d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Xlt Pvp/countess/pit Lighting Sorc Guide
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Jul 12 2006 10:02pm
XlT'S GUIDE TO A PVP/COUNTESS/PIT LIGHTING SORC

Table of Contents
1. Intro
2. Equipment
3. Skills
4. Stats
5. Inventory
6. Mercenary
7. Tips
8.Levling Guide
9.Conclusion

1. Intoduction
Hello and welcome to my lighting sorcress guide. In this guide you will be able to do
  • Pvp
  • Countess
  • Pit Runs
This Guide for all three of these can be used by the same equipment. This Guide is ment for 1.11b. That is all for the intro so enjoy biggrin.gif.

2. Equipment

Blue= What you should use if you can afford it.
Red= What you can use if you cant afford the regular equipment.

Ammulets
*+2 to lighting skills with 10% FCR
*Maras
*+3 to lighting skills

Rings
*1x SoJ
*1x 10 FCR ring with mods
*2x Nagels or Ravens

Helms
*Griffons socketed with a 5/5 die light facet
*Shako sockted with a um
*Lore Shako

Armor
*COH Dusk shroud
*Ormus(either + to lighting or chain)socketed with a 5/5 die light facet
*Skin of the Vipermagi
*Que-Hegan’s Wisdom

Belt
*Arachnids Mesh
*Glooms

Boots
*Eth Treks
*Silkweave

Gloves
*Frostburn
*Magefist
*Trangs gloves

Weapon
*Perfect light eschutas socketed with a 5/5 light die facet
*Occulus
*Wizardspike

Shield
*35% FCR sprit monarch
*Lidless

Switch
*CTA(ANY Bo but the higher the better)
*Any sprit shield
*None

3. Skills

Lighting Skills
+1 Into Static Field (For Boses every sorc should have 1 pt into this skill)
+1 Into Thunder storm ( will do alot of damage wen u have all the +to skills)
+1 Into Telekinesis (Preq for teleport also can pump up energy shield)
+1 Into Energy Shield (Also everys sorc should have this)
+1-20 Into Nova (Ups your lighting spells)
+20 Into Charged Bolt (Ups your lighting spells)
+20 Into Lighting (Main attack against bosses and PvP biggrin.gif)
+20 Into Chain Lighting (Main attack against countess and in the pits)
+20 Into Lighting Mastery (Ups your lighting damage....Duh wink.gif)

Fire Skills
+1 Into Warmth (good for....mana recharge....duh tongue.gif)

Cold Spells
+1 Into Frozen Armor (Really helpful for +to defense and when enemys hit you they become frozen)

4. Stats

Strength- Just enought to use your equipment. Remember Nobody likes a muscular, steroid rippin girl tongue.gif

Dexterity- Once again just enough for your equipment. Also remember if u made the mistake on makeing a steroid rippin sorc we dont want the sorc hitting us now do we?

Vitality- All of your remaining pts should go into here. After all who doesnt like a sorc wit alot of health?

Energy- This is up to you here u can either do two of the following:
-Put 50 pts into there for more mana and less life
-Or just leave it how it was and have more life

5. Inventory

In your inventory should be the following
-8x +1 to lightin skills gcs (if u can get them wit either 12%fcr and +to life then do it.)
-7x +20 to life scs (if u want get +20 then get any +to life scs to life remember that 1 life could decide whether you live or die)
-1x Anni (I dont think i have to explain myself here on the anni, +to res +to attritubes +1 to all skillz enough said tongue.gif)
-1x Hordric cube(if you get anything worth anything, put it in the cube)
-1x Tomb of Town Portal (..... Not even gonna say it)
-1x Tomb of Idenity (......Ditto)

6. Mercenary
-Helm=Eth Andys helm
-Armor=Eth Fort
-Weapon=Eth Cyrptic axe or Eth Colosus Voulge Infinity

Ok for your merc, the andys is good for def, +life steal so you dont really have to give him alot of potions. The Fort is just alround good 4 arm for anyone the +to res and +% dam makes it awesome. Finally, the infinity.
The infinity is awesome for the conviction aura(lowers enemys restences) and the -45%-55% to enemys lighting resestinces, also it does awesome damage.

7. Tips
If you plan on using this for any of the above then just stay back cast chain lighting a couple of times, if u have a immune either ur merc will kill or when the conviction aura will kick in and they wont be immune anymore

For pvp just when some1 comes by zap em wit your 32k lighting tongue.gif

8. Levling Guide
Yes what i sugesst is to get a full g rush STOP AFTER MEPH IN HELL then start chaosing till wheneva u want to stop(i sugesst lvl 85-99). Than when you are lvl like for example 94 you can go do hell ancients to get the lvl smile.gif

9. Conclusion

Yes that is it sad.gif anything you need to no about this sorc that want answered in the guide just PM me and i will answer u asap. This guide took me a while to write and alot of experements to get this sorc right. So, i hope you enjoyed it and if you do make this sorc, Good Luck with her if u made it my way you will do fine tongue.gif

X l T
Warn: 10%
Jul 12 2006 11:26pm
Not the best build. One point into ES is very weak. Its better to go all vit or max tk es atleast. Also Hoto > Eschuta's res mana same dmg in the end and fcr. And I find that the priorities are out of whack. Mara's > 2/10 ammy. Sojs > Fcr rings. Frost > Mages. You're overshooting some breakpoints with this setup and by using the 'over shooting' gear you're negatively impacting the end result. I'm not too impressed.
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 12 2006 11:37pm
Pvp and Pvm setups are totally different. for PvM you're gonna want to switch to gear with lots of MF (unless you're straight key running). Pits requires MF though, so it's a good idea to switch to MF gear.

3/20/2 Light Circlet >>>> Griffons
Either go 90%+ ES, or don't use ES at all.
Fletch > Maras (if you can't get fletch). Maras is only choice if Fletch not available
Warn: 10%
Jul 12 2006 11:47pm
Quote (distortion- @ Thu, Jul 13 2006, 05:37am)
Pvp and Pvm setups are totally different. for PvM you're gonna want to switch to gear with lots of MF (unless you're straight key running). Pits requires MF though, so it's a good idea to switch to MF gear.

3/20/2 Light Circlet >>>> Griffons
Either go 90%+ ES, or don't use ES at all.
Fletch > Maras (if you can't get fletch). Maras is only choice if Fletch not available

85% Is fine man.
Griffons is good because you'll reach the 117 bp unless you assume you'll use a fcr ring.
My suggestions were assumed 100% legit but fuck ya Fletch kicks ass if you can get it.
Warn: 30%
Jul 13 2006 08:52am
Quote (XlT @ Thu, Jul 13 2006, 04:02am)
XlT'S GUIDE TO A PVP/COUNTESS/PIT LIGHTING SORC

Table of Contents
1. Intro
2. Equipment
3. Skills
4. Stats
5. Inventory
6. Mercenary
7. Tips
8.Levling Guide
9.Conclusion

1. Intoduction
Hello and welcome to my lighting sorcress guide. In this guide you will be able to do
  • Pvp 
  • Countess
  • Pit Runs
This Guide for all three of these can be used by the same equipment. This Guide is ment for 1.11b. That is all for the intro so enjoy biggrin.gif.

2. Equipment

Blue= What you should use if you can afford it.
Red= What you can use if you cant afford the regular equipment.

Ammulets
*Maras
*+2 to lighting skills with 10% FCR
*+3 to lighting skills

Rings
*2x SoJ
*2x Nagels or Ravens

Helms
*Griffons socketed with a 5/5 die light facet
*3/20/2 Cororna Socketed with either 2 shaels or 5/5 die light facets
*Shako sockted with a um
*Lore Shako

Armor
*COH Dusk shroud
*Ormus(either + to lighting or chain)socketed with a 5/5 die light facet
*Skin of the Vipermagi
*Que-Hegan’s Wisdom

Belt
*Arachnids Mesh
*Glooms

Boots
*Eth Treks
*Silkweave

Gloves
*Frostburn
*Magefist
*Trangs gloves

Weapon
*Perfect light eschutas socketed with a 5/5 light die facet
*Hoto
*Occulus
*Wizardspike

Shield
*35% FCR sprit monarch
*Lidless

Switch
*CTA(ANY Bo but the higher the better)
*Any sprit shield
*None

3. Skills

Lighting Skills
+1 Into Static Field (For Boses every sorc should have 1 pt into this skill)
+1 Into Thunder storm ( will do alot of damage wen u have all the +to skills)
+1-20 Into Telekinesis (Preq for teleport also can pump up energy shield)
+1 Into Energy Shield (Also everys sorc should have this)
+1-20 Into Nova (Ups your lighting spells)
+20 Into Charged Bolt (Ups your lighting spells)
+20 Into Lighting (Main attack against bosses and PvP biggrin.gif)
+20 Into Chain Lighting (Main attack against countess and in the pits)
+20 Into Lighting Mastery (Ups your lighting damage....Duh wink.gif)

Fire Skills
+1 Into Warmth (good for....mana recharge....duh tongue.gif)

Cold Spells
+1 Into Frozen Armor (Really helpful for +to defense and when enemys hit you they become frozen)

4. Stats

Strength- Just enought to use your equipment. Remember Nobody likes a muscular, steroid rippin girl tongue.gif

Dexterity- Once again just enough for your equipment. Also remember if u made the mistake on makeing a steroid rippin sorc we dont want the sorc hitting us now do we?

Vitality- All of your remaining pts should go into here. After all who doesnt like a sorc wit alot of health?

Energy- This is up to you here u can either do two of the following:
    -Put 50 pts into there for more mana and less life
    -Or just leave it how it was and have more life

5. Inventory

In your inventory should be the following
-8x +1 to lightin skills gcs (if u can get them wit either 12%fcr and +to life then do it.)
-7x +20 to life scs (if u want get +20 then get any +to life scs to life remember that 1 life could decide whether you live or die)
-1x Anni (I dont think i have to explain myself here on the anni, +to res +to attritubes +1 to all skillz enough said tongue.gif)
-1x Hordric cube(if you get anything worth anything, put it in the cube)
-1x Tomb of Town Portal (..... Not even gonna say it)
-1x Tomb of Idenity (......Ditto)

6. Mercenary
-Helm=Eth Andys helm
-Armor=Eth Fort
-Weapon=Eth Cyrptic axe or Eth Colosus Voulge Infinity

Ok for your merc, the andys is good for def, +life steal so you dont really have to give him alot of potions. The Fort is just alround good 4 arm for anyone the +to res and +% dam makes it awesome. Finally, the infinity.
The infinity is awesome for the conviction aura(lowers enemys restences) and the -45%-55% to enemys lighting resestinces, also it does awesome damage.

7. Tips
If you plan on using this for any of the above then just stay back cast chain lighting a couple of times, if u have a immune either ur merc will kill or when the conviction aura will kick in and they wont be immune anymore

For pvp just when some1 comes by zap em wit your 32k lighting tongue.gif

8. Levling Guide
Yes what i sugesst is to get a full g rush STOP AFTER MEPH IN HELL then start chaosing till wheneva u want to stop(i sugesst lvl 85-99). Than when you are lvl like for example 94 you can go do hell ancients to get the lvl smile.gif

9. Conclusion

Yes that is it sad.gif anything you need to no about this sorc that want answered in the guide just PM me and i will answer u asap. This guide took me a while to write and alot of experements to get this sorc right. So, i hope you enjoyed it and if you do make this sorc, Good Luck with her if u made it my way you will do fine tongue.gif

X l T

This post was edited by XlT on Jul 13 2006 08:54am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 4 2006 07:14am
The conviction aura on merc's infinity is awesome, but the minus lightning resist mod on it is useless for the sorc, it only works for the char holding the wpn
Gold: 0.01
Sep 27 2006 12:03pm
max nove b4 charged bolt cuz in pvp u can use it vs some other sorcs if u suck at hitting
Gold: 65.00
Dec 30 2006 12:10pm
where do i find info on fcr max number
Gold: 9.46
Mar 21 2007 06:12pm
nice guide ty much
Gold: 5.00
Apr 15 2007 10:55pm
did i miss something here? is there a reason assuming we do this build that we dont use a torch? +3 skill stats res, think you could get rid of one skiller to add torch in there =) it doesnt look like you just forgot to add that into the guide, you say 8 skill charms + cube thats 10 rows inv.

This post was edited by SmokyPower on Apr 15 2007 10:58pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll