d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Blizz Sorc Guide > Lld
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 5,800.00
Dec 22 2008 10:51am
Blizz Sorc Guide By Vyst / Blld
im revealing my secrets... ohmy.gif

do u like blizz sorcs? or do u want to try a new sorc build and have never tried blizz?

well today is ur lucky day im going to give u basic gear and a strategy to duel with blizz sorcs and against them (thats what im known for)

first things first
Hell rush a sorc get all stats/skill quests.
then thats all u need to do on that part tongue.gif
my blizz sorc used ZERO fhr i used soe
u really dont need fhr on a blizz sorc.. ive always dueled on her with zero fhr i have never had fhr problems. might have been because i took so little damage from my great stats because u go into fhr lock when u lose 1/10 of ur life in 1 hit.. soooo u be the judge

for the gear
im going to tell u what to use for each slot.
rings- 2x sojs
ammy- a 2 cold ammy with great stats (u dont need fcr on it u want to hit the 63 fcr bp)(but u can use a decent 2 cold/life or 2cold/mana or one with both/personally i use a 2 cold 9 dex 79 mana 32 life 15 all res
belt- ah the belt. there is sooo many possibilities... u could use soe or a 24 fhr/life belt.. i personally use soe because it gives dr and magic damage reduce which greatly helps vs casters.
boots-a few possibilities with this one.. u could use dex/res boots crafted mana boots or u can use cowkings. if ur starting off use cowkings i remade my sorc with setups to use vs individual chars and i used dex/res boots which set me back 750 fg so use cowkings till u know what ur getting urself into tongue.gif
armor- of courrse.. use viper magi no doubt. i socketed my armor with pruby(do that depending on what u want life or mana. i reccomend life bc u can replenish mana
weapon-im betting ur thinking a ugly/crappy spirit arent u? f- no they are a disgrace to lld and ruin it. use a orb. 1 sorc or 2 cold skills with +blizz or iceblast the best one u can find.... spirit ruins the originality of lld... but if u cant afford one AT THE MOMENT use spirit.. i suppose
gloves- frosties of course..
weapon switchuse a orb with es/chilling or shiver armor but if u can afford one like me use a es/blizz insight..
charms- the worste part.. ur gonna hate it. use 14/12 lif/manas or 15/11s or 15/12s... ohmy.gif
but since this is ur first time making one stick with life scs or life/mana gcs cheaper and pretty effective.

now for the skill placement.

theres 2 ways u can do this depending on how GOOD u want ur char if u are a more defensive player then do this

okay so u got ur full rushed char. and u want to do the skills RIGHT
so go to ur skills and go to COLD then put a point in all skills u need to be able to get blizz then max blizz then go back to iceblast and max that
then heres the durability of the build.. get tele and 1 in warmth. and u have enough skill points to put into icebolt or u can get 7 in telekinesis
with telekinesis ur es absorbs alot more mana than u should but u have 200ish dmg less than u should.
so overall it saves u a shitload and thats where using a orb comes in handy.. +4 or +5 blizz so that gives u alot of dmg so ull be hitting around 1.2k blizz with 1k blast
or u can go pure dmg and tank less and max icebolt and be doing roughly 1.4k-1.5k blizz with 1200-1300
blast? i dont remember but thats close to it
so ill let u be the judge there. if ur defensive go pure dmg offensive go more tanking.

Dueling Strategies.

Vs hammerdins- this should be your easiest fight unless their bming and stacking. u know that little skill u got u thought u would never use called frost nova? well just run around casting it and it will synch the pally showing him where he is near u then tele off and blizz him and repeat... simple

Vs amazons-
charge striker- stay ur distance blizz iceblast if they got u namelocked

and if they legit fc tele close blizz tele away OFF screen

Vs Bowazon-stay on their asses the whole duel only tele away when ur es has ate up all ur mana blizz on top of them then tele iceblast and repeat.

Vs-fb sorcs- your hardest challenge virtually its impossible for a blizz to kill a decent fber but stay away and be defensive and blizz/blast when u feel safe to

vs a lightning sorc-pretty easy duel ive never lost to a light sorc just blizz on top of them then telestomp with iceblast pretty simple

vs another blizz sorc- here is where im known for.. ive beat people with full bmanas and great gear ive even dueled meitou vs his blizz sorc for #1 blizz spot and he used 15/70s to see if he could possibly win.
so what you do is stay close to them when ur trying to attack blizz on top and if they are blizzing back at u tele on them iceblast ONE OR 2 TIMES THEN TELE AWAY when u hit them with 1 or 2 they come out of fhr lock and can attack back so tele away then repeat the proccess over and over ive never told anyone this and thats why ive been the top blizzer for ever really i learned it from DataO_o aka thor #1 blizzer before i came along he taught me everything i knew so anyways.. lol when ur dueling another blizz sorc its all about who tanks the most. get alot of cold resis and iceblast them to death is what people thing
DO NOT DO THAT
always blizz on top of them tele on them iceblast twice at the most and repeat.. it doesnt hurt them as u can see but their mana is greatly depleted.. so u have the advantage then do it once or twice more then the next time stomp them and dont stop because u have more mana and can out tank them mana wise u could have 200 life and they have 900 u can still win this way. so good luck and practice hard.

Vs barbarians never try to tank a good barbarian just stay away and blizz let them ww u once or twice every now and then so they dont get bored tongue.gif

Vs druids
ele druids- fissures u can tank just telestomp dont run over their fissures

nado druid- these have ele armor blizz them tilll its low then telestomp and iceblast them and repeat.

fury druids- hard if they are greatly geared but easy if they suck. just blizz/iceblast and tele away

Assassins-
traps- these can be deadly just be defensive and stay south of them and blizz if u get fhr locked just weapon switch really fast and run

kickers/ghost- be defensive on them til about half life then tank them easy kill.

This post was edited by Blld on Dec 22 2008 10:59am
Gold: 117.00
Dec 22 2008 10:58am
change the yellow font, i cant read ne of it inless i highlight

other then that, decent guide, but from what ive seen they are expensive to make a good one
Dec 22 2008 10:59am
Quote (HellsArmory @ Mon, Dec 22 2008, 04:58pm)
change the yellow font, i cant read ne of it inless i highlight

other then that, decent guide, but from what ive seen they are expensive to make a good one

happeh?
Gold: 117.00
Dec 22 2008 11:01am
Quote (Blld @ Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:59pm)
happeh?

much better! and nice guide
Dec 22 2008 11:03am
u jews are all gonna copy my blizz vs blizz strat now ohmy.gif
Gold: 40.00
Dec 22 2008 11:16am

how sweet you made a section for me

heart.gif
Gold: 0.01
Dec 22 2008 11:18am
tl;dr
Dec 22 2008 11:18am
Quote (IAmAsylum @ Mon, Dec 22 2008, 05:16pm)

how sweet you made a section for me

heart.gif

of course
Gold: 0.01
Dec 22 2008 11:25am
Should be stickied. n1

EDIT: still Ballots>

This post was edited by machetebill on Dec 22 2008 11:26am
Dec 22 2008 11:25am
Quote (machetebill @ Mon, Dec 22 2008, 05:25pm)
Should be stickied. n1

^.^
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic