d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > The Lvl 49 Javazon Guide Version 2.0 > Now With Different Builds And Minor Fixs
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1.02
Jun 16 2009 07:34pm
Why Make a Java Zon?

They are cheaper than most builds, yet extremely effective if played correctly. One of the builds that require a huge amount of skill and determination to prosper in. (Sorry no easy to play spammerdins here). Not to mention they can get people to rage quickly if you can legit fc well (both a good and bad thing i suppose).

Why Should You Use My Builds?

I have re-made this build countless of times to figure out the truely best one out there. This build is the best one for me, but don't be hesitant to modify it for your own likings, after all this is just to help you in the right direction!

What type of builds are there and which one should i use?

There are 2 different builds in this guide, pros and cons to each

A. No dodges
Pros:
More dmg
no chance of dodge lock
Cons:
When you could have dodged an attack, instead you have taken dmg
less life

B. Dodges
Pros:
More life
chance to dodge attacks
Cons:
Less dmg
Chance to be stuck in dodge lock

What is dodge lock?

Dodge lock is when you have been repetedly set into the dodge animation, making you not able to attack. Attacks that can set you into dodge lock are any rapid speed attacks (Zeal, Fb, Fury etc)

Break points we will be using (No dodge build)

Fhr - 86
Ias - 89
Fcr - 0 (depends on your items, i use 0 with my gear)

Break points we will be using (Dodge build)

Fhr - 32
Ias - 89
Fcr - 0 (depends on your items, i use 0 with my gear)

Gear

First choice will be inblue
Second choice will be in red
Third choice will be in green

Helmet:

Rare circ with the bare minimum stats of 1 amazon skills 30 frw (better stats is a big plus obviously such as life, res, 2 sockets, mana) socketed with 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel and if 2 sockets 1 facet
2 Amazon .12 Valkyrie Wing socketed 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel
Peasant Crown socketed 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel

Amulet:

Any rare you can get a hold of with nice stats (Amazon skills, str, dex, life, res etc)
Telling of Beads
Etlich

Armor:

Jewelers Dusk Shroud of the (life mod) socketed with 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel (i use 15 ias / 15 res) and 3 facets
Jewelers Dusk Shroud of Stability socketed with 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel (i use 15 ias / 15 res) and 3 facets
Jewelers ____ of the (life mod) socketed with 1x 15 ias / x mod jewel (i use 15 ias / 15 res) and 3 facets

Armor to have in stash

Shaft socketed with a 15 ias / x mod jewel

Shield:

Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting socketed with 3x 15 ias / x mod jewels (i use 15 ias / 15 res) OR Artisans Dragon Shield of Deflecting socketed with 3x 15 ias / x mod jewels (i use 15 ias / 15 res) It depends if you prefer spending the extra stats to lose the frw penalty of a tower shield
Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting socketed with 3x 15 ias / x mod jewels (i use 15 ias / 15 res)

Weapon:

A rare Ceremonial Javelin with the stats of 3+ Jav skils, 30+ ias, 200+ ed (If you use these you can use 4x facets in your armor and facets in your helmet)
Eth Titans

Do not use rare/blue javs with out ed or else you won't be able to use physical damage! (explained later on why this is very important)

Rings:

1 20 dex raven and 1 str/dex rare ring with other stats
2 ravens (can be considered bm)

Gloves:

I swap out between the 2

2 java skill 20 ias rares with stats and res
3 java skill 20 ias

Belt:

String of Ears with a mavs belt in stash

Boots:

This is all preference here, with a dodge build it is wiser to choose aldurs obviously with the less need for fhr

Rares with 30 frw / 10 fhr and res / stats or Aldur's

Weapon Switch:

Low Req Harmony

Inventory

Max dmg
10x gcs, enough fhr gcs to hit the corresponding fhr bp and a mix of frw/lifer charms to hit the frw you want (I reccomend 90+total frw)
Fhr charms to hit the corresponding fhr bp and a mix of frw/lifer charms with mana/res to hit the frw you want (I reccomend 90+ total frw)

Survivability
4-6x gcs, enough fhr gcs to hit the corresponding fhr bp and a mix of frw/lifer charms to hit the frw you want (I reccomend 90+total frw)
Fhr charms to hit the corresponding fhr bp and a mix of frw/lifer charms with mana/res to hit the frw you want (I reccomend 90+ total frw)

Stat Placement

Strength: Enough to wear gear WITH HARMONY ON
Dexterity: Enough to have max block
Vitality: Rest
Energy: I am cool so no noob joke here

Skill Placement

Passives:

1 in critical
If dodge build 1 in each dodge, none in any of the rest

Bow skills:

None

Java Skills:

20 in Cs
20 in Fury
Rest in synergies

How To Legit Fc

This is a little tricky to explain so bare with me.

You need to have Cs and Fury (or throw if you want) on a right click hotkey. I use X for cs and Z for fury

Now that you have done that there is 2 different types of fc i use, remember to hold down shift for each type!

The Click method

For this method, you need to have your cursor over your oppenents body so you can see their life. Have your right skill click on cs then switch to fury and back to cs quickly. About a quarter to a half a second later (Not right after!) you click. When you fc you do not see the actual cs, but your enemy does. What you see is what you threw ( a javelin or fury) and then the enemy getting hit by a little lightning thing. This method can be used while running or standing still. When you are running you should initiate a long run, go through with the fc steps and then click as usual while running. This is mainly used for enemys that are on the offense

The Name Lock method

This method is by using name locks, so once you get one you can fc on your enemy as long as you have the nl. To do this I hold down my cs key on the enemy to have a name lock, then switch between cs and fury quickly. I can't exactly explain the right time to switch between keys but once you find it you'll know. This is mainly used for enemys that are running away

Quick youtube demonstration of the click method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvK7a5BZno&feature=channel_page

This post was edited by ibzack on Jun 16 2009 07:58pm
Jun 16 2009 07:35pm
Dueling Strategies

Barbs:

Whirl Wind: Put on your String of Ears. Throw lightning fury's at them to weaken them while they run / whirlwind at you, the physical dmg will actually do alot of dmg. Only tank and cs if you absolutely need to! If they whirl wind lock just run and fury. Finish them off with cs when their health is low enough. If they tele you will need to cs a little bit more, but try not to take too much while doing so. The trick to beating a tele barb is to run away between the time he tele'd on you and the time he ww's.

Conc: Either tank and cs if they have low res or run and fury and finish off with cs.

Assassins:

Trap: Put on your mav's. You are going to be playing defensively here. Throw Fury's at them to weaken, and fc using both methods depending on the situation if you know how. Use the click method to fc if the sin is on the offense running towards you, and the name lock method if they are running away from you. Just remember to never EVER try and tank their traps.

Kick: Same as conc barbs

Amazons:

Bowas: My personal favorite duel, this requires a lot of timing and name lock abilities. For the most part the bowa will be running away from you, so you will need to use your harmony when they are not shooting arrows. Once they shoot an arrow that is going to hit you, switch to your shield and walk, then switch back after the arrow has passed. When you can achieve a name lock do so and fc away. Usually i can finish a bowa in one name lock. If the bowa uses fury to try and take you down, you can either fury back at them, walk up to them in a zig zag pattern and cs them, or run around them and click fc.

Cs Zons:

This is also a very fun match, as most mirror matches are! At the begginning of the duel, run away from them if they chase you while furying them. Once they have minimal health run in for the kill with cs. If you are furying them and they run back to fury you as well use your secret weapon, Far Cast! Depending how they are playing, you can use either method of fc.

Paladins:

For all paladins whenever possible, when they are charging away use the name lock method of fc.
Also for all paladins when they charge at you, fury them and walk away then fury again and walk. Since they are charging they have a very low chance of blocking your physical dmg.

Hammerdins:

Easy match unless they sorb. Predict where they are and use your fury to unsynch them since when they block it they will be visible, once they are visible get a name lock and fc once or twice. Just be conscious of both visible and invisible hammer fields. If they tele on you Cs them once walk down fury them and repeat.

Zealers:Same as conc barbs and use the strategies listed for all paladins

Fohers: Honestly this is a very very hard match. You have to name lock fc them as fast as you can, or consider yourself dead. There is nothing else to it unfortunately

Smiters: Same as zealers

Necromancers:

Bone:

Vsing these is a mixture of the bowa strats and the trapper strats. Avoid spears and spirits while getting in range to do a quick click fc. If they run, use the name lock method. You can also fury them and set them in block / fhr lock and do quite a bit of dmg.

Poison: Same as trappers but just avoid the novas

Druids

Windy:

If they don't tele it is an easy win. Fury them to set in fhr / block lock and then do a quick click fc, repeat until dead.
If they do tele it is a whole lot harder. When they tele on you run down away from nado range and fury them until they are set in fhr / block lock and then do a quick fc and repeat.

Fissure:

Stand still and kill with name lock fc, easy win.

Sorceress

Fb:

A hard match indeed. If all they do is tele away, treat it as a bowa and dodge the fbs until you are in range for a name lock, and name lock fc. If they tele stomp then you can either try and tank them and cs them at point blank, or run away fury them to set in fhr / block lock then do a quick fc.

Blizz:Same as fb just avoid blizzes instead of fbs

Orber: Same as fb just avoid orbs instead of fbs

Lightning:I honestly haven't dueled a good one but treat it same as all other sorcs

That is it for the guide. Constructive criticism is accepted and appreciated, but keep all flame and spam (i already payed for it!) comments to your self.

Special thanks to anyone who contributed to the last thread, mostly Angel_Elite

Quick reminder, this is not a discussion on whether legit fc is gm or bm, this build is based around the use of legit fc. Like it or not, don't bash it because i will not put up with it as i did in the last one

This post was edited by ibzack on Jun 16 2009 07:52pm
Gold: 2,043.01
Jun 16 2009 07:38pm
sticky newsyle,
Nice guide zack

This post was edited by gobb on Jun 16 2009 07:41pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 16 2009 07:41pm
only thing i noticed was that is says,

Stat Placement

Dexterity: Enough to have max block WITH HARMONY ON

can't have mb with harmony silly :D
Jun 16 2009 07:42pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Tue, Jun 16 2009, 09:41pm)
only thing i noticed was that is says,

Stat Placement

Dexterity: Enough to have max block WITH HARMONY ON

can't have mb with harmony silly :D

oops thanks jebsy

Quote (zspoonz @ Tue, Jun 16 2009, 09:43pm)
nn to give out ur secrets XD, and nice guide..... if a little late lol. but i do like my zonXD its fun being zack

lol, sorry i had my previous guide in a text file when you asked for help, but it totally slipped my mind lol

i've already had someone come tell me they dueled a zon called "ibzack" and thought it was me :)

This post was edited by ibzack on Jun 16 2009 07:45pm
Gold: 13,160.00
Jun 16 2009 07:43pm
nn to give out ur secrets XD, and nice guide..... if a little late lol. but i do like my zonXD its fun being zack
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 16 2009 07:43pm
Quote (ibzack @ Tue, Jun 16 2009, 09:42pm)
oops thanks jebsy

np ^_^
Gold: 114.79
Warn: 80%
Jun 16 2009 07:47pm
n1 guit
Gold: 0.26
Jun 16 2009 07:55pm
noice repost. should include that youtube vid where i let you fc on me imo.
Jun 16 2009 07:58pm
Quote (Mr_Puddles @ Tue, Jun 16 2009, 09:55pm)
noice repost. should include that youtube vid where i let you fc on me imo.

good idea, added
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic