am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic