d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Toronto Blue Jays Fan Thread
Prev1144614471448144914501458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Oct 2 2021 07:06pm
Quote (BillsMafia @ Oct 2 2021 08:41pm)
Cmon Rays!!! & Angels one mo' time!! does it even matter to us if the sox lose tomorrow now?

Yes.

Either Sox or Yankees have to lose (doesn’t necessarily matter who) and Jays need to win.

Only possible outcome for the Jays to be part of a tie breaker.

How Seattle fares doesn’t affect the Jays chances (to be part of a tie breaker), so long as the Jays win tomorrow.
Oct 2 2021 07:12pm
Quote (FunkDoc @ Oct 2 2021 09:06pm)
Yes.

Either Sox or Yankees have to lose (doesn’t necessarily matter who) and Jays need to win.

How Seattle fares doesn’t affect the Jays chances (to be part of a tie breaker), so long as the Jays win tomorrow.

Sox and Yankees are the only 2 teams that control their own destinies at this point.

If the Sox win, no other games matter, they are in
If the Yankees win, no other games matter, they are in
If the Jays win, they need either the Sox or the Yankees to lose, and they are in the tie breaker
If the Mariners win (2), they need either the Sox or the Yankees to lose, and they are in the tie breaker
Gold: 900.00
Oct 2 2021 07:13pm
Quote (FunkDoc @ Oct 2 2021 06:06pm)
Yes.

We got this boys. I'm from Rochester, Redwings are the nationals farm team. First game of the year this year, before the game started I yelled at Luis Garcia, "Yo Garcia! Playoffs baby!" lol no minor league playoffs this year. dude looked back and laughed. seen him next game 3 days later, on shrooms, kept yelling "MVP" at him, because he was giving the farm team a chance, dude tossed me a ball...lmao i was on shrooms so I felt like a little kid having his fav player toss him a ball bro...lmao was great. A few weeks later he was called up to the Nationals. Luis Garcia will hit the winning home run against the Sox tomorrow and thus giving my team, The Blue Jays, a shot at the playoffs. It's coming full circle boys, I just didn't know me shouting playoffs at Garcia meant for my sanity, not his. - lmao If this really happens
Oct 2 2021 07:21pm
With that being said, the most likely scenario pending the Jays win tomorrow, is the Sox will beat the Nationals (securing their spot regardless of any other games)

And the Yankees will probably lose to the Rays (based on everything we’ve seen this season, up to this point)

The Jays would then be tied with the Yankees for the final wild card spot, and pending the Mariners win their next 2 games, it could be either the Jays and Yankees in a winner makes the WC, loser goes home game, or a three way tie if the Mariners win their next games, where as the tie breaker system is based on how each team performed against the other..

the breakdown is here —-> https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/needs-happen-blue-jays-reach-playoffs/

Essentially, the team with the best record vs the other teams overall will get to choose if they want to be team A, B, or C. Then the team with the next best record vs the others chooses which team they want to be (remaining out of A, B, C) and the team that has the worst record vs the other two opponents, would take whichever A, B, C is left.

A hosts B on Monday
Winner advances in the tie breaking round, loser goes home
Winner hosts C on Tuesday, winner wins the tie breaking round, loser goes home

Team C would have an advantage as they only have to win one game opposed to two, but they would have to play that game on the road.
Oct 2 2021 07:32pm
Everybody get right and make ways to church tomorrow so our prayers of the Jays making it will be heard lol 🙏🏼

Let’s see the Jays sliiiiiiiide into the playoffs
Oct 2 2021 07:34pm
Quote (FunkDoc @ Oct 2 2021 06:21pm)
With that being said, the most likely scenario pending the Jays win tomorrow, is the Sox will beat the Nationals (securing their spot regardless of any other games)

And the Yankees will probably lose to the Rays (based on everything we’ve seen this season, up to this point)

The Jays would then be tied with the Yankees for the final wild card spot, and pending the Mariners win their next 2 games, it could be either the Jays and Yankees in a winner makes the WC, loser goes home game, or a three way tie if the Mariners win their next games, where as the tie breaker system is based on how each team performed against the other..

the breakdown is here —-> https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/needs-happen-blue-jays-reach-playoffs/

Essentially, the team with the best record vs the other teams overall will get to choose if they want to be team A, B, or C. Then the team with the next best record vs the others chooses which team they want to be (remaining out of A, B, C) and the team that has the worst record vs the other two opponents, would take whichever A, B, C is left.

A hosts B on Monday
Winner advances in the tie breaking round, loser goes home
Winner hosts C on Tuesday, winner wins the tie breaking round, loser goes home

Team C would have an advantage as they only have to win one game opposed to two, but they would have to play that game on the road.

lmao I want a 3 way tie just for that insanity...and the Jays coming out the winners. then winning the world series. I want the best story in baseball history. Let's FKN GO!
Oct 2 2021 07:45pm
Quote (BillsMafia @ Oct 2 2021 09:34pm)
lmao I want a 3 way tie just for that insanity...and the Jays coming out the winners. then winning the world series. I want the best story in baseball history. Let's FKN GO!

Gold: 0.69
Oct 2 2021 08:57pm
screw a 3 way tie, 4 way tie or gtfo

Ryu pitching tomorrow...he will definitely be on a SHORT leash

This post was edited by chips456 on Oct 2 2021 08:57pm
Oct 2 2021 09:03pm
Quote (FunkDoc @ Oct 2 2021 06:45pm)

Quote (chips456 @ Oct 2 2021 07:57pm)

It's okay boys, I see an Angel.

Oct 2 2021 09:11pm
Quote (chips456 @ Oct 2 2021 10:57pm)

He’s going to be the story line one way or another. Definitely on a short leash but I don’t think anybody is doubting his ability to get the job done.

That being said, here’s the black and white:

Ryu so far this season vs Orioles

3-1, 5.15 ERA
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1144614471448144914501458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll