d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Who Here Likes Realms Downs??? I Dont > A Guide To Help You To Reset And Play
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.91
Mar 21 2008 10:04am
This is my First Guide Ever so Please be nice and comment

This guide is for the Realm down blues, i know we all suffer from it and i know you all dont like it

so i decided it make a Guide to help Reset/Change your Settings Via router or windows to get rid if the Realm down.

i have only tested this on Cable modem type connections, so if anyone has Dsl Let me know if this works for your type also

if not i will try and do a one on one reset.

1# Method is the Eziset to do by far Reset Via Router Admin Console Use Dlink Router(My Brand)

step 1 :: Depending of your Routers Make type one of the Following address's in your Internet Browser

192.160.0.1(Dlink) or 192.168.1.1 or New one i found 192.168.2.1(Beklin) this sould Promt a Admin Page
stateing you put in user/pass, for the User type Admin and then Leave the Pass blank, this sould bring you to
a homepage for your Admin console for you Router As Seen in Pic #1 below

Step 2 :: as Seen in Pic 3 Click Status then click DHCP Button 1 then hit ok then unplug your modem

Step 3 :: go in to the Wan Settings there you will see Pic #2

step 4 :: go down to the Mac Address part where i have circled the 2 numbers you can Change those to anything you like
but i suggest you keep the first digit the same but change the last one, Then hit Appy there will be a msg saying
Device it restarting click ok

Step 5 :: go back to Pic 3 plug your modem back in wait for all the lights to come back on then hit the second button DHCP reNew
and it sould say sumthign like ip address aquired or sumthing.

Step 6 :: Step back and Rejoice Realm Down is Gone, and you can give Blizzard the Finger

On a Side Note when doing this you will Also Aquire a new Ip Address like all new Mac Address

Method #2 In Windows just as easy but more invovled, i just found from a source and Tested, i added my version of the pics and combined them

This works on most NIC cards but some (few and far between) lack this option. It is particularily handy when spoofing
your identity on a network. This will show you how to in windows XP, other versions of windows will require most likley identicle instructions.
follow the pictures...goto control panel or wherever to view your network adaptors. right click on your NIC and follow along.
click configure, Pic#1

Select the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Network Address' Pic#2

:::: this is my addition to this method before doing this method when you are about to entre your new mac address i suggest you use one thats
closest to your current one, go to start>run>cmd> type in the console ipconfig /all, it sould look like Pic#3, i have circled the Mac address
now useing that info from your current mac you can make a new one similar to it in the following step type it all out then change the last digit like
in my first method.:::::

Enter the MAC address you wish to use, Valid charectors: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 a b c d e f, no spaces or ':' Pic#2

click 'ok' out of these windows. then your NIC will go down and back up. now open up your command line window. CMD or COMMAND depending on what windows your using and type:
ipconfig /all to list your networking information, you will see your new MAC address is set(Physical Address ....). Pic#3

Last Step is to unplug your modem and wait 10 sec then plug back in.

Note: if you are creating fictitious MAC address's, you may have to try a few different ones, as not every fictional MAC address will work. The change may apear to have worked, but only when
you try connecting to something will you know if it is successfull (search the web, connect to IRC etc...)
anyhow, enjoy!

I know some may have questions about this just Pm me if you have any.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll