d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Archives > Softcore - Price Check > How To Help Us Help You In The Price Check Forum
Closed New Topic
Gold: 1,432.53
Feb 8 2009 01:17pm
Welcome to the Price Check Forum.

Here I will teach you the rules of the Price Check Forum, how to look up comps on your own to save you time, and how to post your price check request properly.

RULES OF THE PRICE CHECK FORUM:

The bump rule in the Price Check Forum is different from the trading grounds. Remember - Trading Grounds is 4 hours, Price Check Forum is 12 hours, and non trade-related forums is 24 hours.

The same rules that apply in your trading grounds also apply here, so keep that in mind when posting here.

If you are not sure you can check the Trade Rules and the Forum Rules of d2jsp.

The Price Check Forum is not a place to offer your items. Once you get an accurate price then post a thread in the proper Trading Grounds.

This is NOT a place to spam, or to flame other users. Violating this rule, and any other Trade Rules or Forum Rules will not be tolerated.

Most importantly - If you see an item requesting a price and you know the going rate, don't be shy! Add your opinion of a price in there! "Treat others with the same respect you expect."

HOW TO LOOK UP COMPS ON YOUR OWN TO SAVE YOU TIME:

OK! Lets get started!

First - You find an item that looks fantastic, but not sure what its worth. For example we will use a basic item - a Paladin torch, also known on d2Jsp as a "ptorch." So, you have a 15/15 "ptorch" and want to figure out the price for it.

Your first step is to go into the trade forums of the proper place that you play - Trading Grounds.

Second, type "ptorch" in the search field as shown in the picture below to locate all threads that have "ptorch" in it, whether it be an "ISO" thread or a "FT" thread. Either way, you may find what it was sold for, or what the price is listed as.

You will then get a screen with all threads that contain the select characters that you have entered that will look like this:

If you can find the exact torch you have acquired, and the price, then thats perfect! If not, you can get prices for various torches and figure out just exactly what the rate is in the current market. In a case with a torch, stats are more important then resistances so remember that when determining a price. You can also do this with items like runewords by just clicking on the "Runeword" filter and going through other posts, or with that 20 Life / 30 Attack Rating small charm that you found by filtering "Charms." Annis and torches will also show up in the Charm Filter. If you are looking for a price to rush a character of yours, you must go to My Events and use the "Search" field on the top just the way it is described above.

Now, lets say that you search through the "PTORCH" threads and can't find an accurate price on it, or you are not comfortable with the prices that you have seen. Or perhaps it is a rare item, 1 that is like no other, or a certain crafted item that will be very difficult to find a thread with similar stats. That is where the Price Check Forum comes in handy. Many people on d2jsp have accurate opinions on items and donate a lot of the spare time they have by price checking other peoples items.

WHAT TO POST FOR A PRICE CHECK REQUEST:

First, you want to describe the item in the Topic Title. Something along the lines of this "15/15 Paladin Torch." In the Topic Description you want to make sure to specify what realm you play on and whether its Ladder or Non-Ladder. Something along the lines of this "ESCL" or "Hardcore West." An example is shown in the picture below of a proper title and description.

NOT POSTING THIS INFORMATION PROPERLY CAN DELAY AN ACCURATE PRICE CHECK.

If we don't know where your Hammerdins favorite spot to spin his hammers, we can't price it for you. wink.gif

WHAT TO POST INSIDE THE THREAD:

In the thread you want to describe the item that you need a price for. I have been using a Paladin torch as an example but the description for that is pretty basic. Lets switch it up a little bit to a rare Amazon Circlet. In the thread you want to include all the stats that come with it. For example:

+2 Zon Skills
30% Faster Run/Walk
+25 Life
+16 Cold Res
+25 Light Res
2 Open Sockets
Lvl 47 req.

Posting a screenshot is the easiest way to describe any item.

Here are the Guides to Posting a Screenshot.

Screenshots are not mandatory but if your posting without one be sure to include all information especially any variable stats. 1, 2, or no sockets can mean 100's of difference in forum gold so it is important to add everything. If it's an Enigma include armor, defense, roll (750-775). If it's an ethereal Fortitude include defense, Life per Level (to check Life per Level put it on a character and take the added life divided by Character Level and you come up with the Life per Level, also know as LPL), resistances. Well, you get the idea smile.gif

I am always around to help in this forum as much as possible, please don't hesitate to PM me for any questions that you may have - on this forum or anywhere on jsp.

Special thanks to:
Kirsty_mcm for her assistance in this guide.
d2_hooked for answering all my questions.
El Shadday for allowing me to sticky this.

This post was edited by Lajo on Dec 11 2010 01:43pm
Go Back To Softcore - Price Check Topic List
Closed New Topic