d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Level 30 Bowzon Guide > (version 1.0)
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 20,009.00
Sep 7 2008 03:09pm
Quote (majestikk @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:25pm)
teach me to play d2 gud like j00

Quote (WarlocksDad @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:13pm)
<DIV class=quote1>Quote (Mr_Bilson @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:10pm)</DIV>
<DIV class=quote2><!--QuoteEBegin-->once again showing how retarded you are

Quote (Mr_Bilson @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:10pm)
once again showing how retarded you are

None of the above comments were helpful at all. Take your arguments to PM's please.

Quote (sXTitan @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 01:08pm)
heart.gif

also, if the zon has a point into LF, it could do a bit better than multi, but any zon would still need a bit of luck to consistently beat me on druid biggrin.gif

and the color of the guide font is fine unless you're using some crazy jsp template

PM paparick and he'll put it in the sticky

Yeah I considered modifying the build a bit to allow for 1 point in LF. It would certainly help in at least a couple situations I can think of ... I may include this in a re-post at some later date.

Quote (IAmAsylum @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 07:39pm)
what no light bolt or light fury? (needed imo for chargers/kickers)

no cbf listed as main setup? (deaths>bloodfists and 24 fhr beltl)

ceremonial javas instead of harpoons? (harpoons ive ed from dexterity, ceremonials do not)

k

Your points are valid but I wish you had went into more detail about why you make each decision. I do have a CBF (death's combo) in stash, it really doesn't matter which is main set and stash set, you use them for the appropriate duels. As far as ceremonials vs harpoons, I suppose harpoons can be better, but it just comes down to whichever javs are better that you have available. I will add that in the repost though for sure. As far as LF goes, it certainly would be a nice benefit but I wasn't sure if it's worth losing the passives (I already was able to beat most chargers close to 50/50 - which is fairly high for a bowa, perhaps LF would give the edge needed to win a FT5 against them). As far as LF helping against kickers... I think it's a nice idea, but in practice we will still be absolutely obliterated by a good kicker, regardless of what we do.

Quote (WarlocksDad @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 01:14pm)
Sloxx, i want to make my bowa again thanks to you getting me thinking about it, and i still have all the gear.

Quote (WarlocksDad @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 10:01pm)
Sloxx:
just one ? - as this build did not show 1 point into straff - i am just asking why not?

I know multi can do most of the work (if not all) strafes does, but there just are times i love strafe, and it's shooting speed.

With your build using Strafe you would be shooting up to 9 arrows, have 22.5 % (or 30% depending on who you talk with, and base or starting damage) more damage then multi. As such you can punish some guys for making a mistake up close and personal just a little faster - which is always fun.

With multi you can still punish them but you only shoot 7 arrows and do 25% less damage from base (a 22.5% or 30% swing in damage in the wrong direction), but strafe lock will not happen, you do not need to switch your second bow attack, and you have greater range as well with multi, so those are some very good reasons to not use strafe.

Hay i don't know this so i am asking you now Sloxx - why you did not put one into strafe? I want to know your thinking on all this, as i know you build godly zons, and my next one i want to make better then my last one.

Glad to hear you want to make a bowa man. As far as strafe is concerned, I hadn't even though about it, or tested it, so I cannot really comment. I just remember making a PvM zon a long time ago, and ended up hating strafe's mechanics overall (especially in pvp).
Gold: 0.65
Sep 7 2008 03:20pm
The colors you chose for your guide made it very aesthetic. Thank you. My eyes didn't start to bleed reading it. Good content too, but not as important as appearance ofc.
Gold: 43,395.19
Warn: 10%
Sep 7 2008 03:53pm
i chime in on the lightning fury. its whats needed vs some builds. also i never take cbf off except when im dueling a necro in 1v1.
harpoons are what everyone wants, but ceremonials are what alot of ppl use because they drop more.
i dont use multi, ever, maybe i should.
Gold: 20.00
Warn: 80%
Sep 8 2008 12:24am
Quote (Sloxx @ Mon, Sep 8 2008, 10:09am)
None of the above comments were helpful at all. Take your arguments to PM's please.

i disagree
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 8 2008 05:07am
didnt read it, too long.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic